Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    PSN ID
    bucho2012
    I can understand that people prefer ios to android and vice versa. I also had a wp7 phone briefly and I loved the interface, however I prefer android currently as its more open for me. I guess my point is that the ps vita is priced incredibly well based on its hardware. It might not have all round software finesse ios but it's a gaming machine does what it was built for flawlessly. And with time hopefully Sony will expand vitas potential

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian uk View Post
    I can understand that people prefer ios to android and vice versa. I also had a wp7 phone briefly and I loved the interface, however I prefer android currently as its more open for me. I guess my point is that the ps vita is priced incredibly well based on its hardware. It might not have all round software finesse ios but it's a gaming machine does what it was built for flawlessly. And with time hopefully Sony will expand vitas potential
    Priced well for the whole package or the actual hardware because the breakdown showed how little those parts cost.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Priced well for the whole package or the actual hardware because the breakdown showed how little those parts cost.
    Price of parts != cost of manufacture.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Price of parts != cost of manufacture.
    I know that, but that wasn't the focus. It's going to need a hefty price drop ala 3DS to turn over those kind of sales after the initial new hardware buzz*

*imo
    Last edited by Noxia; 02-06-2012 at 01:35.

Super Elite
    Android tablets are sold for a profit. Who didn't see that coming? But in comparison to the iPad and iPhone, they are cheap. The crazy thing about Apple is that more than 80% of their income is from the sales of iPhones and iPads alone. As long as demand for Apple products remains high, they will remain overpriced. But once the demand for the iPhone and iPad die out, Apple as a company will be in a very, very tight fix. On the other hand, Google makes so little of its money from Android even in regard to its success as it is completely overshadowed by the massive amount of money it still reels in from advertising. And lastly, Microsoft is generally very well-rounded in many markets as is Sony tho 50% of MS's income is still from software alone, particularly the Windows OS. Windows 7 has sold 400 million copies worldwide, finally surpassing Windows XP in sales.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanor2 View Post
    You have to admit, Apple consumers are some of the most ignorant, naive, and least savvy in the history of capitalism.
    So are some of Sony's, Microsoft's, Google's......
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

8. Likes F34R likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian uk View Post
    I agree was extremely excited about the price when it was announced it was low compared to what most thought Sony would do
    I also think in a smart phone most consumers like which one they start with because it's easer to use since they are familiar with it I work in cell phones and this seems to be the case with 90% of the customers I help
    I've personally had the incredible liked it at first I had the Samsung focus windows 7 phone loved it but it was too basic at release I've had every iPhone ever made and it's where my heart is I guess

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im not even going to bother about reading that article...
    The subject about place the apple logo and everything will start selling is old and annoying.

11. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I actually have no reason to mention the Vita price as mines coming from the US so will work out at like 150 anyway (a price I would have paid in the UK)

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    if it had an apple logo i still wouldn't buy it.

The dude abides....

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanor2 View Post
    You have to admit, Apple consumers are some of the most ignorant, naive, and least savvy in the history of capitalism.
    That's just rhetoric and I don't think there's anything that can back that statement up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Believe it or not but products generally tends to fail in a market due to its own shortcomings rather than the brand supporting it. Brand trust is earned by making excellent products. Sony had the strongest brand in tech in the 80's by making the best products. Apple has the strongest brand now by making the best products.

There's no secret to a successful brand this has been proven in business books for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I did not say quality was everything to a successful brand. But if you study the examples you give in this quote - all of them we're good enough and met the job to be done in their markets. We'll have to wait and see if the Vita does the same.

If you try to put your bias against Apple aside you'll notice few of your statements are true or relevant. iPod sound quality is good enough for the mass market. iTunes was good enough for most of its years and now it's being phased out by Apple's online services. The plastic MB's from 06-08 had cracking issues but the aluminum notebooks of today does not. The iPhone has the best battery life of any smartphone.

But not well enough designed.

It's much more simpler than that. Sony has lost what once made it great; disruptive products with the best design. Sony today makes sustaining products not disruptive ones. That's their main issue.

--

I also think most gamers judge the Vita in the wrong market. The Vita will have to compete by being profitable for Sony. Not market share against the DS or the tablet market. The Vita isn't appealing to a mass market which the DS, smartphones and tablets are. Sony's challenge will be selling to hardcore gamers, not the mass market.

Not really true. You can't find a "10 tablet as good as the iPad for cheaper. The iPhone is equally priced as most competing smartphones. Nobody can make an "Ultrabook" for as cheap as the MacBook Air. It used to be Apple products costed more than the competition but nowadays that's not the case.
    Excellent post Tut. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Im not even going to bother about reading that article...
    The subject about place the apple logo and everything will start selling is old and annoying.
    Exactly... +rep

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Well if the Vita had an Apple logo on it we'd see a new one next year called the Vita S with slightly more power so games load 0.89 seconds faster. The year after that we'd see the release of the Vita 2, this time with that second analogue nub that Apple chose to leave out of the Vita so they didn't have to think too far out of the box when adding features for the next iterations.

Oh and you'd need to sell your car and remorgage your house to afford it.
    Last edited by Xelis; 02-06-2012 at 17:22.

16. Likes arfi-gorgona-O, Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Lol. Do all haters get their material from some overused cliche site? Hive mind

18. Likes F34R likes this post
    Super Elite
    Apple mobile electronic are very high quality. I don't think it is appropriate to call their customers "mindless drones" when Apple has indeed earned its prestigious reputation for their products.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I don't know, I can't imagine the Vita with an Apple logo. It lacks Apple's premium design and it's too ergonomic.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Soldier 95B
    Whether or not you put an Apple logo on the Vita or not doesn't change the fact that the quality is not there, as it is with an Apple product (I can't speak for VITA quality in particular). People spend more on Apple products because of the quality of the product. Putting the Apple logo on this new PSP won't improve the quality I am afraid.

So are some of Sony's, Microsoft's, Google's....

True, but their quality is behind that of Apple's.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-06-2012 at 21:30.

Master Guru
    The quality is there but the hardware isn't lol Apple would have charge us with at least 3 times the price that it has now.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Whether or not you put an Apple logo on the Vita or not doesn't change the fact that the quality is not there, as it is with an Apple product (I can't speak for VITA quality in particular). People spend more on Apple products because of the quality of the product. Putting the Apple logo on this new PSP won't improve the quality I am afraid.

True, but their quality is behind that of Apple's.[/COLOR]
    Indeed. The PS Vita is largely lacking in qualitywait What???

24. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Good thing I never said that Inzane. In fact, I specifically stated I DON'T know the quality of the Vita.

Super Elite
    I need to read better, lol. I got confused from the first statement.

Thread Information