Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 137
  1. #51
    Superior Member
    I OU a Beatn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern PA
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Age
    25
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    844 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    He doesn't have to care in order to criticize the actions of Microsoft, they also happen to be his reasons for not owning a console by Microsoft. It's not his job to make the Xbox 360 appeal to him. It's Microsoft's and for him, they obviously haven't done enough.

    There are plenty of people here that criticize Sony for a lot of things - over every little move they make. I don't think I've ever seen you jump down their throats. Why are you being selective? hmm?

    So, why are you bothered by his opinion? You'll probably deny this but your post says otherwise.
    I don't see anyone posting in the PS3 section...WITHOUT A PS3...whining about decisions Sony makes. The only argument he ever makes is that Sony has a lot of exclusives, which is fine, but he acts as if exclusives are the end all when it comes to consoles. He's made numerous comments about Microsoft not catering to the core gamer based SOLELY on exclusives. Never mind the fact the 360 is by far the go to console when it comes to shooters(I'd say they're pretty damn core); never mind the fact that they released one of the best exclusives on any system last year(Gears 3); never mind the fact they're releasing another one of the best exclusives on any system this year(Halo 4); and never mind the fact that the 360 has a seamless online system that has features such as cross game chat. But yes, Microsoft is obviously not concerned with the core gamer anymore.

    For the record, if I saw someone consistently bashing Sony in the PS3 section and I knew they didn't have a PS3...I'd most definitely say something. It's annoying to say the least.

  2. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
  3. #52
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I don't see anyone posting in the PS3 section...WITHOUT A PS3...whining about decisions Sony makes. The only argument he ever makes is that Sony has a lot of exclusives, which is fine, but he acts as if exclusives are the end all when it comes to consoles. He's made numerous comments about Microsoft not catering to the core gamer based SOLELY on exclusives. Never mind the fact the 360 is by far the go to console when it comes to shooters(I'd say they're pretty damn core); never mind the fact that they released one of the best exclusives on any system last year(Gears 3); never mind the fact they're releasing another one of the best exclusives on any system this year(Halo 4); and never mind the fact that the 360 has a seamless online system that has features such as cross game chat. But yes, Microsoft is obviously not concerned with the core gamer anymore.

    For the record, if I saw someone consistently bashing Sony in the PS3 section and I knew they didn't have a PS3...I'd most definitely say something. It's annoying to say the least.
    well said. All this "MS abandoning the core talk" is ridiculous IMO. When I look at what games are available and whats coming, i see core games galore.

  4. #53
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    All subjective. I personally dont care for Borderlands. For exclusives I'm looking forward to Halo 4 on 360 and Starhawk and Twisted Metal on the PS3 (and some Vita games). For 3rd party I'm looking forward to ME3, Bioshock Infinite, and SSX. Everybody has different tastes regarding what games are equal to what games.
    Agreed.
    Twisted Metal is mainly an online game?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  5. #54
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I don't see anyone posting in the PS3 section...WITHOUT A PS3...whining about decisions Sony makes. The only argument he ever makes is that Sony has a lot of exclusives, which is fine, but he acts as if exclusives are the end all when it comes to consoles. He's made numerous comments about Microsoft not catering to the core gamer based SOLELY on exclusives. Never mind the fact the 360 is by far the go to console when it comes to shooters(I'd say they're pretty damn core); never mind the fact that they released one of the best exclusives on any system last year(Gears 3); never mind the fact they're releasing another one of the best exclusives on any system this year(Halo 4); and never mind the fact that the 360 has a seamless online system that has features such as cross game chat. But yes, Microsoft is obviously not concerned with the core gamer anymore.

    For the record, if I saw someone consistently bashing Sony in the PS3 section and I knew they didn't have a PS3...I'd most definitely say something. It's annoying to say the least.
    I don't think you would. You haven't yet...and if a comment is ridiculous, it would still be ridiculous if the person that is saying it has the console in question so I am not sure how [owning the console] is even a valid point to make in response.

    The point I was making is that you seem bothered by his opinion. Your post mentions two games that you value highly, which is YOUR opinion. Ghost isn't jumping on you for it, is he?

    So, again, why are you so bothered by what he says?

