View Poll Results: Like it or hate it?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

34 82.93%
  • Hate it

7 17.07%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8

you gotta get wrecked and play this game shot gun some beer and smoke a roach joint....

i played thru the tutorial 2 times to get hang of the controls
    once you get it its good

single player DM is challenging

online is where this game shines !

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    not impress with this game at all. Guess you have to be a TM fan to enjoy this game.
    I am a TM fan, and didn't enjoy the demo. I do think it would be worth a $15 PSN title or $19.99 Platinum price though. I will pick it up once it hits one of those.

3. Likes Lethal , F34R likes this post

this game is dope but i would never pay 65$ for this TWISTED METAL it would be sweet to see it as a PSN title.
    Last edited by loccish_vi; 02-06-2012 at 22:04.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Seems like online has been fixed, last couple of days I've only had 2 error messages and joined 5 games.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Well, anyone still having the matchmaking errors? I can't play the online yet

Superior Member
    I have fond memories of the old TM games from back on PS1, but the demo was bland and uninspired to me, i did want to like it though but just couldnt. Hopefully the full release will improve on what the demo offered.

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Superior Member

I think the voting accurately reflects the quality of this game. 8-8.5 It can be very gratifying and nastaulgic but I think it definately hits a certain core audience. However, if you want to count success as how many out there you can bring into the game..I just don't see it shining there. Whether you agree or not you can have a really good game but if it is not accessible to the masses you are going to have a hard time being very profitable. Out of all the people that just loved TM previously it is probably fair to say that 1/2 no longer play video games or play on another console. I just don't see this game doing enough to make it attractive to a great deal of this new audience to keep it a successful business. I think as purely a fun game it holds up but making it fun for new users and old alike and really wowing people to bring them into this franchise..it falls flat.

There are many frustrating things about this game but there is definately some fun moments. I just didn't get satisfaction. Nothing epic in the kills or destructability or really anything..definately not the graphics. Can be very chaotic and to me I guess your taste just change over time. PS1 and 2 days I loved this game....now I lose interest very quickly. I guess you get into your 30s and your long past your college drunk phase this game just looses its luster. (Thats just my insight) This game would be a hit at half the price but I just don't see $60 at launch causing this game to sell to the masses. To get $60 from me or many I assume you really have to hit a home run in all areas of the game. Graphics, a story, smooth easy to access gameplay, and definately need so epic moments or game features. I just don't see it here. To me its just as telling that probably a 1/3 that even like also say they won't pick it up full price. That isn't a success in my book for a developer as they likely will see nothing of that money. This game would have made a great PSN game for $30 as an online only....saved the developers tons of money and probably got Sony to fit the bill for most of it...doesn't surprise me to see the team breaking up and going off on their own or even focusing on cheap to make but still fun to play download games.

9. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    I just got a "this has expired" error, and it won't let me play. Was this a timed demo or something?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Dunno about anyone else but without the helicopter i would enjoy the game much more.

good info guys

Thread Information