Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    You shut your damn mouth!!!!!!!!!!!! Da Bears are better and are the best team ever!!!!!!!! If Cutler and Forte did not get injured we had the Superbowl this year. I will defriend your ass with comments like that!!!!!

Soo, I am going to send you a friend request so I can defriend you ok?

Watch what you say about sports, staff cant decide what is banter or trolling

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    The rules need changing especially to the sports section, trolling should be aloud in that section, I should be able to go into the liverpool section and call them all council rats without the fear of getting banned, that is what we call banter. When your team loses emotions are very high and things get said, the americans dont understand this I feel. Its the effect football has on us and should be taken into account.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wait, are these perma-bans?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Wait, are these perma-bans?
    Dont think so, I think manutdfan is on a month ban and dont know how long Tuts ban is for.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here's the problem with trolling, and why it won't ever be allowed in places that normal discussions take place. It creates a tension and then the thread gets derailed by two or more people fighting like little *****es over the Internet. Then the rest of the forum can't enjoy the discussions in the threads because of all the derailment. So, you either want this **** to lighten up and the forums lose members because no one likes to be here while they get insulted constantly and their topics, or the discussions they want to take part in, are getting FUBAR; OR would you rather the forums lose the members that can't seem to understand the rules and make the forum unpleasant for others to use at their expense... Which do you want? Personally, if someone can't follow the rules, then they don't need to be here. PERIOD.

6. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    I did mention if they are insulted personally really bad they should be punished, if people get butthurt over someone saying xbot or $ony they have ****ing mental problems.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I did mention if they are insulted personally really bad they should be punished, if people get butthurt over someone saying xbot or $ony they have ****ing mental problems.
    If people are butthurt because they can't spell xbox, Sony, then they have ****ing mental problems. Anyways... Those terms are generally used as derogatory terms. Using them serves absolutely no constructive purpose at all on the forums.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Fear I just wanted to rant and feel the rules are strict which even the staff have said, take Soldier 95B for example, I post a mini rant that has nothing to do with him but he comes in and insults me with that pic, Will the staff do anything about it? Hell no, I dont want them to but why is he aloud to do that while others get punnished?

Soldier 95B
    Who cares if you camp in COD?
    Who cares if you don't camp in COD?

if anyone mentions how they hate campers you pop out of your corner and make the point that you camp, why?
    I am not sure I follow. So, it's ok to say one HATES campers, but someone can't say they enjoy camping? Is there a rule I broke? Am I not entitled to camp? Are non-campers only allowed to voice their feelings?

Can you elaborate?

I have made two comments about camping in the COD section. Here they are:

In a thread about a video about a camper...

Video wasn't that good, but oddly enough, I camp in that exact spot all the time on Carbon. Then again, I am a camper and I tend to find lots of camping spots.

and in a thread dedicated to camping "Why do people camp"

Camping is perfect, and I camp all the time. It's so easy to pick off all those run and gunner, mouthbreathing rambos...it's like shooting fish in a a fishbowl.

Did I criticize you or ANYONE else for that matter or belittle them or say LMAO because they don't camp? If those two quotes are that bad, report them and they would be dealt with accordingly. However, I don't see how I did or said anything wrong. They were ON topic and they were in reply to the OP.

I honestly want to know what made you LMAO at me for saying that.

what reason would you have to do that?
    See above. What reason would I NOT have to do that?

Then you come into this thread and try to make me look stupid in the get the **** out pic, why would you do that?
    It was a joke. I think you take gaming, internet or this forum FAR too serious.

The rant wasn't aimed at you so why try to insult me?
    I wasn't serious. I didn't REALLY want you to get the **** out. I read your posts all the time and like them. I have never wished ill will on you or said anything bad about you.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-01-2012 at 23:45.

Super Elite
    Am I the only one who thinks the mods do a good job?...
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

12. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Fear I just wanted to rant and feel the rules are strict which even the staff have said, take Soldier 95B for example, I post a mini rant that has nothing to do with him but he comes in and insults me with that pic, Will the staff do anything about it? Hell no, I dont want them to but why is he aloud to do that while others get punnished?
    He shouldn't be allowed, and if the staff thinks it warrants punishment, then that's up to them to deal with. I understand your rant, and at times, I can see where some people have been penalized and then others not for the same behavior. You just have to understand that it isn't just you and me using these forums. Some people have thick skin, and nothing really bothers them. The forum, though, has to be moderated based on the entirety of the forums. Not just the ones that post a lot, not just the ones with the thick skin. The guests, the lurkers, etc., are all taken into account. People don't want to sign up and participate in a forum where they see people constantly having their opinions berated, insulted, or they are just downright treated badly by other members. That is why there are set behavioral standards and everyone must follow them.

14. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    He shouldn't be allowed
    So now we can't say a joke or post joke images?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    So now we can't say a joke or post joke images?
    No no.. .I'm only saying that you shouldn't be allowed to insult anyone; not that your post WAS insulting. In general, not taking that post into account... know what I mean?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    I wasn't serious. I didn't REALLY want you to get the **** out. I read your posts all the time and like them. I have never wished ill will on you or said anything bad about you.
    I did not find it funny, you posted it to get a laugh of my expense which you did. I have said I dont care if you camp and you only say PS6 because people are calling xbox720 (xbox360 x 2 = xbox720) (PS3 x 2 = PS6) does not look right when you could have PS4, you are only saying it because everyone else is calling the next xbox 720, the next PS will not be called PS6.

I am probably over ****ysing what you write but I see a pattern in your posts, its my problem, I ****yse most people and im usually right about 95% of the time. If you honestly never ment to insult me then fair enough, think nothing more of it.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No no.. .I'm only saying that you shouldn't be allowed to insult anyone; not that your post WAS insulting. In general, not taking that post into account... know what I mean?
    Ah, ok. Yup, got ya. I agree.

I just had a conversation over IM with another member a couple hours ago. I mentioned that if we took this ENTIRE forum membership.....and had a central LAN party meet up over a weekend....with beer, pizza, LAN competitions....with Xboxes, PS3s, you name it. I GUARANTEE there would be no REAL insults (only in jokes), there would NOT be people BANNED from the LAN, and everybody would get along. Everyone would be talking games, playing games, laughing, competing. They wouldn't be arguing about graphics, they wouldn't call anyone names. It would be a weekend of non-stop fun.

But Monday, when they get back on the forums....all hell breaks loose again. It's the internet...the keyboard....it masks who people really are.

I did not find it funny, you posted it to get a laugh of my expense which you did.

You did not find it funny. I apologize. My sense of humor doesn't always work with everyone.

I have said I dont care if you camp
    There is a reason you pointed it out and said LMAO. I posted the two quotes that I said, and I was curious as to what was so funny about it and what was so notable that you had to broadcast that I said those two items.

u only say PS6 because people are calling xbox720 (xbox360 x 2 = xbox720) (PS3 x 2 = PS6) does not look right when you could have PS4, you are only saying it because everyone else is calling the next xbox 720, the next PS will not be called PS6.

I agree 100%. The next PS will not be called the PS6 and the next Xbox will not be called the Xbox 720. And yes PS3x2 is PS6 and Xbox 360x2 is Xbox 720.

Did I do anything wrong? Are we only allowed to double one, but not the other?

I am probably over ****ysing what you write but I see a pattern in your posts, its my problem, I ****yse most people and im usually right about 95% of the time. If you honestly never ment to insult me then fair enough, think nothing more of it.
    You are over ****yzing. I again have never said anything to you in the past, never attacked you, never belittled you. It was a joke, and there was no ill intent.

I am always open to apologize for any wrong doing or errors. On that note, I will replace said image....as what is most important to me is that we get along together on this forum. To me that is priority one.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-02-2012 at 00:18.

Forum Guru
    Items User name style

I just had a conversation over IM with another member a couple hours ago. I mentioned that if we took this ENTIRE forum membership.....and had a central LAN party meet up over a weekend....with beer, pizza, LAN competitions....with Xboxes, PS3s, you name it. I GUARANTEE there would be no REAL insults (only in jokes), there would be people BANNED from the LAN, and everybody would get along. Everyone would be talking games, playing games, laughing, competing. They wouldn't be arguing about graphics, they wouldn't call anyone names. It would be a weekend of non-stop fun.
    Sounds like a good time
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

I just had a conversation over IM with another member a couple hours ago. I mentioned that if we took this ENTIRE forum membership.....and had a central LAN party meet up over a weekend....with beer, pizza, LAN competitions....with Xboxes, PS3s, you name it. I GUARANTEE there would be no REAL insults (only in jokes), there would be people BANNED from the LAN, and everybody would get along. Everyone would be talking games, playing games, laughing, competing. They wouldn't be arguing about graphics, they wouldn't call anyone names. It would be a weekend of non-stop fun.

