Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

And this is why I do not play online.......

While purchasing my brand new 80gb b/c PS3 (Oh yes!) from someone on Craigslist. I found out he mods controllers. He installs mod kits which gives you auto aim even while you are running.......

That $#@! makes me sick. And this is why I will never play online unless it is against my friends.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    While purchasing my brand new 80gb b/c PS3 (Oh yes!) from someone on Craigslist. I found out he mods controllers. He installs mod kits which gives you auto aim even while you are running.......

That $#@! makes me sick. And this is why I will never play online unless it is against my friends.
    Eh...nowhere near as common as you might think...seems kind of silly to limit yourself to half the experience because of it

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    Eh...nowhere near as common as you might think...seems kind of silly to limit yourself to half the experience because of it

I do not think is as uncommon as you think. He said he mods about 10 controllers a week.....Why do I want to play online knowing there is a chance people are cheating? No fun in that at all.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I do not think is as uncommon as you think. He said he mods about 10 controllers a week.....Why do I want to play online knowing there is a chance people are cheating? No fun in that at all.
    Put it this way...I play MW3 just about daily online...if lots of people are using these controllers...then they don't work as well as the guy wants you to think lol because I've never run across someone that I've even thought was using auto aim...

Yes there are cheaters out there but they are very few and very far between...if you run into one...you leave the server and play in a different one...

It seems like it would be less fun to totally not play online because you risk running into a single cheater after hundreds and hundreds of rounds played...

Of course you can believe what you "think" or what I "know"

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im pretty sure staff from infinity ward look at killcams and if they notice that somebody uses a modded controller, they ban him

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    uncommon or not, online MP sucks IMO. i miss the days of goldeneye and Bomberman. i dont want to kill some stupid kids i don't know (well in a game anyways lol) but i want to kill my friends sitting next to me

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    uncommon or not, online MP sucks IMO. i miss the days of goldeneye and Bomberman. i dont want to kill some stupid kids i don't know (well in a game anyways lol) but i want to kill my friends sitting next to me
    Personally it gets boring playing the same people over and over again...and...you get to play WITH your friends lol

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I found that a good way of avoiding campers or spammers is to either use the report player/kick player function if the lobby has it...or, you could use your mic to call them out on their bull$#@!. I did in Mortal Kombat online when some ass-clown was spamming Noob Saibot's teleport slam move. I made some $#@!ed up sound effects with my voice and I heard him laughing over the mic. He got distracted and I won.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I found that a good way of avoiding campers or spammers is to either use the report player/kick player function if the lobby has it...or, you could use your mic to call them out on their bull$#@!. I did in Mortal Kombat online when some ass-clown was spamming Noob Saibot's teleport slam move. I made some $#@!ed up sound effects with my voice and I heard him laughing over the mic. He got distracted and I won.
    Woah...you report campers as cheating???

10. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    First step when i play online is "MUTE -> ALL".
    Can't stand the whining and the high pitched childrenvoices, some people also like to blast others with Cheer through their mic

50% of headsetusers seem to be <14 years old - at least thats my impression from playing Warhammer 40k online the last 5 weeks.
    I think it's even worse in COD isn't it?

I also don't really get how this autoaim mod works... and even if it does why whould anybody want to play that way L2P noobs

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    First step when i play online is "MUTE -> ALL".
    Can't stand the whining and the high pitched childrenvoices, some people also like to blast others with Cheer through their mic

50% of headsetusers seem to be <14 years old - at least thats my impression from playing Warhammer 40k online the last 5 weeks.
    I think it's even worse in COD isn't it?

I also don't really get how this autoaim mod works... and even if it does why whould anybody want to play that way L2P noobs
    If you play on the 360 and play with friends, step 1 can be avoided by using party chat

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Woah...you report campers as cheating???

Sometimes I do it out of pure anger but sometimes, I do it to counter-troll the troller. Either way, I make it better for everyone who's playing normally and not hiding like a $#@! in a corner (snipers class is obv acceptable).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Sometimes I do it out of pure anger but sometimes, I do it to counter-troll the troller. Either way, I make it better for everyone who's playing normally and not hiding like a $#@! in a corner (snipers class is obv acceptable).
    Idk man...camping can be annoying...but its far from cheating...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Idk man...camping can be annoying...but its far from cheating...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Well I don't remember using that term in my first post. I just feel no one should have to switch rooms because of one guy. Besides, I use the latter most of the time, it's fun distracting them with random sound effects or really annoying voices

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I didn't know the PS3 and 360 have cheats. I thought all that crap was on the PC.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Reporting players for camping is stupid because camping is 100% legal and if you are good enough in fps games, campers arent hard to kill.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Alot of Console games have auto aim anyway.
    Not sure how a controller with auto aim works surely it needs to be software onthe console to work?

cheaters are in the minority just alot of gamers seem to think they are the greatest and can only be beat by people that cheat.

Reporting players for camping is lowest of the low that is trying to ban innocent people.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-01-2012 at 11:27.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Auto Aim chips inside the controller? Maybe rapid fire but not auto aim, lol. Also your PS3 isn't 'Brand New' it's second hand and will probably die on you shortly.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I never play online ever and i am glad i do not... Because campers are asswholes and cheaters are the ones you want to kill fast and quick. It destories the fun of playing online
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Auto Aim chips inside the controller? Maybe rapid fire but not auto aim, lol. Also your PS3 isn't 'Brand New' it's second hand and will probably die on you shortly.
    Ummm no I watched him use it. It is a mod chip inside the controller and it auto aims on your target. He was killing people while running. It has rapid fire and auto aim. And this is not auto aim like games have built in. His gun was locking on to nearby targets.
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-01-2012 at 14:32.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    its just a complete farce, when you play online

because you have morons that just do not know how to play the game and ones that ruin it for you and others... I will never play online until never really
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    got a $#@!load of abuse yesterday when i went 33/2 in sticks n stones...i find it funny..

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I don't see how modding a controller will give you autoaim. It would be just like on the PC, you would have to mod your mouse, but since you can't mod your mouse to autoaim nor can you mod a PC controller to autoaim, I am going to call bull$#@! on that dude.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    COD when using ion sights snaps to the enemy if aimed close enough so these controllers simply rapid fire the iron sights button.
    Turn off aim assist and it wont work.

The developers need to add a small delay on the iron sights action so it combats it, 30+ms or so.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-01-2012 at 15:33.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Alot of Console games have auto aim anyway.
    Not sure how a controller with auto aim works surely it needs to be software onthe console to work?

cheaters are in the minority just alot of gamers seem to think they are the greatest and can only be beat by people that cheat.

Reporting players for camping is lowest of the low that is trying to ban innocent people.
    Haha, i get that in MW2/3 quite a lot. People don't take kindly to shooting at someone for them to turn around and shoot them in their face. Thing i like about the CoD series is the killcam, makes life easier to see if someone is cheating or genuinely has a bit of skill

Thread Information