Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55

So i played a few minutes of Uncharted Golden Abyss

I actually played Golden Abyss at my local Best Buy for a few minutes last night, and while i didnt really get any sort of definitive feel for the game, i was actually very impressed with the way it looks. Being that its a small screen, you dont notice the "better than ps2, but not just quite ps3" graphics that looking at screenshots on a PC give you, which i suppose is to be expected. It felt pretty fluid, and adapted pretty quickly to the controls, theyre very intuitive. The sounds and animations are exactly what you would expect from an Uncharted game, top notch.

The floors and walls of the game are very impressive for a handheld, which is nice, because this is in fact a launch game, and to give it a visual comparison, i have to go back to (obviously) Uncharted: Drakes Fortune at PS3's launch. Games will only look better as developers pull a goku style spirit bomb from this hardware, and it wouldnt surprise me in the least to see games looking as good as PS3 games like KZ2 and UC:2 in the coming years, albeit on a screen that small where little flaws here and there wont be noticed nearly as much.

The combat was 100% Uncharted style, and as i always do with each uncharted game, i started off my murderous adventurer killings with headshot after headshot. The weird thing is i didnt even use any of the touch screens. I really for a minute, forgot i was using a handheld. And yes, drakes witty humor is still as witty as ever. i just wish for once after a headshot he would say something like "Thats gonna hurt in th... no probably not". C'mon writers, stop using the same old lines.

So theres my review of of my 4 or 5 minutes with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Being the fanboy of the series i am, i give it my usual 9/10, however, once i play through the whole thing it will probably go up to a 9.5/10. (only because of the same recycled not-so-witty-anymore comments...writers!). Yes, still up. im a fanboy of the series. i do that. dont judge me. or do, i dont care. not like ill ever meet any of you people.

hope this was helpful, or informative, or entertaining, whatever, i only got off work couple hours ago, and i need a drink, so ladies, gentleman, this Bud's for me. and so is the next one. and the one after that. ive got plenty that im not sharing.

oddly enough, this is my 666th post, while i have 666 bronze trophies. ALL YOUR DOOMSDAY, ARE BECAUSE OF ME BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH
    Last edited by Ariakace; 02-11-2012 at 17:04. Reason: 666 posts, with 666 bronze trophies. c'mon, thats reason enough

Tacos Rule!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Basically, if you liked Uncharted on PS3, you'll like it here. The controls for the handheld don't seem to get in the way of the game. The same issues that people had with the console versions, are still present here.

3. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Sounds good. I have it preordered and it's actually one of the reasons I want a Vita, because I love Uncharted so much. I can't wait to play it in a few weeks.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    good to hear it's pretty decent, i'll have to pick it up when I get more cash. I pre-ordered Lumines because it's just so addicting!

Forum Guru
    This is the cod of playstation brand.

I don't see any thing nw from u2 to uga thats been introduced.

Hopefuly its an interesting story
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

PSN ID
    GR1MNIR
    This is one of two games that I currently have pre-ordered, and should be arriving from Amazon in a few days. I still need to finish UC3 but if I'm not mistaken this is a prequel story, right?

Was the voice acting done by the same people that have voiced the characters previously?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    This is the cod of playstation brand.

I don't see any thing nw from u2 to uga thats been introduced.

Hopefuly its an interesting story
    For me, the single player aspect alone just isn't worth the price of admission. Once the price goes down, or I get it second hand, I'll play it.

Thread Information