Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Guru

2 Weeks to Go and still no official vita commercial.

We're not talking about some taco bell commercial that briefly mentions vita. what about a commercial that shows off its features, library, gameplay and released date. you know, a REAL commercial? what happened to aggressive marketing?? are corporations relying too heavily on viral marketing or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Im sure Sony has something planned for the Superbowl on Sunday.
    If not.............expect US sales to suck
    The average person still has no idea what the hell the Vita is, so Sony would benefit with airing an ad during the halftime show. People would start talking about it.
    Last edited by O.J. Mayo; 02-04-2012 at 17:58.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Indeed man. Whoever is in charge of the Playstation brand's marketing should be fired ASAP.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Guru
    Dunno if anyone noticed but Sony's not doing so well financially right now. Advertising is massively expensive.

Ultimate Veteran
    sony also had no real good commercials either for the ps3 launch. but i hope they have a few for the vita

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Indeed man. Whoever is in charge of the Playstation brand's marketing should be fired ASAP.
    What marketing? lol

7. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Don't they have to hire someone for the position before they can technically fire someone from said position?

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Don't they have to hire someone for the position before they can technically fire someone from said position?
    Lol! XD

Quote Originally Posted by *goo
    Dunno if anyone noticed but Sony's not doing so well financially right now. Advertising is massively expensive.
    Their Playstation division is doing well compared to the others. If they want to prevent more losses, they better sell their products by advertising them. Why do you think, Kinect did so well in such short time and Move didn't?. Because Microsoft took an aggressive approach which involved hundreds of millions.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    That's no excuse. Good marketing campaigns will benefit Sony financially.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Super Elite
    That's no excuse. Good marketing campaigns will benefit Sony financially.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    i bet they'll make kevin butler do another cheesy ad lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    sony also had no real good commercials either for the ps3 launch. but i hope they have a few for the vita
    But they had commercials.I still remember the rubrix cube..that was at launch. PS vita had no commercials, other than taco bell. That's appealing to hardcore gamers.most people don't know what a vita is lol

They don't even have online ads

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Their Playstation division is doing well compared to the others. If they want to prevent more losses, they better sell their products by advertising them. Why do you think, Kinect did so well in such short time and Move didn't?. Because Microsoft took an aggressive approach which involved hundreds of millions.
    I'm not debating for a second that advertising doesn't work. Although, today it's debatable how well TV advertising works compared to other areas - social networking, for example.

When it comes to money though, they're in a pretty deep hole. Just because the division is doing well doesn't mean they've got sufficient cash flow to run a multi-million pound/dollar campaign after bringing the console to market.

When a company doesn't do well on all fronts, the profitable parts normally prop up the ones not performing.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Forum Guru
    I'm not debating for a second that advertising doesn't work. Although, today it's debatable how well TV advertising works compared to other areas - social networking, for example.

When it comes to money though, they're in a pretty deep hole. Just because the division is doing well doesn't mean they've got sufficient cash flow to run a multi-million pound/dollar campaign after bringing the console to market.

When a company doesn't do well on all fronts, the profitable parts normally prop up the ones not performing.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.
    what about viral marketing? That's cheaper than TV block time. Get whispers going. The biggest viral ado ever see them do was the"Michael"ad. If they are still running palm Michael commercials they can afford to ruin vita commercials. Pull the ps3 ads for a couple Weeks and run vita. Or do some you're of Michael viral thing with the internet to build anticipation. I know they ate hurting, but to have no commercial at all for this is stupid. Like you said, playstation is their most profitable! Why are they going to that mess up ? They won't. They'll cut back on other programs for another departments more than they would on ps

Forum Guru
    ****ing Swype I meant ps3 Michael and run vita commercials*

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    They need a cool commercial, like this one they did with the PSP

18. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Forum Guru
    no sb commercials yesterday?

Elite Guru
    No

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    No

Dedicated Member

I really don't know why people have high expectations that somehow the Vita will perform exceptionally well in the western markets. Sony lacks the focus of agile competitors that have greater focus on select products; this is subsequently reflected in the turgid marketing.

I can't recall who, but someone mention a short while ago that several home console games that have been adapted for the handheld Vita will appease to the western mindset. I personally don't think that will work and completely misses the present demand for handheld gaming: short but enjoyable experiences. Meanwhile the memory card fiasco adds a layer of annoyance when the majority of handheld competitors (ie smartphones such as the iPhone) omit.

We'll come back to reflect upon the poor sales in the coming months as a marker for Sony's exit from the dedicated handheld gaming environment and retrenchment towards consolidation in the Sony mobile front.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-san View Post
    We'll come back to reflect upon the poor sales in the coming months as a marker for Sony's exit from the dedicated handheld gaming environment and retrenchment towards consolidation in the Sony mobile front.
    Probably. Which is a damn shame, cos the Vita is has such a huge potential

Hopefully it sells decently enough until it can hit mass market price, which will be when it can really kick off. I will be supporting it heavily though from the get go, so hopefully it does alright

Thread Information