Veteran

Ranger poser check...

Since Sub-Stance1 is ignoring my PM, I guess I will just create a thread like he told me to do.

SOCNET, a forum for spec ops run by current/former spec ops, verifies whether or not someone is a Ranger etc through official channels. I have my own suspicions and only need his username on that forum to verify his Ranger status.

So, Sub-Stance1, what's your username bro? Like those Rangers said on SOCNET, any Ranger would be more than happy to verify their status on SOCNET, why won't you?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-10-2012 at 03:55.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    He ignores your PMs, on something he doesnt HAVE to tell you, so you make a stupid thread asking him? He doesnt have to "verify his ranger status" if he doesnt want too, harassing him to tell you wont make him want to tell you. o.O

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    He ignores your PMs, on something he doesnt HAVE to tell you, so you make a stupid thread asking him? He doesnt have to "verify his ranger status" if he doesnt want too, harassing him to tell you wont make him want to tell you. o.O
    Then, don't go around talking about how your a Ranger if you aren't willing to prove you ARE a Ranger. Simple as that.

Ultimate Veteran
    To be honest, I don't think you're allowed to call out certain members like this for whatever reason on the forums. You either settle it via exchanging PMs or ignore it and move onto something else.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-10-2012 at 03:48.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    although i agree with the principle of this thread, Blacksite is right. Prob best to end this thread before the mods end it for you. This has infraction written all over it.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    To be honest, I don't think you're allowed to call out certain members like this for whatever reason on the forums. You either it settle it via exchanging PMs or ignore it and move onto something else.
    Well, I am just doing what HE told me to do, he said make a thread, wasn't aware I was breaking rules.

Anyway, I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask for proof when someone is representing themselves to be a member of a spec ops unit or even the military for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    although i agree with the principle of this thread, Blacksite is right. Prob best to end this thread before the mods end it for you. This has infraction written all over it.
    Doesn't look like I can, if I am breaking the rules I would be happy to remove it, but I don't see anyway to do so.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-10-2012 at 03:54.

Master Guru
    Hah woow

Tango down tango down

sent via Tapatalk

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    ^ holy $#@! dude, long time no post

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i'm a navy seal....i can balance a beach ball and everything

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Guru
    Yeeeeah what up Dre

sent via Tapatalk

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Then, don't go around talking about how your a Ranger if you aren't willing to prove you ARE a Ranger. Simple as that.
    Maybe he doesn't feel like he has to verify it to some random guy on a forum...I know I wouldn't if you asked me.

Pretty much, its none of your $#@!ing business. If hes ignoring you, then take the hint and drop it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Why does it even matter?
    It doesn't make his views on anything more "valid" then everybody elses.

Trust me! I'm the mayor of Cybourbia, the capital of the internet.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Maybe he doesn't feel like he has to verify it to some random guy on a forum...I know I wouldn't if you asked me.

Pretty much, its none of your $#@!ing business. If hes ignoring you, then take the hint and drop it.
    If you don't feel like verifying it don't go around advertising it, it's that simple.

I just really don't care for people that lie in general but especially people that lie about their military service, it's disrespectful to those that actually did what the liar is claiming to have done and disrespectful to the armed forces in general.

Besides.... HE TOLD ME TO MAKE A THREAD ON IT, so I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Why does it even matter?
    It doesn't make his views on anything more "valid" then everybody elses.
    See response above.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with doing something so simple as providing a username to another forum.... it's not like I am asking for a copy of his birth certificate and a picture ID. What's wrong with providing your username to the forum that you claim to already be a member of?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 02-10-2012 at 13:38.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    You seem to be the only person on the forum who actually cares about if he's a Ranger or not. I dunno why he asked you to make a thread about this, but I'd like to know the reasoning behind that though.

Learn to do signatures here

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Substance is a Ranger. Confirmed.

If you don't feel like verifying it don't go around advertising it, it's that simple.

I just really don't care for people that lie in general but especially people that lie about their military service, it's disrespectful to those that actually did what the liar is claiming to have done and disrespectful to the armed forces in general.

See response above.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with doing something so simple as providing a username to another forum.... it's not like I am asking for a copy of his birth certificate and a picture ID. What's wrong with providing your username to the forum that you claim to already be a member of?
    Most people here know I say I'm a cop, and I wouldn't do anything other than say, "i'm a cop" to try and convince anyone of that fact, nor would I feel any obligation to PROVE it to anyone.

Dedicated Member

It's no one's business to call out a member of a forum to prove what they may or may not be in real life.

'He told me to do it' is a poor excuse - I think he should tell you to make him a sandwich.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post

Yeah, I was going to post the same thing.

See response above.

I didn't realise you were the internet police.

Besides, it's the principle of the matter. Kind of like the whole Obama birth certificate thing. I really don't think he should have even humoured the idiots demanding to see it.
    In the same way, he shouldn't humour you... he doesn't need to prove anything to you.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    I was in the USAF, I don't claim to have been anything other than what I was, and I don't care for people that seem to do just that.

All he has to say is "I am not going to tell you" or "my username is..." and it would be done.

I wouldn't really care at all if he said he was a cop and wasn't, not because being a cop is less than being a Ranger, but because I was in the military and don't care for people that lie about their military career.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Yeah, I was going to post the same thing.

I didn't realise you were the internet police.

Besides, it's the principle of the matter. Kind of like the whole Obama birth certificate thing. I really don't think he should have even humoured the idiots demanding to see it.
    In the same way, he shouldn't humour you... he doesn't need to prove anything to you.
    Internet police? So, asking for someone's username some other forum is being the "internet police"? ROFL!

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Yes. Yes it is.

I understand where you're coming from. But you just need to not care. Assume he wasn't a ranger... I don't think he'll mind.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Closed

Yes he said make a thread on it, but this is the 3rd thread you have harassed him about this.

Just drop it, if he doesn't give you the username, that is his choice.

Continue this berating and we will have to spank ya
    LMAO

Thread Information