    Exclusives represent the actions of the company that owns them. So, why wouldn't someone judge the company backing them, solely by the products they are putting out?

    EDIT

    I almost forgot to ask, why does he need to own the X360 to criticize Microsoft's strategy? which is what doesn't appeal to him and seems to be his reason for not owning one.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-09-2012 at 03:32.

  6. #55
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Agreed. Twisted Metal is mainly an online game?
    It has a single player story that is actually supposed to be a decent length getting into some of the characters stories. But otherwise yeah, the main focus will be online mp. Which is going to be fun imo given the kind of game that it is.

  7. #56
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Twisted Metal has always had a story per character as far as I am aware...right?

  8. #57
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Twisted Metal has always had a story per character as far as I am aware...right?
    Yes, youre right.

  9. #58
    Superior Member
    I OU a Beatn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern PA
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Age
    25
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    844 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    So, again, why are you so bothered by what he says?
    Because it's ridiculous. It's very simple: if Microsoft was abandoning the core as Ghost claims, why did they release Gears 3 last year? Why are they releasing Halo 4 this year? Why did they go so hard after making sure Call of Duty maps were released on 360 first? Why did they put so much effort in ensuring Xbox Live with features like cross game chat and game invites? Why are they releasing a new Alan Wake game in a couple weeks? If the 360 is only for the casual gamer, why is there like 50 core games coming out this year alone?

    As I said, to say "Microsoft isn't focused on the core gamer anymore" is laughably false. If Ghost or anyone wants to say "the 360 isn't releasing as many exclusives as the PS3," then sure, that's accurate. "Microsoft doesn't have any exclusives," "Microsoft doesn't care about the core gamer," and "Microsoft is a glorified 3rd party box," are false and flat out ridiculous.

  10. #59
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    So, Microsoft had core covered by release Gears of War 3? If Ghost doesn't see it that way (for whatever reason), it's a problem? I don't see why it is. I don't see how what he says AFFECTS you in any way.

    This isn't what I was trying to argue so I am going to stop here. They probably had more than Gears 3 last year..

    He does not need to own the console to criticize Microsoft's strategy....don't forget...

    As I said, to say "Microsoft isn't focused on the core gamer anymore" is laughably false. If Ghost or anyone wants to say "the 360 isn't releasing as many exclusives as the PS3," then sure, that's accurate. "Microsoft doesn't have any exclusives," "Microsoft doesn't care about the core gamer," and "Microsoft is a glorified 3rd party box," are false and flat out ridiculous.

    Would it still be ridiculous if had the console?

  11. #60
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It has a single player story that is actually supposed to be a decent length getting into some of the characters stories. But otherwise yeah, the main focus will be online mp. Which is going to be fun imo given the kind of game that it is.

    Oh thats good to know, I thought it was going to be soley online.

    I am so jealous of Starhawk though, it looks like its going to be the nearest thing to Battlefront this generation.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-09-2012 at 04:24.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  12. #61
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh thats good to know, I thought it was going to be soley online. I am so jealous of Starhawk though, it looks like its going to be the nearest thing to Battlefront this generation.
    Yeah, it does remind me of Battlefront come to think of it.

  13. #62
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's hard to believe but would love to hear what $#@! you like.
    I already explained in the four lines above what you bolded. I think Kinect is awesome outside the context of games. It's all minority reportish in the way it lets you navigate menus and search for stuff by voice. I love it, and loved this aspect of what they showed at E3, especially the voice search when they asked for a movie (I think it was Harry Potter) and it brought up all the movies, then the guy said which movie he wanted and it started playing. Also, MS is going all out to make the 360 an "on demand" media box which also appeals to me, but not when I have to pay for gold just to have access to subscription services.

    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I just want to point out somethign to you.

    This is the dozen game scoming fo rthe PS3 this year:

    Starhawk
    Twisted Metal
    Jack & Daxter Collections
    Tales of Graces F
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Hyperdimention Neptunia MKII
    Yakuza: Dead Souls
    Ni no Kuni
    Sorcery
    ???Dust 514
    ???The Last Guardian
    ???The Last of Us
    ???Agent

    I ripped this of someone elses list, not mine.

