7 17.07%
Page 1 of 8 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Twisted Metal demo thoughts?

The multiplayer demo is installing now. I will edit with my opinion here in a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Soldier 95B
    For everyone or PSN+?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    For everyone or PSN+?
    For everyone I think. I do not like the game. Just seems like a huge clusterfuck of crap lol. It just does not feel like it did back in the day.

Soldier 95B
    Thanks. I will go queue it now.

i love it. could not get into any online matches but from playin around with the Challenge Mode. i like it probly a little hard for anyone new to the series. i do agree though it does not have the same feel that the others had.

Soldier 95B
    Getting matchmaking errors with Deathmatch and Nuke. Keeps saying Joining game... and then errors out and says disconnecting from network.

Headed to 1P Challenges.

yeah im having the same problem

Soldier 95B
    Well, weapons are cool. I like the easy lock on and destructible environment. But, yeah...this could be a PSN game to be honest. Gonna take this game off my radar.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Any thing could be a psn game, as for a budget downloadable? This game probably has 4x the content of such a title.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Any thing could be a psn game, as for a budget downloadable? This game probably has 4x the content of such a title.
    Ok. Well, I find this to be a budget title based on the demo. It sucks. I have to give kudos to the soundtrack though. Nothing like some "Heavy Metal Noise". VH!!

Super Elite
    I love it! I can't remember how the old ones played but this one is superb! Except they need to fix the lag a bit.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    forgot this was coming...after dinner ill have to pry myself away from FIFA and give this a go for a little bit and see what i think
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Lol its insanely hard i wont be buying day 1 but a few weeks.later

Thank you itachi

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    So its just a multiplayer demo? (Not near my PS3 atm :P)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

theres a 1p Challenge Mode. they need to do some tweaks to there ai though

PS Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    So its just a multiplayer demo? (Not near my PS3 atm :P)
    No its got training and challenge mode single player, also they are patching the online problem.

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    this game/demo is crap... i cant believe how much people have been hyped about it. Its a braindead button masher with no polish (yeah its a demo but its not going to look much better in final release)Its A pick up and play for 5 or 10 minutes before getting bored kinda game. Jaffe severely disappoints this gen in gaming... hes done jack shit. seriously... calling all cars and this?... this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

In all honesty this is a 10-15$ PSN title at BEST... but at full price retail, (or full price PSN download) thats absolutely retarded
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    After a few join attempts I joined a Nuke match and its pretty fun but I got disconnected so the servers need work. Will play a bit more tomorrow but so far it seems great.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

well it is a love it or hate it kinda game

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

In all honesty this is a 10-15$ PSN title at BEST... but at full price retail, (or full price PSN download) thats absolutely retarded
    You have stumbled across my exact same feelings. I know it won't improve, but I am still going to check out the multiplayer in the demo for shits and giggles once it is patched to get on.

PS Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    After a few join attempts I joined a Nuke match and its pretty fun but I got disconnected so the servers need work. Will play a bit more tomorrow but so far it seems great.
    They are working very hard on a patch!

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Installing now. Guess servers are being dodgy so wont get to play 'till tomorrow

Soldier 95B
    From 7 hours ago:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/twisted...f-day-1-tweaks

As everyone should know by now, the much awaited demo for Twisted Metal lands on PlayStation Network today for United States residents. Expected to hit PS3 later today, the demo is "all multiplayer, except single player with bots in challenge mode." So while you won't be able to experience any of the Story Mode, this demo should give fans a good feel for how the majority of their gameplay time will be spent.

While we've been able to get some early gameplay time with the game from recent events, we are anxious to see the changes made from then until today's demo. And according to David Jaffe, the demo should give a pretty accurate representation of how the game will play at launch. Basically, what you see in the demo is what you'll get at launch, minus a few last minute tweaks.
    "Demo reflects 85% day 1 numerical tweaks," Jaffe explained in a last minute Twitter update to fans. "We've done more balancing since the demo for day 1 patch."

If you've been keeping up with Jaffe's blog you are probably aware of many of the changes the development team has been working on. He's one of the few developers that gives constant updates about the progress of the game, even while it was in production.
    Twisted Metal is set to hit stores on February 14th, giving you a great way to spend your Valentine's Day.
    So the poster above who complained about having the AI improved, that could be in the day one patch for you.

PS Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    From 7 hours ago:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/twisted...f-day-1-tweaks

So the poster above who complained about having the AI improved, that could be in the day one patch for you.
    Jaffe has said the AI is alot harder in the demo then the full game

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    this game/demo is crap... i cant believe how much people have been hyped about it. Its a braindead button masher with no polish (yeah its a demo but its not going to look much better in final release)Its A pick up and play for 5 or 10 minutes before getting bored kinda game. Jaffe severely disappoints this gen in gaming... hes done jack shit. seriously... calling all cars and this?... this game is going to feel like an oversized playstation network title (since it was originally planned as one) with an SP campaign tacked on

I liked Calling All Cars. It's probably more tightly designed than pretty much every other AAA game of this generation. It's not afraid to not hand hold the player, had a very interesting level of mastery and skill, combined with simple understanding of goal and conflict. The only "problem" is that there just aren't that many different skills and maps, but imo the design is completely solid, just the amount of content is not there. But for me, quality trumps quantity. I'd take a tightly designed game like Calling All Cars over a huge title that's scrubbing the bare minimum of well conceived design like Skyrim any day.

Thread Information