Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Twisted Metal - Review Thread & Discussion

High atop his penthouse office, a mysterious ringleader named Calypso lords over the contest of vehicle combat known as Twisted Metal. He returns again to host the ultimate contest of skill and destruction. Contestants have been chosen to compete and, should they emerge victorious, win whatever prize their heart desires.

Twisted Metal, the longest running franchise in PlayStation history, is now back, exclusively on the PS3 system. With four factions battling for control, players step into the combat boots of a twisted disciple in a high octane, highly destructible world. Players fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by the stylishly evil Calypso, the mastermind behind the Twisted Metal tournament. Disciples strategically dismantle opponents in vehicles loaded with weapons of Twisted destruction. With a robust online system, players unleash destruction with up to 16 players through PlayStation Network and battle through a variety of favorite and new game modes.

Genre: Racing Action
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Developer: Eat Sleep Play
    Online Play: 16 Versus
    Local Play: 4 Versus
    Release Date: February 14, 2012

Gametrailers video review is out giving the game a 8.1/10
    IGN review 9/10
    Gameinformer review 8.5/10
    Last edited by Nuvian; 02-15-2012 at 03:13.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    My wife seemed to hint that she got me this. So I'm so pumped to play it tomorrow!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Member
    Still sitting on the table. Spending some "quality" time with the ball and chain until she goes to bed. Then I will jump into the single player.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i'm dying to play this, but i'm saving my monies for a rifle. so maybe in a few months. i expect some neat reviews from you guys in the following days

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I loved Twisted Metal Black, and this one is feeling very similar. The environments are huge and destructive, the gameplay is silky smooth, and the AI opponents forget about each other when you come near and gang up on you. I'm digging all the weapon types, and once I switched the controls to Racing style the controller faded away, as it does for me in games with instinctive control setups. I'm only 4 levels in, but so far I'm having fun.

Shut up and play games

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The retail version is certainly better than that $#@!ty demo.

Elite Sage
    I was too lazy to pick this up when I woke up yesterday. I'm definitely grabbing it today once my gamestop opens up. Or when I wake up, whichever is first.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    I loved Twisted Metal Black, and this one is feeling very similar. The environments are huge and destructive, the gameplay is silky smooth, and the AI opponents forget about each other when you come near and gang up on you. I'm digging all the weapon types, and once I switched the controls to Racing style the controller faded away, as it does for me in games with instinctive control setups. I'm only 4 levels in, but so far I'm having fun.
    Nice is the Racing Style configuration where the triggers are for braking and accelerating and alternative special is the R3 button?

I picked this up as a Valentines Day gift to myself since my gf got my a dress shirt instead.....lol

Its still in the wrapping waiting for me since im stuck at work tonight

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by blazenigma View Post
    Nice is the Racing Style configuration where the triggers are for braking and accelerating and alternative special is the R3 button?
    That's the one.

Shut up and play games

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    i'm dying to play this, but i'm saving my monies for a rifle. so maybe in a few months. i expect some neat reviews from you guys in the following days
    Terrorist plot? "Hobby"? U da poleece?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    - It's VERY hard to find a match online. Frustrating

- The game is pretty much what I expected from watching previews.

- Devs need to stop with the custom lobbies. All it does is separate players and it's impossible to find a full lobby. All I see is lobbies with 3/16 players and customized rules. It's stupid.

- Single Player is fun so far

- The soundtrack is AWESOME. Perfect songs for this game.

- A decent, solid re-entry for Twisted Metal.

- Too many game modes for such a small player count.

- Maps seem way too big, mainly because the only games I can get into have 3 - 4 people and the maps were made for 16. Due to map size, It doesnt have that old school Twisted Metal Arena Shooter feel to it.... instead feels like GTA online with missles

- No Reverse button for driving feels awkward.

