Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Patch incoming today 3:30 PM Mountain Standard Time U.S.

http://www.psu.com/Jaffe-details-Twi...a014446-p0.php

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I don't know if anyone has ever asked this but why is it delayed for such a long time in the UK? It seems like it's been out forever in the states but it ain't even coming here until next month.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I don't know if anyone has ever asked this but why is it delayed for such a long time in the UK? It seems like it's been out forever in the states but it ain't even coming here until next month.
    There are probably more then one reasons but one i do know of is because they needed to censor the game for Europe. I can't see that taking a month but I'm guessing there are more reasons for the delay. Sucks you have to wait but hopefully it's not far into March that its gets released.

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Forum Elder
    A day after the patch was released and the online is still a complete mess. The errors and in game kicks are still present. When the game works, it's a blast, and that's the only reason I still play.

Superior Member
    I think I'm actually getting more network errors than before. Wonder what the game would've been like had it released in Oct.

But for the same reason as above, I tough it out because its just too damn fun.

PSN ID
    PTSinc
    Yea the online is still in bad shape. Every 3rd match I have crashes 10 seconds in. Sometimes my ps3 will completely freeze right in the middle of a match and has to be restarted. Still cant stop playing though.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSinc View Post
    Yea the online is still in bad shape. Every 3rd match I have crashes 10 seconds in. Sometimes my ps3 will completely freeze right in the middle of a match and has to be restarted. Still cant stop playing though.

At least you've got the chance to play in a match, i can never make it out of the loading screen for the game to start, i get kicked off the servers.....what a bunch of crap...luckily the single player is fun to keep me around

Elite Member
    I am now finding the single player to be pretty easy. As soon as I got used to the controls it got so much easier. I took down juggernaut about 30-40 seconds in the match. I drove around and picked up a ton of weapons. Got behind him and unloaded them all. I took down the grimm brothers pretty easily too.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I am now finding the single player to be pretty easy. As soon as I got used to the controls it got so much easier. I took down juggernaut about 30-40 seconds in the match. I drove around and picked up a ton of weapons. Got behind him and unloaded them all. I took down the grimm brothers pretty easily too.
    No need to rub it in you know . Your right tho, once you get the hang of it, it's not so difficult. Plus it's amazing (for me at least) how it's a different challenge with each car you choose. Some levels are harder with some vehicles then others.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So does anyone else just love putting some NIN, AC/DC and Metallica while playing this game? Fits right in with this game.

11. Likes mooninites likes this post
    Forum Elder
    If you guys are still having trouble with getting kicked out of matches and XP not saving, simply start up the game and finish a match. Once done quit to the XMB and repeat.

I've had no trouble since I started doing this. On the other hand, errors still plague the game and there's nothing around them.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    So does anyone else just love putting some NIN, AC/DC and Metallica while playing this game? Fits right in with this game.
    Hell ya man, Nothing else would be appropriate. I would add in some zombie and Dethklok

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    hell ya man, nothing else would be appropriate. I would add in some zombie and dethklok
    murmaider murmaider murmaider murmaider

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    What happened American's? You stopped playing this game already?? Just asking as the topic has been dead for like a week. Anyways Thought I'd post my thoughts on the game now that the game has been out for 5 days here in NZ.

First of all, online had some problems at launch until 2 days later patch 1.04 came out and since I've had no problems what so ever connecting to servers. So I've been having a blast online but we'll come back to that, I'll start off by talking bout the offline portion of the game.

The SP is fantastic, although different from previous games in the series it gives you different objectives per event which is refreshing as if I wanted to just kill bots I'd go play split screen with my mate. So instead you end up racing around a map, or killing the targets, taking out a big truck that spawns more enemies or destroying the big crazy as bosses that are all so fun to destroy.
    I've only completed the Story mode on normal, will be trying the harder ones after I've done some more online! But with normal I found the game pretty super easy to finish, can't wait to try out hard

If SP isn't your thing, then maybe split screen story mode will! Pretty much the same as SP but you got a mate next to you and it makes things that much easier, and yeah more fun. But deathmatch is where 2 player shines, add in a ton of AI and you'll be blasting up bots as if your playing online! Very fun AI doesn't gang up on you (On SP they're meant to) but this does make killing the bots all too easy, very fun though.

I haven't tried 3-4 player but not that keen, not sure how I used to handle doing 4 player on the PS1 with the TVs back then, but I did! Think I'll wait till we can get a 3D TV that allows 4 player split screen with each seeing their own screen. Now that would be awesome on twisted metal.

So offline has more then enough to keep the TM fans happy when playing offline, but with todays tech it was only natural to see the game jump online, and boy is it fun!! With some really fun game modes (mainly Nuke) and your normal team/deathmatch theres plenty of action online to keep all TM fans coming back for more!
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Superior Member
    I'm still having a lot of fun with this game and I'm sure I will stick around with it for a long time. Hopefully they'll throw us some DLC in the future but I doubt it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    Hell ya man, Nothing else would be appropriate. I would add in some zombie and Dethklok
    i'm going to use.'you could be mine' by guns n roses...when i buy this game...lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Still haven't beat this $#@!ing game! It's hard, but I love it! But I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if describing the stage and enemies would be considered a spoiler, so just putting it as such anyways.

Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm still to get this game. I am ONLY getting the uncut US version though, an it was going for like €70 on amazon, now its cheaper so I'll bite in 2 weeks when I'm paid.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm still to get this game. I am ONLY getting the uncut US version though, an it was going for like €70 on amazon, now its cheaper so I'll bite in 2 weeks when I'm paid.
    They changed it for other territories?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    They changed it for other territories?
    Yeah, EU version got edited a bit.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    That sucks

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    how did it get edited? and does the US version work fine in the UK?
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Some of the violence was edited from the cut scenes. I'm not sure if there would be any issue with online gaming with the US version.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    you sure you just aren't getting a german version? you are neighbours, and the only eu versions of games i've ever heard of being censored are german ones.

very odd if you are correct though.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    European players waiting to get a nice dose of psychotic clowning around in their car combat will have to wait a little longer than expected.

The game has been delayed for a couple of weeks in Europe due to localisation taking a little longer than expected. It’s hoped that it will be released in the EU at the start of March and the US release date of February 14th is still in place.
    The European disc will also contain a slightly edited version of the game, something which David Jaffe, has taken to GAF to address
    99% of the cuts were in the movies and the movies are still intact and I sat with the editor- who was the same editor of the American movies- and we went thru and addressed the notes from Europe and made sure the stories still worked. And to be fair, there have not been that many cuts.
    For example, in the scene we’ve released on the net from the intro- where the girl stabs Tooth in the eye- the SCEE version has this but we cut away right before the scissors make contact with Tooth’s face. It’s CLEAR what she’s doing and I think we even keep the sound effects in and such- but the last few frames are gone.
    The story itself tho totally works and- for some folks even who tend to think this kinda stuff plays better left to your imagination anyway- perhaps it even works better.
    It sounds like some of the European countries more fond of this kind of censorship (I’m looking at you, Germany) have kicked up a fuss and we’re now all getting the edited version.
    To his credit, Jaffe is obviously as exasperated about the edits as many of you will be but has found the best solution to the issue which still gets the game out within a couple of weeks of the US version and doesn’t end up costing the team excessive amounts to produce multiple discs.

Thread Information