But Monday, when they get back on the forums....all hell breaks loose again. It's the internet...the keyboard....it masks who people really are.

I completely agree.

We should do this..somehow...

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08

You did not find it funny. I apologize. My sense of humor doesn't always work with everyone.

There is a reason you pointed it out and said LMAO. I posted the two quotes that I said, and I was curious as to what was so funny about it and what was so notable that you had to broadcast that I said those two items.

[/COLOR]
    I agree 100%. The next PS will not be called the PS6 and the next Xbox will not be called the Xbox 720. And yes PS3x2 is PS6 and Xbox 360x2 is Xbox 720.

Did I do anything wrong? Are we only allowed to double one, but not the other?

You are over ****yzing. I again have never said anything to you in the past, never attacked you, never belittled you. It was a joke, and there was no ill intent.

I am always open to apologize for any wrong doing or errors. On that note, I will replace said image....as what is most important to me is that we get along together on this forum. To me that is priority one.

Thanks, I dont want to start anything between us as I dont dislike you, was just mad at all the pointless bannings going on lately, I enjoy coming here and like every member here. I enjoy reading peoples opinions and having banter in the football threads. I will try and not ****yze people over the internet as it is much harder to do. It was just the way I was brought up to ****yze things. I hope I havent offended you in anyway and if so im sorry. Really ****ty few days and just needed to vent, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night and im away to sleep, only have about 5 hours kip.

Soldier 95B
    Sweet dreams mankind.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'm too late, but the staff are right. There are forums out there A LOT worse than this, where staff delete posts of members they don't like and change the titles of their threads to make them look bad. Believe me, this is a good staff and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Awww very nice happy ending between Mankind and Soldier. Almost had my tears.

In all seriousness. I like these forums great deal for several reasons. It's very neat and organized. Well written posts are what I admire the most, I learn so much from them language-wise. I find myself learning about English more than about gaming here, which is a fantastic thing. I really really don't like this place to turn into something like 'misc.' with posts like "you jelly?" "am 'mirin" "cool story brah" And if strict rules(I personally think they're not that strict,) is a tool to maintain this place the way it is, then I'm all for them. The occasional lol's are nice indeed, hell the most laughs I've had here are when I get trolled and mocked by some members There are even places specified for said lol's.

Yes I'd be annoyed if I try every time to express my opinion and get belittled by harsh replies I sometimes don't even know how to reply to, giving my native tongue, I don't understand 90% of the jokes said here (Thank you Google.)

I consider this place to be one of the most professional ones. I don't want to leave it for I don't think I can get accustomed to another one. So please, keep it the way it is.

I'm not an ass kisser if anyone is going to accuse me of being one. I'm not a moderator-material, and I couldn't bare the responsibilities that comes along with it. I only accept administrator positions.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

25. Likes Admartian , F34R , ps3isawesome , Black likes this post
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    People need to understand that every message board is run on a monarchy system. Some staff members will be more lenient then others with the latter judgment receiving this type of reaction. One thing I do want to know is why, Tutankhamun, manutdfan, Danny2304 and T0PGUN were banned after their 1 infraction?. Isn't that taking it a bit too far?.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    <Steps back for a moment>

I still cant follow this thread or what its about exactly.
    Im either getting senile, or no longer care.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    People need to understand that every message board is run on a monarchy system. Some staff members will be more lenient then others with the latter judgment receiving this type of reaction. One thing I do want to know is why, Tutankhamun, manutdfan, Danny2304 and T0PGUN were banned after their 1 infraction?. Isn't that taking it a bit too far?.
    It's wasn't their first infraction.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    I'm pretty sure I was banned after just one infraction. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be, but considering I've been here for 4 years without even so much as a warning, I was surprised to say the least. I didn't(and still don't) think my post was even infraction deserving...let alone deserving of a ban.

Thread Information