My biggest fear for this game seems to have turned out so far. There aren't enough players to maintain a solid online community. I checked leaderboards and there were only 15,000 people registered on the boards... that means only 15k people played this online the entire today. Not good since its day 1....
    Last edited by INFAMOUS8; 02-15-2012 at 09:11.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Terrorist plot? "Hobby"? U da poleece?
    neighbor kid annoys me obviously

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS8 View Post

- Devs need to stop with the custom lobbies. All it does is separate players and it's impossible to find a full lobby. All I see is lobbies with 3/16 players and customized rules. It's stupid.

- Maps seem way too big, mainly because the only games I can get into have 3 - 4 people and the maps were made for 16. Due to map size, It doesnt have that old school Twisted Metal Arena Shooter feel to it.... instead feels like GTA online with missles

My biggest fear for this game seems to have turned out so far. There aren't enough players to maintain a solid online community. I checked leaderboards and there were only 15,000 people registered on the boards... that means only 15k people played this online the entire today. Not good since its day 1....
    Give it a week. Some people wait until payday, usually a friday. And also, yesterday was Valentines day, so, like me, they got it, but decided to spend the night with their wife/husband/significant other/going out and hooking up.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    I got it but didn't even play it yet. 15,000 is incredibly low, though...that's for sure. Hopefully the community is active long enough for me to get my platinum!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Will be picking this up today after work. Also there are people who don't hop online right away. I like to finish the single player before i do any multiplayer and I'm sure a lot of people do the same. We'll see how it stacks up come next week

~~Holy crap I'm Tapatalking

Dedicated Member
    I'm in the same boat as a few others. I bought the game yesterday but didn't get a chance to play it. I asked one of the guys who works at gamestop how it was selling and he said they had a lot of preorders. Of course it doesn't mean anything in regards to the bigger picture but usually ps3 exclusives don't sell well at that gamestop for some reason. I think in a couple of days the online community will grow significantly. As for me, I can't wait to get off work and play it!

Veteran
    Really, now? What a strange omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Superior Member
    Reverse is actually double-tap O.

Solid game, awesome singleplayer so far. The cutscenes are a treat to watch... kinda like a retro 80's slasher film or something. Online needs some work as far as connectivity goes. Overall, damn good purchase.

19. Likes Montevista likes this post
    Forum Elder
    I thought the online matches would be crazy, but the Story Mode is just chaos with opponents attacking you from every direction non stop... and I'm only playing it on Normal (the easiest difficulty). Still trying to get used to it, but I do wish I was better.

Oh, and anyone know how to jump? While playing online there was this map with a lot of freeways that had permanent borders separating the lanes, it got annoying not being able to chase down others because of these.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by Montevista View Post
    I thought the online matches would be crazy, but the Story Mode is just chaos with opponents attacking you from every direction non stop... and I'm only playing it on Normal (the easiest difficulty). Still trying to get used to it, but I do wish I was better.

Oh, and anyone know how to jump? While playing online there was this map with a lot of freeways that had permanent borders separating the lanes, it got annoying not being able to chase down others because of these.
    If you're playing with the default configuration, I believe it's pressing L1 and R1 together to jump.

Played through two levels on hard and this game is awesome! Can't wait to see more of the story

22. Likes Montevista likes this post
    Master Guru
    I'm loving me some Twisted Metal. It feels like the glory days again.

Superior Member
    Yeah I didnt even get a chance to take the wrapping off this game so i havent played, so I have yet to experience the SP or MP modes, ill be on this weekend....

Add me if you'd like, just mention Twisted Metal or TM in the email add......PSN: blazenigma

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Still sitting on the table. Spending some "quality" time with the ball and chain until she goes to bed. Then I will jump into the single player.
    Dang man. I really appreciate my wife more and more when I read things like this. Quality time with her is sitting beside me while I play video games. She loves watching and playing.

On topic, I love the live cutscenes in the single player.

Superior Member
    LOVE the cutscenes! LOVE the game play and the music and nearly every vehicle and the INCREDIBLE different battlegrounds!!! This game is simply amazing!! We waited way too long but it is worth worth it!

This games has a few hates,mostly online.but its going to be hard trying to get a platinum trophy on this

How can you beat someone that's already lost everything?

Thread Information