Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    The fact ? Really ? Fact is Sony still had ps2 out on the market and games sold well on that for a couple of years in the ps3´s life. They had no need rushing in with old ip´s...
    Ms had poor sales with the original xbox (compared to ps2) so they had to choose another strategy.
    Ps3 was a perfect platform for sony to use with new ip´s. It has nothing to do with having "less" faith.
    If your still choosing one over the other you have some sort investment in to one more than the other, do you not?
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If your still choosing one over the other you have some sort investment in to one more than the other, do you not?
    What ?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    What ?
    If you have a choice, and you pick 1 vs the other.
    Left vs right, up vs down etc, then you are putting faith in that over the other option.

It doesnt matter the reasons you do it (in this case you are saying Sony didnt need to -as well they may not have needed, I can certianaly see how GOW 3 fits in that category seeing as GOW 2 hadnt launched before the PS3), somewhere along the line Sony went "that new one" vs "that old one" and chose the former.
    They did that time and time again without fail.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-13-2012 at 01:51.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Forum Sage
    I don't think Sony showed less faith in older IP's by spreading them out through the generation.

I went and did a little more research on the titles Sony released during the first 'few' years. You're being very selective here. Sony released four games in 2007 (Ratchet, Genji, SingStar and Warhawk. 2007 was only the second year for the PS3. You have to realize that Sony releases the PS3 towards the end of 2006.

In 2008, we got Killzone and Socom. Two more titles from last gen.

We had four in 2007, the second year and two in 2008, the third year.

Just because they didn't release the games you would have, does not show that they had less faith.

What did Microsoft have in comparison?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I don't think Sony showed less faith in older IP's by spreading them out through the generation.

I went and did a little more research on the titles Sony released during the first 'few' years. You're being very selective here.
    I was, I said I was. Not denying that at all.
    Sony released four games in 2007 (Ratchet, Genji, SingStar and Warhawk. 2007 was only the second year for the PS3. You have to realize that Sony releases the PS3 towards the end of 2006.
    Did I not qualify myself by saying we were talking about the 5 top sellers?
    In 2008, we got Killzone and Socom. Two more titles from last gen.
    2009 we got Killzone, I've alreayd mentioned Socom (cough aweful)
    We had four in 2007, the second year and two in 2008, the third year.

Just because they didn't release the games you would have, does not show that they had less faith.
    Than what MS did?
    What did Microsoft have in comparison?
    They launched with PGR, they followed that up with Halo and another PGR, and then Fable in the third year of release.

MS didnt have a whole hell of a lot to play with, but boy they backed them and they backed them hard.
    They only had 3 sellers that sold over a million units, but they went full throttle.

What MS did would be the equivlant of Sony:

06 Launching with Ratchett and Clank
    07 Uncharted <-This actually happened..
    08 R&C + Gran Turismo 5
    09 Jak and Dax + Uncharted 2

<looks> daym that would have been awesome. Especially given Kilzone 2 would have launched in early 09 as well.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-13-2012 at 03:18.

Super Elite
    Microsoft may have won in Australia. But Sony won in Space Australia, and that is what really matters in the end.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Master Guru
    Maybe most people in Australia already had a PS3 so now they're buying 360's? Just a thought.

Either way, congrats Microsoft.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If you have a choice, and you pick 1 vs the other.
    Left vs right, up vs down etc, then you are putting faith in that over the other option.

It doesnt matter the reasons you do it (in this case you are saying Sony didnt need to -as well they may not have needed, I can certianaly see how GOW 3 fits in that category seeing as GOW 2 hadnt launched before the PS3), somewhere along the line Sony went "that new one" vs "that old one" and chose the former.
    They did that time and time again without fail.
    Your opinion (not fact) about the definiton of putting more or less faith in a product is the opposite of mine.
    According to you "more" faith is to milk a game, movie or car model by make an updated version of it as fast as possible and realease it while it still is "hot".
    My opinion about having more faith is to believe in your product so you actually can realease a new version of it 5, 10 or even 30 years later. Examples of this is movies like Star Wars and Rambo, the retro designs of classic cars from GM (Camaro), Chrysler (Challenger), Ford (Mustang), Volkswagen (Beetle, Scirocco) etc. That, to me show faith.
    So, there is no "fact" here, just opinions. And I doubt it´s about faith, more like business strategy.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Your opinion (not fact) about the definiton of putting more or less faith in a product is the opposite of mine.
    According to you "more" faith is to milk a game, movie or car model by make an updated version of it as fast as possible and realease it while it still is "hot".
    My opinion about having more faith is to believe in your product so you actually can realease a new version of it 5, 10 or even 30 years later. Examples of this is movies like Star Wars and Rambo, the retro designs of classic cars from GM (Camaro), Chrysler (Challenger), Ford (Mustang), Volkswagen (Beetle, Scirocco) etc. That, to me show faith.
    So, there is no "fact" here, just opinions. And I doubt it´s about faith, more like business strategy.
    Clearly faith is loaded word for you guys, there is little point in carrying on this discussion, especially given it was a throw away comment regarding the comparisim of the 2 companies stratergies.
    Leave it be. It has nothign to do with the faith Sony has in its IPs.

Forum Sage
    It's not that...it's just I don't see how Sony could have done better than they did the first two years. I don't see it, specially when you're being selective in the games you pick, the time frame you choose, etc.

Some of the games they released, the ones that didn't fare well in the market, they probably couldn't have predicted their market reception and if they had, released them anyway to make whatever money they could.

There is no point in continuing the discussion though, so I agree with you there.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-13-2012 at 14:51.

11. Likes JVH wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    All I can say to this article is kiss my balls
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Soldier 95B
    Are they shaved?

Thread Information