• Like it

34 82.93%
  • Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Loved it. Although the multiplayer needs some fixing - connecting to a match lol. And the controls are very weird at first if you don't play through the tutorial. Other than that, I love the fact that I can listen to my XMB custom soundtrack. There's nothing like listening to If You Want Blood by AC/DC while kicking some $#@!ing ass!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the graphics look good? Texture detail, shadows, lighting and reflections seem to have a lot of polish. I'm still getting used to the controls though. It feels much bigger than Twisted Metal: Black.
    Nope, there are plenty of others. I think they look great, and the style and level are perfect for this game. Anyone who is stopping to checkout the textures is doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Thats because you have no idea about the finer strategies of this game. It really isn't a button masher. Not at all. Its like a fighting game, you can button mash your way through it and hope for the best, and it may even work sometimes, but there is so much more to it.
    Exactly, as I said earlier, knowing the map, having good driving skills and understanding the weapons are what make this game shine. Jaffe said it's basically a fighting game with cars.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    No, youre not the only one. I think the graphics look great especially for this particular genre. Like others have said the haters are gonna hate.
    Yep, don't need Uncharted graphics $#@!ing up the frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Loved it. Although the multiplayer needs some fixing - connecting to a match lol. And the controls are very weird at first if you don't play through the tutorial. Other than that, I love the fact that I can listen to my XMB custom soundtrack. There's nothing like listening to If You Want Blood by AC/DC while kicking some $#@!ing ass!
    The custom soundtrack thing is bad ass. I wish more games did this.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Twisted Metal is going to be awesome. Just another must have PS3 title.
    Oh yeah, definitely.

Forum Elder
    After playing for a couple of days, I'm really starting to enjoy it. My only prior experience with the series was the PSP game which I loved. It's been a few years since I played that one, but playing the demo brought back a few memories.

With that said, I do think the comments others have had of it being too PSN-like are justifiable. I'd definitely pay $40 for it, but now I'm starting to rethink my first day purchase.

Oh, and I wasn't expecting much graphics wise, but I ended up being quite surprised! They were much better than I expected!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Tried it and dindn't really enjoy. I have never played any twisted metal before, I was getting attacked from all directions by everyone, the controls suck, graphics are ok but not great.
    Last edited by berts08; 02-02-2012 at 12:59.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Master Poster
    Just played a few rounds of Deathmatch online and it's brilliant!!!

so much fun!

reminds me a bit of TM2 and TM black

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Won a few rounds on the SP deathmatch, so much satisfaction!!

Kinda easy actually, especially if you run around and go for the health packs.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Have they fixed matchmaking now?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Have they fixed matchmaking now?
    I still get that error, really annoying.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    I shoulda mentioned before I've always disliked twisted metal games :P

It definitely is niche gaming though. I just couldn't enjoy this new one no matter how hard I tried. (also dislike driving games). Meh.

Sent by Fax.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    i like it so far

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Dedicated Member
    I absolutely can't wait for this game!! I'm buying it day one for sure. Nuke mode was awesome, although I'm still figuring out the best strategies for that mode. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long long time. I think single player will take up the most of my time since I'm not a big mp type of person, but I'm totally hooked on the mp in the demo.

I really hope it sells well for the sake of Eat Sleep Play, and David Jaffe. These are the type of studios we should all support. It's a grassroots, creative, and passionate studio for sure.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by rockousaf View Post
    I absolutely can't wait for this game!! I'm buying it day one for sure. Nuke mode was awesome, although I'm still figuring out the best strategies for that mode. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long long time. I think single player will take up the most of my time since I'm not a big mp type of person, but I'm totally hooked on the mp in the demo.

