Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PSM3 March Issue: Playstation 4 Set For E3 2012, 'More At TGS'

The latest issue of UK gaming magazine PSM3 is now available, and with it comes another bold statement regarding the existence of Sony’s next generation console. Despite Sony President Kaz Hirai denying the possibility of a PS4 announcement at E3 2012, PSM3 is siding with MCV in confirming that the long-rumored successor to the PS3 will make an appearance at the hotly anticipated show.

“Games industry magazine MCV cited their own sources when they joined PSM3 in confirming PS4′s debut at June’s E3 show, but Sony boss Kaz Hirai served all of us a big glass of ‘shut up’ by denying that there will be any new console at E3. So who’s telling fibs?”, stated the March 2012 issue of PSM3.

“Nintendo will attend E3 with Wii U, Microsoft will make a next-gen announcement, and Sony need more than Vita to convince the world they’re equipped for a new console era. Don’t hold your breath for hardware designs, but some proof that PS4 exists is vital to Sony’s success. Expect a name –Playstation 4, duh – at E3, with more at TGS.”

UK trade website MCV previously reported that undisclosed sources indicated that both Sony and Microsoft are currently gearing up to publicly reveal their next-generation consoles at E3 2012 – MCV writer Ben Parfitt stated on Twitter that the sources are “exemplary” and ”ultra high level”.

“Obviously we can’t reveal our sources,” revealed MCV writer Ben Parfitt via Twitter. “But you have my personal word on this – the source is exemplary, 100 per cent concrete, ultra high level.”
    Source
    Wouldn't surprised me if true, I'm sure MS or Sony will do something to put a dent in Nintendo's Wii U campaign.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That'd be a nice "surprise"... we all know it's coming.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I hope this is true.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    "But you have my personal word on this – the source is exemplary, 100 per cent concrete, ultra high level.”
    I read it was in a fortune cookie...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Kinda hoping it ain't true. I ain't got any money for another ****ing console. :/
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

6. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Super Elite

On topic, it would definitely be nice if Sony announced with at E3. I'm playing Castlevania right now on Xbox, and I feel this game is a glimpse into the next generation. They coded their shaders so damn well to look so realistic! It literally looks CGI even tho their tech is no different than what's used in any other game. And dat motion blur...
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-12-2012 at 04:43.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

8. Likes Nakatomi Uk, Sufi likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Kinda hoping it ain't true. I ain't got any money for another ****ing console. :/
    If you start saving $50 a month now you will have enough money for a PS4 and games by the time it comes out.

RIP Oculus Rift

10. Likes MiThRaZoR likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    That's why you hope it comes out so when you do have enough money the console will have had a price cut

12. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Super Elite
    Or you can do what I do: Play the PC ports for a while until the console defects/overheating have been fixed

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Don't really care, if its anything like when the PS3 was first shown..the hardware design won't be final and the "game footage" won't be accurate to what it will really be able to do.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Even if it does release in time. I wouldn't be be to sure into buying it at launch. The experiences we have gone through with the last Generation Console with its malfunctions...

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i won't be buying the ps4 at launch. . . not a sniff...took one up the arse when the ps3 launched...i can't take it again. lmao.

The dude abides....

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Yeah, ain't buying at launch. Gaming stuff today drops faster than a stripper wanting that dough. I'll wait and get the 5TB edition with like 4 games and ****. XD

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Doubt this is true when Sony has already stated there won't be an announcement or showing at e3 2012.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

20. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Doubt this is true when Sony has already stated there won't be an announcement or showing at e3 2012.
    Yeah it's completely unheard of for someone in the gaming industry to lie.
    Last edited by Pestilence; 02-12-2012 at 10:19.

Common sense isn't all that common.

PSU Staff Writer
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I bet it's not at E3 2012. It's too soon, the PS3 has only been out 6 years.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I bet it's not at E3 2012. It's too soon, the PS3 has only been out 6 years.
    Still, I'm sure the PS4 is at least 1 year away from launch, so if it launches in, say Jan 2013, PS3 will already be 7 years old. Considering PS2 was 7 when PS3 launched, it's not too far fetched to think that PS4 is right around the corner. Consoles don't last a century
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Yeah it's completely unheard of for someone in the gaming industry to lie.
    Conversely, every wild ass rumor always turns out true. That OP is pretty poor "journalism" when it just rehashes an article from last year that has been mostly shot down so far.

It's also interesting how they jump around with their sources, from plural to finally singular in the last sentence:
    “Obviously we can’t reveal our sources,” revealed MCV writer Ben Parfitt via Twitter. “But you have my personal word on this – the source is exemplary, 100 per cent concrete, ultra high level.”
    Who is this "source"? Charlie Demerjian -- again?!?! Barnum said it best when he said a sucker is born every minute.

Game "Journalism" 101 - Always add anonymous sauces to make the soup gooder and spicier.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Vita is about to launch, I'd love a new home console to release close along side it. Maybe improved connectivity.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Source
    Wouldn't surprised me if true, I'm sure MS or Sony will do something to put a dent in Nintendo's Wii U campaign.
    I suppose a announcement is possible
    E3-12 announced with tech demos
    E3-13 revealed design with 3rd party games shown
    E4-14 final design, price & release date announced with playable games

winter 2014 release or early 2015

it's plausible, and then up coming rumoured games will be have time to be released,but I don't expect anything soon

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member

Well, even if they DO announce the PS4 (Which they may give a little odd commercial ad for or some such thing), The machine itself most likely won't be coming out for another year or more after that. I seriously don't see them doing a tech demo or anything like that this early. They are probably feeling pressured to show something, to say to MS and Ninty, "See, we're getting ready too! So watch out". But I think that will be about the extent of any announcement. I don't believe for one second the VITA is SONY's "Next" console, because that would be placing too many eggs in one basket. I'm sure VITA will sell, but not enough to compare to the hype that would surround a true "Next Gen" console. And if the VITA flops from a sales standpoint, (Which wouldn't be good for SONY, given the horrible losses they just posted from the disastrous year they had), then what? I also will bet the next console will be priced more reasonably, as it will probably launch a year behind the others or at least two quarters. I for one, wish they wouldn't rush it, but that's business. Just my guess. I would be very surprised if they show it at E3 this year.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Why would a company announce something before the unveiling? A company's word means nothing given these kind of things.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Conversely, every wild ass rumor always turns out true. That OP is pretty poor "journalism" when it just rehashes an article from last year that has been mostly shot down so far.

It's also interesting how they jump around with their sources, from plural to finally singular in the last sentence:

Who is this "source"? Charlie Demerjian -- again?!?! Barnum said it best when he said a sucker is born every minute.

Game "Journalism" 101 - Always add anonymous sauces to make the soup gooder and spicier.
    When he uses "sources" he's talking in general; then he specifically uses "source" for this particular rumor.

Ultimate Veteran
    with nintendo showing the wii u at this years e3 sony needs to show something liek a trailer or something for the ps4 hope its true

PSU Staff Writer
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Still, I'm sure the PS4 is at least 1 year away from launch, so if it launches in, say Jan 2013, PS3 will already be 7 years old. Considering PS2 was 7 when PS3 launched, it's not too far fetched to think that PS4 is right around the corner. Consoles don't last a century
    I'm hoping in that case they announce it in 2013, and it launch later that year.

I still say it's not gonna be at E3 2012 and that Sony's conference will focus more on the PS Vita.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Thread Information