Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah, well I guess I'm talking more about the last couple of years in which MS has definitely been weak on the core exclusive front. And you cant deny that MS has changed its focus to the casual with Kinect. I'm not saying the core has been abandoned but they are definitely on the back burner from a first party standpoint. And you cant deny that 360 is also saturated with FPS. I guess you could but you would be wrong.
    The whole industry is saturated by FPS's. I just dont see why a company would want to add to that when they could be giving you something different, after all, I'm told thats what exlcusives are supposed to offer. And from a fiscal point of view, you're never going to compete with COD/Halo type of game.

MS holding the the exclusives off till the laucnh of the next gen.
    It's been practicaly confimed that PGR5 is being made, and is bening built as a launch title for the next Xbox.

I would rather be talking to you in 18 months time about the awesome launch line up of 720 games, than the lack of PS4 games, which is what happened this gen. Although I think SOny are smart enough now not to go down that path.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The whole industry is saturated by FPS's. I just dont see why a company would want to add to that when they could be giving you something different, after all, I'm told thats what exlcusives are supposed to offer. And from a fiscal point of view, you're never going to compete with COD/Halo type of game. MS holding the the exclusives off till the laucnh of the next gen. It's been practicaly confimed that PGR5 is being made, and is bening built as a launch title for the next Xbox. I would rather be talking to you in 18 months time about the awesome launch line up of 720 games, than the lack of PS4 games, which is what happened this gen. Although I think SOny are smart enough now not to go down that path.
    But Sony has been giving us different genres as well. Plenty of other genres that are exclusive. I've yet to see anything on 360 that even touches Uncharted in that genre for example. Its just Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears, rinse and repeat. And I had no lack of games to play on PS3 early this gen. Loved Resistance, Motorstorm and HS for example. So I'm not sure what youre talking about there. Plus there were multiplats right? Or did those not count until now when its convienent to your argument?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2012 at 21:05.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    LMAO

4. Likes mynd likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    But Sony has been giving us different genres as well. Plenty of other genres that are exclusive. I've yet to see anything on 360 that even touches Uncharted in that genre for example. Its just Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears, rinse and repeat. And I had no lack of games to play on PS3 early this gen. Loved Resistance, Motorstorm and HS for example. So I'm not sure what youre talking about there. Plus there were multiplats right? Or did those not count until now when its convienent to your argument?
    Wait, so you goin to give MS $#@! for release Halo, Forza and Gears in the past 12 months, but Sony are allowed to release nothign but sequals as well?

How does Halo Reach, Fable 3, Gears 3, Forza 4 not be compared to Kilzone 3, Motorstorm 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3..

Neither of them delivered anything but sequals in the past 18 months.

Not sure why MS is the only one apprently in trouble.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-09-2012 at 22:38.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wait, so you goin to give MS $#@! for release Halo, Forza and Gears in the past 12 months, but Sony are allowed to release nothign but sequals as well? How does Halo Reach, Fable 3, Gears 3, Forza 4 not be compared to Kilzone 3, Motorstorm 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3.. Neither of them delivered anything but sequals in the past 18 months. Not sure why MS is the only one apprently in trouble.
    Never said they were in trouble. Just that I haven't seen as many new core ips from MS as I have from Sony.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Never said they were in trouble. Just that I haven't seen as many new core ips from MS as I have from Sony.
    I havent seen any new core IP's from either in years.
    I think The Last of US is probably the first from either for a very long time.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Just out of curiosity, which core ips are new for each system?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I havent seen any new core IP's from either in years. I think The Last of US is probably the first from either for a very long time.
    Uncharted, Infamous, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain and Starhawk are new this generation for example. I already said more than once that I'm talking about new ips brought this gen not just recently. Although we do have The Last of Us coming. But MS has brought Gears and Alan Wake so far for new core ips this gen.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2012 at 00:18.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Uncharted, Infamous, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain and Starhawk are new this generation for example. I already said more than once that I'm talking about new ips brought this gen not just recently. MS has brought Gears and Alan Wake so far for new core ips this gen.
    MS bought us:

Mass Effect
    Viva Pinata
    Crackdown
    Lost Odeysey
    Blue Dragon
    Kameo
    Lips