I really hope it sells well for the sake of Eat Sleep Play, and David Jaffe. These are the type of studios we should all support. It's a grassroots, creative, and passionate studio for sure.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    Jaffe is one of the most unique, down to earth and honest devs in the industry. He is probably the most in touch with the gamers who follow him and comes off as being really open and cool. He's like a mate who got into the game biz but is still one of the boys. Probably his best quality is his humility. Twisted Metal is a great game going from even the demo, he has put a lot of heart and soul into this and this is crystal clear in all of his videos and interviews. You are dead right in saying that such studios should be supported...Jaffe, Levine and Kojima will always have my support until they stop having the passion for game development that they have.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    finally got into some MP last night, played like 4 or 5 rounds of deathmatch. Very fun, and it runs so well. Once you get into a lobby that is..... But in the game everything is smooth and even the respawn is very short (barely enough time to take a drag or a sip of drink) Still trying to figure out the level, man it is massive. Damn you guys for knowing where the health packs are already. They are all gone when i need one.
    Outlaw has been my go to guy so far.

I totally agree with Ghost above me. Jaffe is so cool and down to earth. I saw the live stream that he did yesterday and it was so laid back and fun. Definitely a good model for me as i am getting ready to get into the game industry (although i will be on the programming side, not design).
    Last edited by gumionday; 02-02-2012 at 19:25.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Superior Member

I wanted to like it but I guess I'm just not cut out for these types of games. I felt like I was being gang raped by everyone and the controls just didn't seem intuitive. I will just stick to games I'm good at like Shooters and platformers and sports games. It just seemed like chaos...I hate that. No real point. I like games with more objectives I guess and not so much absent mindedness. I like Jaffe because I liked calling all cars and well obviously GOW and I like his attitude as a developer..sadly I'm just not cut out for this type of game. I like to enjoy the scenery, be immersed in a game...feel a part of the battle or level..not race around shooting off hundreds of rockets and crazy bombs and being shot at all over the place. I very much agree this is a niche title. I am sure if your good at these games you like them...there is a definate learning curve and I don't see any reason to try. I wanted a game you can pick up and have some fun...but sadly this game takes a lot of work..not what I want....and if you have a room full of experts..well it is miserable. If the graphics were awesome and the destructiveness incredible and I saw something genius about the game I would say it was worth learning...but nothing epic in what I saw...game reminded me of full auto 2 (same genre but easier to play) in graphics with some different styled cars and weapons...but honestly I see nothing special in the gameplay to make me want to learn this game. After playing Motorstorm Appacolypse in 3d this game just didn't have any WOW moments. If it was a $19 psn game I would say it was a maybe...but full price..sorry. I do think everyone must try it though..my impression is simply my own. Can't say those that love it are wrong and those that don't are right. I do laugh at those that say it has great graphics or physics...it simply does not do either very well to me. Like I said comparable to Full Auto 2 which was almost a launch game. I would even say that some PS2 HD upgraded games look almost as good but again graphics is not what this game is about. This game is definately a love it or hate it. I don't see big sales. Certainly will top 500,000 this year but I don't see a million copy seller for awhile. Especially if they don't fix the servers.

I really don't get it...last gen games like Battlefield, COD, and Socom had no problems with lag or servers...now days you can barely find a stable game. Anyways off topic...everyone should at least download it and give it a look...just don't expect AAA graphics or effects...but you could have a lot of fun and that would be all that matters.

Selected Members Council
    A bit off-topic, but do you guys remember the main theme for Twisted Metal: Black?

It was pretty sick.

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    LOL Haters gonna hate! Twisted Metal is AWESOME!! Soooo badass. Anyone who was into the original Twisted Metal is probably gonna love this. This is a niche game, like Demon's Souls, it's not for everyone, but the demo is $#@!ing great!

I was INSTANTLY taken back to the PS era, it felt very nostalgic, then looks great and plays great to boot. A shining gem in Sonys catalog, for those with eyes to see it.

Thanks for clearing this up for the noobs who grew up playing COD. This game is awesome in everyway imaginable, graphics are not everything and this game proove it, it's mad fun !!! I missed how videogames were fun, this reminded me many souvenirs... i can't wait to play this in split screen and enjoy some old fashioned fun !

I found the controls at first awkward but once you adjust it to race controls... it simply rocks !!! Soundtrack is good too even though i hate heavy metal/rock music. In this game, it fits perfectly !

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up for the noobs who grew up playing COD. This game is awesome in everyway imaginable, graphics are not everything and this game proove it, it's mad fun !!! I missed how videogames were fun, this reminded me many souvenirs... i can't wait to play this in split screen and enjoy some old fashioned fun !