    Anyway, I see

    1/ A lot of quesiton marks -so lets get rid of for the time being...

    Starhawk
    Twisted Metal
    Jack & Daxter Collections
    Tales of Graces F
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Hyperdimention Neptunia MKII
    Yakuza: Dead Souls
    Ni no Kuni
    Sorcery


    Now lets get rid of the HD remakes, because frankly nobody counts the exsisitng 360 HD remakes, just because they run nativley upscaled, so I'm not sure why somehitng the 360 can do emulated for free, should be counted in anyway shape or form as a title.


    Starhawk
    Twisted Metal
    Tales of Graces F
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Hyperdimention Neptunia MKII
    Yakuza: Dead Souls
    Ni no Kuni
    Sorcery


    The thing that stirkes me about that list, outside of the JP influence, I can think of 7 other titles that I'd buy before I was even remotley intrested in all these titles except Starhawk, I fully jealous of that title. Perhpas Twisted metal.

    In all honesty, if you dont choose Bioshock, Mass Effect, Ghost Recon, Aliens, Borderlands, Tomb Raider, Darksiders over that lot of titles, then good luck to you.
    But if your going to say your getting all them plus the sony exlcusives, then more power to you, you have a lot more money than me.
    I don't have to choose any titles over any others. I have 31 titles on my 2012 to get list, all the games bar Darksiders and Ghost Recon are on it (I will pick up those 2 in 2013 probably). Of the 31, 11 are PS3 only. If I bought retail, this would be financial suicide, but I can get games around 30-50% cheaper by importing from the UK so I shop smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Thats the thing, exclusives should not get a free ride simply because they are exclusive, they need to be out there competiting with what 3rd party devs are doing. This year only Halo 4 and Starhawk are games (confirmed) that I see as being on that same playing field as the titles mentioned above.
    I mean, I'm going to be ripping Borderlands 2 a new one when I get that game.
    I don't agree, they need to be offering the consumer more variety, and more to the point (imho) rewarding the consumer for choosing that companies product over the other by offering a product that you can only play when you bought their console. People can downplay the importance of exclusives all they want, but they are what distinguishes a console and gives it it's character and as a consumer this is important, TO ME.

    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Because it's ridiculous. It's very simple: if Microsoft was abandoning the core as Ghost claims, why did they release Gears 3 last year? Why are they releasing Halo 4 this year? Why did they go so hard after making sure Call of Duty maps were released on 360 first? Why did they put so much effort in ensuring Xbox Live with features like cross game chat and game invites? Why are they releasing a new Alan Wake game in a couple weeks? If the 360 is only for the casual gamer, why is there like 50 core games coming out this year alone?

    As I said, to say "Microsoft isn't focused on the core gamer anymore" is laughably false. If Ghost or anyone wants to say "the 360 isn't releasing as many exclusives as the PS3," then sure, that's accurate. "Microsoft doesn't have any exclusives," "Microsoft doesn't care about the core gamer," and "Microsoft is a glorified 3rd party box," are false and flat out ridiculous.
    When I say they are abandoning the core, of course I don't mean to imply that there are no core games on the 360. As you said, that is ridiculous. However, it is clear to most here that there has been a dramatic shift in focus for the company from the hardcore gamers to the casuals. In the early years MS were pumping out core exclusives, but over the 3 years this has changed. Their main focus has become Kinect, which was never designed with the core in mind and yet has become MS's driving marketing point. They are going for families, and according to that article on Kinect, female casual gamers. Yes there is Halo 4 this year, and Gears, Forza and Halo last year, but when you look at the over all picture, it is not a priority for MS to produce and release the type of games that gamers like us on this forum want to play.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-09-2012 at 05:15.

  14. #63
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I already explained in the four lines above what you bolded. I think Kinect is awesome outside the context of games. It's all minority reportish in the way it lets you navigate menus and search for stuff by voice. I love it, and loved this aspect of what they showed at E3, especially the voice search when they asked for a movie (I think it was Harry Potter) and it brought up all the movies, then the guy said which movie he wanted and it started playing. Also, MS is going all out to make the 360 an "on demand" media box which also appeals to me, but not when I have to pay for gold just to have access to subscription services.



