Forum Sage

Kingdom Hearts 3D SPECIAL TRAILER

10 mins, OMGZOMG!

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Forum Sage
    My god, the spoilers. Nomura holds true to his nature of spoiling absolutely everything a month before the game is even released.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Thank you for warning me, I sure was going to watch it. I'll wait for the game to find out everything.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    Well, you could perhaps watch it, but stop at about 6 minutes in (where the screen fades and music changes for the second time), or if you're tempted, AT THE VERY LEAST DON'T WATCH the last 30 seconds/1 minute of the trailer. That's when it gets real heavy with spoilers.

Oh, and there's a subtitled version of the trailer now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssrlR_rdFc

Recently Finished:

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awesome!!

So much love for Axel :3. Only watched the first 4 minutes... too scared ><

Forum Sage
    Yeah, based on that trailer Lea might have a big role in the future. I'm guessing he might even be one of the more important characters for Kingdom Hearts III (and 3D, of course, though maybe more in the background for now, doing his own mysterious thing).

Also, you can watch a bit longer than that. The trailer has three parts. The first where Passion plays has story-stuff mostly related to the Disney side, the second where a new song plays has gameplay and the third is the Nomura's-Annual-Spoil-Party part where Hikari starts playing (they are all separated by a fade to black screen/fading out the music). You can watch pretty safely until the end of the second part, then it's time to skip town if you don't want to be too spoiled.
    Last edited by Azu; 02-15-2012 at 20:32.

Recently Finished:

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    ah man sweet! on another note they gotta do hd remakes man they gotta do better for this 10th anniversary

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Mmmk will watch more, cheers Azu. Dunno what I'd do without you and your JRPG knowledge ><

Via Tapatalk

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I hear this trailer is quite spoilerish?!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I just don't get why they seem younger in certain parts of this trailer..and what is up with Riku's hair?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I just don't get why they seem younger in certain parts of this trailer..and what is up with Riku's hair?
    I have no idea where this dis in the timeline, probably after KH2 I dunno but Riku's short hair makes me sad also haha

Via Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    The majority of the game takes place in dreams, it's just some dream thing that they appear younger. I don't think there's any deeper meanings behind it.

Timeline-wise, this takes place very soon after Kingdom Hearts II. KH3D is basically a prologue to Kingdom Hearts III, just like Chain of Memories was for II. There shouldn't be any more games that take place after II & 3D in the timeline, though the mysterious Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Vol. 2 which is hinted at in the end of BBS Final Mix might still happen before III. Based on BBS Final Mix's ending, BBS Vol 2, if there ever is one, will show what Aqua has been doing in the Dark Realms between Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts II/3D.

As far as the storyline itself goes, if you remember, Sora gets a letter from "someone" in the last few seconds of KHII's ending CGI (not the Secret Ending, the normal ending before that). ReCoded explained that the letter is from Mickey & Yensid and it basically reads "$#@!, Master Xehanort is probably back, we need you to get your asses over here for some training for your Mark of Mastery to become Keyblade Masters and you also need to help "those that sleep in sadness" (Ven and Aqua, at least, maybe Terra too) so that you can beat him."

So this game is about them "dropping" to some Dream Worlds to unlock the seven keyholes of sleep, which should give them some new power that'll help in the fight against Master Xehanort. Based on this most recent trailer, plenty of $#@! goes down and everything doesn't quite go as planned, it seems to be setting pretty dramatic a premise for Kingdom Hearts III.

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I hear this trailer is quite spoilerish?!
    Yes it is, though only the final third (from ~6 minutes onwards). Just stop watching after the second time the screen fades to black and the third song (Hikari) starts to play.

Oh, and the new song which plays in the middle part with all the gamplay is pretty awesome! I wish CDJapan puts the OST up for pre-order soon~
    Last edited by Azu; 02-16-2012 at 17:02.

Recently Finished:

Forum Sage
    Seems like they are trying to make Kingdom Hearts 3D as newcomer friendly as possible. It will include a recap on all past events in the form of a Memoir menu, which should help people get up to speed if they've never played some of the games released in the six years after KHII.

Recently Finished:

It will help me 6years later trying to remember anything. Always handy

Earthbound

Dat mixture between anime and realistic models!
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

dc I'm pretty sure that picture with Jack Sparrow is from Kingdom Hearts II :/

Omg its Kevin Flynn <33333

Earthbound
    Damn!

This game will be great!

Thread Information