They had some strong IP from last gen, some of it they bought back.
    Sony clearly has less faith in their IP from the PS2 era.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    MS bought us: Mass Effect Viva Pinata Crackdown Lost Odeysey Blue Dragon Kameo Lips They had some strong IP from last gen, some of it they bought back. Sony clearly has less faith in their IP from the PS2 era.
    Mass Effect ip is multiplatform now. Those others with the exception of maybe Crackdown are pretty sad and pretty much bombed. And talking about less faith in ips from last gen just take a look at all the old ips MS is sitting on and where are they all? MS clearly has no faith in their IPs from the Xbox era. And Sony did bring back IPs from their PS2 days. What do you think Twisted Metal, GOW, Killzone, etc. are?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2012 at 01:36.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    Do you guys even remember what you were originally arguing about?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Mass Effect ip is multiplatform now. Those others with the exception of maybe Crackdown are pretty sad and pretty much bombed. And talking about less faith in ips from last gen just take a look at all the old ips MS is sitting on and where are they all? MS clearly has no faith in their IPs from the Xbox era. And Sony did bring back IPs from their PS2 days. What do you think Twisted Metal, GOW, Killzone, etc. are?
    I said Sony had less faith, not that they didnt have any faith
    And yes MS is sitting on a goldmine, and they are stupid for not bringing someo of them back.
    But I thought you were arguning for less old IP more new IP?

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Do you guys even remember what you were originally arguing about?
    The fun is in the journey, not the destination.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Sony does have a lot of exclusives but many of them are not system sellers and have not sold well. Resistance 3 didnt have many sales im not sure about infamous 2 but a lot of Sonys exclusives dont sell that well ive noticed maybe im wrong. Dont get me wrong they sell after a while but they dont get the first few weeks sales that the halos CODs forzas or elder scrolls games get is what im saying. This gen isnt about exclusives anymore that was in the beginning but this late not so much.

The main reason y the ps3 exclusives dont get the first weeks sales is imo more than half of the user base on ps3 dont use it to play games as much as watch movies and if they do play games its call of duty MW3. Sony did a horrible job with marketing this system

Forum Sage
    They are also bringing back the Sly series, which is from the PS2 era. We've also had Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4 (before someone says anything, the new status of the IP didn't stop mynd from mentioning Mass Effect.)

@jannlee - Just because every IP that Sony releases does not do COD numbers etc, does not mean the IP was a failure. In 2011, they started the year out with LB2, KZ3, inFamous 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse and ended the year with Resistance 3, Socom 4, and Uncharted 3.

That's quite a lot by one publisher. You really think that they didn't make money from those games all together? that they are not profiting from them over the long run?
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-10-2012 at 02:32.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    They are also bringing back the Sly series, which is from the PS2 era. We've also had Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4 (before someone says anything, the new status of the IP didn't stop mynd from mentioning Mass Effect.)
    Huh?
    Sony didnt fund and publish Metal Gear Solid 4, nor was it a new IP.

MS funded and published Mass Effect.
    @jannlee - Just because every IP that Sony releases does not do COD numbers etc, does not mean the IP was a failure. In 2011, they started the year out with LB2, KZ3, inFamous 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse and ended the year with Resistance 3, Socom 4, and Uncharted 3.

That's quite a lot by one publisher. You really think that they didn't make money from those games all together? that they are not profiting from them over the long run?
    well we know MS:A didnt make any money. I would suspect any that did similar numbers probably didnt either.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-10-2012 at 02:46.

Forum Sage
    Why do you think it remained exclusive? If that money didn't go towards the game staying on the PS3. What made it stay exclusive?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Why do you think it remained exclusive? If that money didn't go towards the game staying on the PS3. What made it stay exclusive?
    Kojima?
    Hell how many japanese games stay exclusive to the PS3? A lot. Considering how much he has had to expand the studio when he announced Rising as going mulitplatform, I suspect they wouldnt have had the resources to make it multiplatform at the time either.

Are you suggesting Sony paid for it to be exclusive, even though they have previoulsy denied that?