    I don't have to choose any titles over any others. I have 31 titles on my 2012 to get list, all the games bar Darksiders and Ghost Recon are on it (I will pick up those 2 in 2013 probably). Of the 31, 11 are PS3 only. If I bought retail, this would be financial suicide, but I can get games around 30-50% cheaper by importing from the UK so I shop smart.
    Well, yousa gonna be broke


    I don't agree, they need to be offering the consumer more variety, and more to the point (imho) rewarding the consumer for choosing that companies product over the other by offering a product that you can only play when you bought their console. People can downplay the importance of exclusives all they want, but they are what distinguishes a console and gives it it's character and as a consumer this is important, TO ME.
    They are very important at the beginning of a generation, they have to support the console, move initials sales, and set the bar in terms of what the console if capable.
    I'd agree with you, especially in the light of games like Heavy Rain and LBP2.
    But I cannot fathom where on earth repeated and attempts at emulating Halo or COD style gameplay comes from with Sony.
    They went from no FPS franchises last gen, to waaay to many this gen.


    When I say they are abandoning the core, of course I don't mean to imply that there are no core games on the 360. As you said, that is ridiculous. However, it is clear to most here that there has been a dramatic shift in focus for the company from the hardcore gamers to the casuals. In the early years MS were pumping out core exclusives, but over the 3 years this has changed. Their main focus has become Kinect, which was never designed with the core in mind and yet has become MS's driving marketing point. They are going for families, and according to that article on Kinect, female casual gamers. Yes there is Halo 4 this year, and Gears, Forza and Halo last year, but when you look at the over all picture, it is not a priority for MS to produce and release the type of games that gamers like us on this forum want to play.
    As I have repeatedly said, they ar efollowing a very smart formula.
    Do you honestly expect them to launch the next console with casual?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  15. #64
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS3 may have alot of FPS but it has alot of exclusives covering a wide range of other genres as well. If it has "way too many" FPS then one could definitely say the same about the 360. In fact even more so.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2012 at 05:45.

  16. #65
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well, yousa gonna be broke
    It's ok, I'm going to start selling mah body to make gaming ends meet.

    They are very important at the beginning of a generation, they have to support the console, move initials sales, and set the bar in terms of what the console if capable.
    I'd agree with you, especially in the light of games like Heavy Rain and LBP2.
    But I cannot fathom where on earth repeated and attempts at emulating Halo or COD style gameplay comes from with Sony.
    They went from no FPS franchises last gen, to waaay to many this gen.
    Well, you see, for me, they are more important throughout the life cycle of a console, not just at the start. That makes no sense to me as a consumer. Especially in the end part of a gen, where games REALLY start to shine, is where I want to see the most content. Now is the time where people have experience, they have their engines optimised and everything is more stable leaving more time for people to focus on content. The Last of Us is a prime example of this point.

    As I have repeatedly said, they ar efollowing a very smart formula.
    Do you honestly expect them to launch the next console with casual?
    The formula is smart for their wallet but not respectful to gamers IMHO. They should be supporting their console and their customers with characterising content throughout the life cycle of the console.

    All these points I'm making are just my point of view as a consumer and what I expect from a company in order for them to earn me as a consumer. People needn't get bent out of shape over it.

  17. #66
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It's ok, I'm going to start selling mah body to make gaming ends meet. Well, you see, for me, they are more important throughout the life cycle of a console, not just at the start. That makes no sense to me as a consumer. Especially in the end part of a gen, where games REALLY start to shine, is where I want to see the most content. Now is the time where people have experience, they have their engines optimised and everything is more stable leaving more time for people to focus on content. The Last of Us is a prime example of this point. The formula is smart for their wallet but not respectful to gamers IMHO. They should be supporting their console and their customers with characterising content throughout the life cycle of the console. All these points I'm making are just my point of view as a consumer and what I expect from a company in order for them to earn me as a consumer. People needn't get bent out of shape over it.
    +rep