I found the controls at first awkward but once you adjust it to race controls... it simply rocks !!! Soundtrack is good too even though i hate heavy metal/rock music. In this game, it fits perfectly !
    excuse me but i take offense to being, called a "noob that grew up on CoD" simply because i don't like the game...i grew up owning an NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PS, N64, PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360, and a Wii...

Liking this game has NOTHING to do with what console was your first or how old you are...implying such is simply dumb...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    excuse me but i take offense to being, called a "noob that grew up on CoD" simply because i don't like the game...i grew up owning an NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PS, N64, PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360, and a Wii...

Liking this game has NOTHING to do with what console was your first or how old you are...implying such is simply dumb...

Hey man I don't think ddPlanet was talking about you directly, but the kids that are younger than us. I see that you are 26 (I'm 31) but the gamers that are 15 to 19 right now didn't grow up with games like this they have had COD served on a silver platter each year. But to be partially fair you did say that you didn't like it and you were going back to play FIFA and MW3. Not trying to start a war but maybe help diffuse one.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    Hey man I don't think ddPlanet was talking about you directly, but the kids that are younger than us. I see that you are 26 (I'm 31) but the gamers that are 15 to 19 right now didn't grow up with games like this they have had COD served on a silver platter each year. But to be partially fair you did say that you didn't like it and you were going back to play FIFA and MW3. Not trying to start a war but maybe help diffuse one.
    This isn't directed at you gumionday...so don't take offense...

But what difference does it make what I'm going back to play?...those are the two games I'm playing the most of...with GT5 and Forza 4 behind them...

Just because i play and enjoy (most of the time) MW3 makes me less of a gamer? Not capable of comprehending the awesomeness that is Twisted Metal? Please...this is the problem with gamers this generation...there is no ability to have intelligent conversation over the merits of a game, console, or someone's opinion...this forum is rampant with it...members and staff alike...its pathetic...

My problem with the post is that its just a blatant stereotyping of people...the idea that people who don't like TM are somehow below it is asinine...

Last edited by Metfanant; 02-03-2012 at 00:58.
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    This isn't directed at you gumionday...so don't take offense...

But what difference does it make what I'm going back to play?...those are the two games I'm playing the most of...with GT5 and Forza 4 behind them...

Just because i play and enjoy (most of the time) MW3 makes me less of a gamer? Not capable of comprehending the awesomeness that is Twisted Metal? Please...this is the problem with gamers this generation...there is no ability to have intelligent conversation over the merits of a game, console, or someone's opinion...this forum is rampant with it...members and staff alike...its pathetic...

My problem with the post is that its just a blatant stereotyping of people...the idea that people who don't like TM are somehow below it is asinine...

None offense taken. Whatever you decide to play is awesome.
    But I do think the gamers that are 10 or so years younger than us don't get it because they have been playing a certain type of game for most of their gaming lives. Where as you and I we have been around the block and played quite a few number of different games. Hell we started off with Rush "N" Attack and Contra and Solomons Key and Spy Hunter, and got to move onto better and better games all of the time. So when something like Twisted Metal comes out they think that it should be the greatest thing ever. But Jaffe and crew aren't out to make the next biggest most graphically impressive game, from everything that I have seen on Jaffe's blog or his interviews about this game it is just supposed to be a good fun time driving around and shooting SH*T.

For me they nailed it perfectly. I love car games (GTA) and I love 3rd person shooters (Uncharted) put them together into car combat and I am a happy camper.

I love that you love MW3 because for myself that game just doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by gumionday; 02-03-2012 at 01:25. Reason: fixing stupid grammar errors

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    was able to get online right away just 20 minutes ago and played a few rounds of deathmatch, it gets more fun the more I play it.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    I'm 19 and grew up playing most of PlayStation 1s and PCs classics, I was played a game from pretty much every genre, but I get what you're saying and I'm definitely in a minority.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

just like the old good days!!!! tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4 tm:black,tmsp and now tm ps3!!!!!IM STILL A @#%^#$ BEAST IN THIS GAME!!!!!!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Does it seem like the online has been fixed? Had a long ass day today and didn't play anything tonight?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Thread Information