Forum Sage
    I didn't exactly make a statement there. The statement followed up with two questions, which should indicate that I don't know the real reason it stayed exclusive but there is a chance that it stayed exclusive because it was funded by Sony somehow. Anyhow, we're both just guessing then...

Secondly, I can still find MotorStorm: Apocalypse on store shelves. So that means, it's still selling and people can still buy it.

EDIT

How did I miss this. Where did I say any of the titles that I listed in that post were new IP's? You stated that Sony doesn't have a lot of faith in their older IP's to bring them back.

You sure love jumping around the points you bring up....
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-10-2012 at 03:03.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I didn't exactly make a statement there. The statement followed up with two questions, which should indicate that I don't know the real reason it stayed exclusive but there is a chance that it stayed exclusive because it was funded by Sony somehow. Anyhow, we're both just guessing then...

Secondly, I can still find MotorStorm: Apocalypse on store shelves. So that means, it's still selling and people can still buy it.

EDIT

How did I miss this. Where did I say any of the titles that I listed in that post were new IP's? You stated that Sony doesn't have a lot of faith in their older IP's to bring them back.

You sure love jumping around the points you bring up....
    I assumed you were talking about it because you said "the new status of the IP didn't stop mynd from mentioning Mass Effect", hence I concluded you were mentioning Mass Effect and MGS4 as new Ip's. My bad if I misinterpretted what you said. I'm still unsure how Mass Effect got a mention in a point about returning series

As for MGS4, Sony had already stated that they didnt pay for it, so no, its not guessing.

Still being able to buy a product is cold comfort to a company if it goes under.
    I can still buy LA Noire. Didnt stop em from folding.,.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    Still hasn't sold even 300,000 copies worldwide.

Forum Sage
    I assumed you were talking about it because you said "the new status of the IP didn't stop mynd from mentioning Mass Effect", hence I concluded you were mentioning Mass Effect and MGS4 as new Ip's. My bad if I misinterpretted what you said. I'm still unsure how Mass Effect got a mention in a point about returning series

As for MGS4, Sony had already stated that they didnt pay for it, so no, its not guessing.

Still being able to buy a product is cold comfort to a company if it goes under.
    I can still buy LA Noire. Didnt stop em from folding.,.
    You included Mass Effect in your new IP list when the IP's status now is multi-platform. I included MGS4 in my old IP list, when the IP's status now is multi-platform. You disagree about it being funded by Sony in anyway....so don't count MGS4, Sony still brought back IP's from the PS2 era. That point stands...

@I OU a Beatn - And your point being? The game is still on store shelves. Sony is still printing the title.

@mynd - Yeah, it doesn't stop a company from folding but why you are ignoring the part where I said all those IP's that Sony released altogether made them money. Not every IP is going to be a gold mine. I am not ignorant to that....

Ah...congrats....you steered me off of the point I was trying to make to begin with in that original post and got me started on a different argument....
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-10-2012 at 04:20.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I said Sony had less faith, not that they didnt have any faith And yes MS is sitting on a goldmine, and they are stupid for not bringing someo of them back. But I thought you were arguning for less old IP more new IP?
    That was until you started bringing up old IPs saying Sony has less faith in their PS2 era IPs. Like Sainraja said you do jump around alot. I was merely responding.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2012 at 04:42.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    You included Mass Effect in your new IP list when the IP's status now is multi-platform.
    The list was about new IP bought to the market by MS and Sony.
    MS brought Mass effect to the market. They funded it, they published it. Its irrelevant what subsequant iteraitons did. The games was introduced by MS.
    I included MGS4 in my old IP list, when the IP's status now is multi-platform. You disagree about it being funded by Sony in anyway....so don't count MGS4, Sony still brought back IP's from the PS2 era. That point stands...
    Oh I see what your trying to say, well err that boat sailed the day MGS2 was released on the original Xbox. But again, its not funded, or published by Sony.

@I OU a Beatn - And your point being? The game is still on store shelves. Sony is still printing the title.

@mynd - Yeah, it doesn't stop a company from folding but why you are ignoring the part where I said all those IP's that Sony released altogether made them money. Not every IP is going to be a gold mine. I am not ignorant to that....

Ah...congrats....you steered me off of the point I was trying to make to begin with in that original post and got me started on a different argument....

Thread Information