  18. #67
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I already explained in the four lines above what you bolded. I think Kinect is awesome outside the context of games. It's all minority reportish in the way it lets you navigate menus and search for stuff by voice. I love it, and loved this aspect of what they showed at E3, especially the voice search when they asked for a movie (I think it was Harry Potter) and it brought up all the movies, then the guy said which movie he wanted and it started playing. Also, MS is going all out to make the 360 an "on demand" media box which also appeals to me, but not when I have to pay for gold just to have access to subscription services.
    If paying for xbox live is your only problem then that's a small one. You can always get it cheaper because they are always offering deals. I've never paid full price for it. I used to say "I will never pay for that $#@!" but now I can't see being without it because IMO its well worth the price. $#@!, you can just pay once and still have a years worth and it would still be better than cable IMO. Would I like it to be free? Hell yes, who wouldn't. When you look at how much cable TV charges its a good deal. $#@!, I don't like sony's playstation controllers and other things but I sure as hell didn't let that stop me from experiencing what the console had to offer. Both MS and sony have things that set them apart from each other. Sony has their first party games and MS has Xbox live. To each his own i guess.

  19. #68
    Master Guru
    higgos22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,612
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    11,184 (0 Banked)
    Nooooo.... Cus i bought like 3 games on PS3 and none on Xbox? haha but yeh you dont hear a whole lot about that kinda stuff here where I live they seem to be marketed about the same, except on tv microsoft takes the cake there or wii even more
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

    "What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

  20. #69
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    PS3 may have alot of FPS but it has alot of exclusives covering a wide range of other genres as well. If it has "way too many" FPS then one could definitely say the same about the 360. In fact even more so.
    I was unaware MS has released any FPS's this gen other than 3 Halo titles?
    Sony has release 6 just of the top of my head, over 3 fanchises.

    What other FPS's has MS made this gen? I must be missing something.

    I'm pretty sure most poeple would sacrafice a couple of those FPS's for more GT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It's ok, I'm going to start selling mah body to make gaming ends meet.



    Well, you see, for me, they are more important throughout the life cycle of a console, not just at the start. That makes no sense to me as a consumer. Especially in the end part of a gen, where games REALLY start to shine, is where I want to see the most content. Now is the time where people have experience, they have their engines optimised and everything is more stable leaving more time for people to focus on content. The Last of Us is a prime example of this point.
    I'm personally glad, when I bought my Xbox360, I could pick up the first Gears game a month later. I also got Viva Piniata, and Kameo and PGR 3.
    They all rocked, and still rock today.

    They are still in my library (except PGR3, when it got nicked I replaced it with PGR4). I've had 5 years of fun out of those games. As have my kids (all 3 of them at various stages).

    I dont want to wait till the end of the generation, or even 4 years after I get a console for it to finally start getting a decent number of releases. Or even start targeting the casual market in terms of games for kids.

    I've had my 360 for 5 1/2 years.
    There is still titles I need to play (crackdown), but there is such a rich back catlog at this point in time. I could care less about "exclusives for this year".

    $#@! I still have to buy Forza 4.
    The formula is smart for their wallet but not respectful to gamers IMHO. They should be supporting their console and their customers with characterising content throughout the life cycle of the console.

    All these points I'm making are just my point of view as a consumer and what I expect from a company in order for them to earn me as a consumer. People needn't get bent out of shape over it.
    Oh I'm not getting bent out of shape, but everyone has a limited wallet at some point.
    Most of us dont buy a lot of games each year, and we have to be a bit more judicious.

    There are few games that go straight to the top of my "I'm getting it when it comes out list"
    Halo 4 is one of them, so as Mass Effect 3.
    Most are up there, but I'm waiting on reviews.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-09-2012 at 09:05.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  21. #70
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh ok, mynd so now we are not including multiplatform games anymore? Only when it suits your argument. Well then yeah not that many exclusive FPS on the 360. But like I said the PS3 exclusives that have come out this gen has covered a fairly diverse amount of other genres as well. As for the FPS I say keep them coming. You use multiplatform games to prove that 360 has lots of core games but when I say it also has "too many FPS" then suddenly you start only counting exclusives. You cant have it both ways.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2012 at 15:48.

  22. #71
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    All these points I'm making are just my point of view as a consumer and what I expect from a company in order for them to earn me as a consumer. People needn't get bent out of shape over it.

