Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Soldier 95B
    Guest

    Xbox 360 Update Rolling Out

    http://majornelson.com/2012/02/16/xb...e-rolling-out/

    I wanted to let you know that the team has just released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Starting today when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out and asked to accept the update and you’ll be back online in a few moments.This update will increase performance and is part of our continued effort to provide the best possible Xbox LIVE experience. In this update, we are providing a fix to a color issue that some were experiencing, and it will be immediately notable in the dashboard. The fix is also being applied by partners to their apps on Xbox LIVE, which we expect to roll out over the coming months.


    Nice to see they are addressing the biggest complaint that some experienced, the color issues.

  2. #2
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd like to see the random controller disconnects on certain games like COD addressed.

  3. #3
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I have never had random controller disconnects. However, I would like to have the ability to pick and choose which notifications appear instead of this all or none business. And people, turn off those $#@!ING BEACONS.

  4. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I have never had random controller disconnects. However, I would like to have the ability to pick and choose which notifications appear instead of this all or none business. And people, turn off those $#@!ING BEACONS.
    Youre lucky. In fact at E3 at the beginning of the COD demo the guy got a random controller disconnect. lol

  5. #5
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Yeah...not sure how that has affected you. I have four Xboxes now and 8 controllers and have had an Xbox since day one and never had that happen in any game, including COD. However, I do get it when my battery dies, lol!

  6. #6
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,255
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    490,065 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Same here, I've always had random controller disconnects, and it bugs the hell out of me.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  7. #7
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,261
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    106,541 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Same here, I've always had random controller disconnects, and it bugs the hell out of me.
    Just with COD, or in general? As it happens to my friend quite a lot in general... we just assumed it was a problem with his controller.

    I never get them myself.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  8. #8
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I just got an Xbox Live disconnect playing MW3, for no reason. WTF?!

  9. #9
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,255
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    490,065 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Just with COD, or in general? As it happens to my friend quite a lot in general... we just assumed it was a problem with his controller.

    I never get them myself.
    I only notice it in COD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I just got an Xbox Live disconnect playing MW3, for no reason. WTF?!
    That also happens to me, but my internet is $#@!.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  10. #10
    Super Elite
    AsuraOkami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ivalice
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,007
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,463 (0 Banked)
    I was wondering what the update was for now i know.

  11. #11
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,261
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    106,541 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I only notice it in COD.



    That also happens to me, but my internet is $#@!.
    Probably is his controller then.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  12. #12
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yeah...not sure how that has affected you. I have four Xboxes now and 8 controllers and have had an Xbox since day one and never had that happen in any game, including COD. However, I do get it when my battery dies, lol!
    Well just because you haven't had them doesn't mean I'm the only one who's getting them or that the problem doesn't exist. I guess youre not sure how the IW guy during the E3 COD playthrough had it affect him either.

  13. #13
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Same here, I've always had random controller disconnects, and it bugs the hell out of me.
    Yep, exactly.

  14. #14
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,128
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,365 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Luckily I've not had any controller issues like rad describes.




  15. #15
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Luckily I've not had any controller issues like rad describes.
    And Kwesnoth describes as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-18-2012 at 02:38.

  16. #16
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well just because you haven't had them doesn't mean I'm the only one who's getting them or that the problem doesn't exist. I guess youre not sure how the IW guy during the E3 COD playthrough had it affect him either.
    And I never once said the problem didn't exist. Glad that was cleared up. Wow.

  17. #17
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    And I never once said the problem didn't exist. Glad that was cleared up. Wow.
    Just kind of sounded that way to me but thanks for clarifying. Seems to mostly happen on COD. Not so much on other games.

  18. #18
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,194
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    202,305 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well just because you haven't had them doesn't mean I'm the only one who's getting them or that the problem doesn't exist. I guess youre not sure how the IW guy during the E3 COD playthrough had it affect him either.
    I think that one was simply because he hadnt played on the dam thing for 10 mins or whatever it is before it times out and disconnects your controller.

    The only time my controllers disconnect is when the batteries are flat.

    Are you using the Xbox charge kits, I know several poeple who have batteries on those things flake out.
    I personally just use standard AA rechargables, across 4 controllers.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-19-2012 at 23:23.

  19. #19
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I use the official batteries from MS, rechargeable. I still have some from 2005 that work fine, albeit MUCH less charge time these days. I bought 2 more last year. I have about 10 of those bad boys floating around my house.

  20. #20
    Super Elite
    MacP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Essex, England.
    Posts
    2,366
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    6,531 (0 Banked)
    Excellent news.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

  21. #21
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I think that one was simply because he hadnt played on the dam thing for 10 mins or whatever it is before it times out and disconnects your controller. The only time my controllers disconnect is when the batteries are flat. Are you using the Xbox charge kits, I know several poeple who have batteries on those things flake out. I personally just use standard AA rechargables, across 4 controllers.
    Yeah, I use AA batteries. I'll keep my eye on it. I just put in fresh batteries a few days ago and so far so good. (crosses fingers).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.