    Yes. They shouldn't...

    You use multiplatform games to prove that 360 has lots of core games but when I say it also has "too many FPS" then suddenly you start only counting exclusives. You cant have it both ways
    haha...
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-09-2012 at 16:14.

  23. #72
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh ok, mynd so now we are not including multiplatform games anymore?
    Well by definaition mulitplatform games would count on both wouldnt they?
    Only when it suits your argument.
    Err, isnt it that we are talking about?
    Well then yeah not that many exclusive FPS on the 360. But like I said the PS3 exclusives that have come out this gen has covered a fairly diverse amount of other genres as well. As for the FPS I say keep them coming. You use multiplatform games to prove that 360 has lots of core games but when I say it also has "too many FPS" then suddenly you start only counting exclusives. You cant have it both ways.
    We were talking about exlcusives, thats why. In general the whole industry has too many FPS's I agree.
    Also a good reason not to be makin more of them yourself wouldnt you say?

    You cant defend Sonys focus on FPS's by saying, "well there are to many anyway".
    $#@! "eveybodys doing it" isnt an excuse.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-09-2012 at 19:20.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  24. #73
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well by definaition mulitplatform games would count on both wouldnt they? Err, isnt it that we are talking about? We were talking about exlcusives, thats why. In general the whole industry has too many FPS's I agree. Also a good reason not to be makin more of them yourself wouldnt you say? You cant defend Sonys focus on FPS's by saying, "well there are to many anyway". $#@! "eveybodys doing it" isnt an excuse.
    Lol I'm not making excuses for anybody. I'm glad PS3 has lots of FPS. And like I said before Sony exclusives still cover a diverse amount of genres so theres plenty other types of exclusives to play. And yes, multiplatform games count so you could say 360 is saturated with FPS as well. Which was my point. And its why I never said 360 has no core games. If 360 had more core first party games it guaranteed they would be mostly FPS. But 360 doesnt have enough core first party games this gen to fairly compare numbers of 360 exclusive FPS to PS3 exclusive FPS.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2012 at 19:50.

  25. #74
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Lol I'm not making excuses for anybody. I'm glad PS3 has lots of FPS. And like I said before Sony exclusives still cover a diverse amount of genres so theres plenty other types of exclusives to play. And yes, multiplatform games count so you could say 360 is saturated with FPS as well. Which was my point. And its why I never said 360 has no core games. If 360 had more core first party games it guaranteed they would be mostly FPS. But 360 doesnt have enough core first party games this gen to fairly compare numbers of 360 exclusive FPS to PS3 exclusive FPS.
    Sony only just passed MS last year in number of exclusives, so yes I think you can safley say you can compare the numbers.
    Its not like MS has half the number of exclusives that Sony does.

    Of course Im excluding Kinect games and Arcaade, if you count those then Sony are left in the dust.

    I dont begrudge anyone who suggests that MS has changed the make up of the exlcusives they deliver, they most certianly have, but I defy anyone who suggests Sony has more varity in generes, thats simply untrue.

    If you took the total overall set up mix out of 10, I would say MS has gone from:

    Core: 7
    XBLA: 2
    Casual: 1


    To

    Core: 3
    XBLA: 3
    Casual: 4

    Sonys mix I dont think hast changed at all in this time.
    Although they have signaled they are now going to chase the casual crowd, Ive seen little evidence of it.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  26. #75
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, well I guess I'm talking more about the last couple of years in which MS has definitely been weak on the core exclusive front. And you cant deny that MS has changed its focus to the casual with Kinect. I'm not saying the core has been abandoned but they are definitely on the back burner from a first party standpoint. And you cant deny that 360 is also saturated with FPS. I guess you could but you would be wrong. And again being a big fan of FPS games this is a good thing for me. And if PS3 gives me more of them to choose from than the 360 then thats also great. And you've seen little evidence that MS is chasing the casual then you have blinders on because the industry has sure acknowledged it. Also Sony has introduced more core ips then MS has this gen. You say Sony mix hasnt changed at all (which is bs)but what has MS done for ips? Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears. Rinse and repeat. Yawn.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2012 at 20:56.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.