Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Well, I want them with SUBSTANTIALLY less bugs, realistic or not. But it will never happen, so meh. No biggie.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I didn't say it was acceptable. However, it isn't a realistic scenario though. I don't think there are ANY game that don't have bugs in them. Maybe if we're talking about "game breaking" bugs, then I'd agree to an extent.
    I agree.

There are bugs in anything. Yes, even Apple $#@!e. To expect none is rather unrealistic. At least witht the technology we have.

Plus there are so many things to consider when programming pretty much anything these days.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    What a surprise. They have been releasing unfinished/buggy products for years now. You think they didn't know that it had problems before hand. Nope.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I knew it had issues before launch also

Idk if I'll ever purchase a game from them. I want to at times but I wait for patches to come but they get here too late if at all. I'm not really into rpg games so I'll just move on to other titles because there is no longer a drought by the time things are fixed.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I knew it had issues before launch also

Idk if I'll ever purchase a game from them. I want to at times but I wait for patches to come but they get here too late if at all. I'm not really into rpg games so I'll just move on to other titles because there is no longer a drought by the time things are fixed.
    Same here. I love their games when you can play them for more than an hour at a time without getting a bug. No sarcasm there either. I was doing good if I played Fallout 3 for more than an hour without a bug.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    I'm glade I didn't buy Skyrim and went with Rage. If it wasn't for ID Soft developing Rage I wouldn't have gotten it. Rage biggest problem is texture pop in.

Out of all the creatures to walk the Earth, HUMANS are the most CRUEL.:iagree

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I can live with bugs that are annoying as long as the gameplay is good. I played HL2DM for 7 years and anyone that knows that game knows how bug filled and unsupported it is.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    Not surprised at this really. No game is perfect but i think they should of been more cautious with it. A friend of mine purposely stopped when he got to certain point in the game because of it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    And even this would possibly be impossible given if they games have already been distributed. A post release patch would be the only option at that point. All in all, I'm glad the release wasn't delayed.

Right because its okay to release a game they admitted to being completely bug riddled. who cares we have to wait for them to patch it... as long as they made their day 1 sales... they couldnt care less. in fact we still had to wait an additional 3 months for it to be "sort of" fixed. Admit it. the game was broken, they knew it, but shoved it in our faces because they knew suckers and retards would eat it up. There is absolutely no difference between releasing a $#@! ass broken game one day... and making us wait for a semi-fixed game 3months later... Just proves Bethesda doesnt give a $#@! about you or me as gamers. Id rather they delayed the game and have it work (i havent play Skyrim since it started $#@!ing up @80hours back in december... so whats the difference?) This isnt a $#@!ing PC game i paid for... i bought my consoles because it used to mean the most stable and bug-free platform for gaming... Enjoy your constant patches that claim to fix the game (but dont really do anything asadie from amking you feel like its a "little" better.

These Devs are lazy as $#@!... and all this should have been worked out before release... end of story. I guess im glad to know people like to buy broken launch games... just proves no one truly has standards anymore.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

10. Likes Equinoqs likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here's a solution - DON'T BUY THEIR GAMES.....

It isn't like this is the first game they've released with issues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    That's why Bethesda will never see a dime from me on day 1. When they can release a bug free game or at least one that doesn't have game breaking bugs, then I'll buy.
    this is tradition!! all their games since first TES was buggy on release)))

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Right because its okay to release a game they admitted to being completely bug riddled. who cares we have to wait for them to patch it... as long as they made their day 1 sales... they couldnt care less.
    Well if that's true, then why did they patch the game in the first place if they only cared about Day One sales?... See the hole I poked in your logic there?

Anyways, people need to understand that Skyrim is a massive game. And to find and fix all of the bugs in such a massive came is not very possible as there are a lot of nooks and crannies and bugs may only occur 1 out of 10 times, and yet you are asking them spend +120x10 hours to look thru the entire game and all of the side quests and goodies to find these bugs?... Better to let the audience find the less obvious ones for them instead of wasting massive amounts of money to do it prior to release. It's a good price for us to pay to play such a massive game. No other RPG touches what Elder Scrolls does in terms of scale and playability.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-17-2012 at 09:12.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Computer game development isnt as easy as walking down the street and buying the game.
    It's a very complex process.
    Im sure they could have easily solved the memory issues by cutting features out of the PS3 version, which wouldnt have made anyone happy.
    Considering it was fixed with a patch (according to them) why would features need cutting?
    See cuz the problem was fixable it becomes a problem with the way the developer shipped the final product on PS3, I ain't just pointing my finger at the skyrim devs, all devs this gen have got lazy, the product you release represents your company, it don't matter if it's can be fixed later or it ok on a different system, as a developer you are expected to deliver a quality product that is expected from your company by customers, and that's the way anybody should look at it, you don't pass the blame on when you could of done something about it, this ain't the 80's and we ain't playing Mario, we ain't kids, thou it seems this gen everyone is.

What makes me laugh is most of these bug ridden games have a $#@! load of game testers lol

Sent from my Xperia Ray
    Last edited by TGO; 02-17-2012 at 09:02.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member

Well, considering I have over 120 hours into the game, I forgive them. The game is amazing, and this is coming from a person who has run into several broken quests (Which were fixed with the patches), and even the backwards flying dragon!! It was funny but annoying. But it has been fixed. The only other thing I ran into was some lag after downloading the latest patch, but it went away as they said it would after saving and reloading/restarting the game. I continue to have a great time with it each night and I haven't seen any more bugs so far. Plus, considering the amount of time I put in, this would easily eclipse most of the run times of about 10 other titles I've purchased (All triple A as well), so a few problems is beside the point as far as I'm concerned. Hope they keep up the patches and get some DLC out there soon!!

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

It's the first game they released where if you get past a 10mb save file the game practically is unplayable. framerate drops down past 15fps.

Elite Guru

True on both counts but that doesn't excuse the release of something that was essentially broken.

The main problem (as I see it) is consumers accept the issues for the best part. There's no incentive to hold the game back and put it out when it's working as well as it could. Consumers need to vote with their wallet if these issues are to change.

Personally, my stance is if it's not working properly it shouldn't be released. Thankfully, I've only ever had to send back two games that were just broken. Those were:

• Race Driver: GRID
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I did take a flutter on Skyrim a month or so later when I got the chance of a cheap copy. Glad I did as after 1.4 I'm now back playing it on PS3.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    It's the first game they released where if you get past a 10mb save file the game practically is unplayable. framerate drops down past 15fps.
    Have a character with a 14MB save file and it never got that bad. I could play 4 hours with a relaunch of the game in the middle of that time and it was more than bearable. Hell, I copped the platinum trophy before the latest patch. Think I would have done that if the game was practically unplayable?

Quote Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
    I'm glade I didn't buy Skyrim and went with Rage. If it wasn't for ID Soft developing Rage I wouldn't have gotten it. Rage biggest problem is texture pop in.
    Oh, so that game has issues too?

*yawn*

Games launch with issues. I'd bet the farm that Beth isn't the first to continue with a release knowing a game has some bugs. I have played more games this gen that had bugs / issues day one than those that didn't.

Maybe I should just stop buying video games.

Somebody write a letter.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 02-17-2012 at 17:23.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Sure, but it isn't the first buggy game they've released. I'm not sure here but there wasn't any indication that their track record was going to be broken in that aspect. If anyone had any reservations about the quality assurance aspect of the release, they probably should have waited to buy it.

Super Elite
    Well hopefully Bethesda will be able to roll many of the fixes into the engine, so the next Fallout is good from the off.

Fingers crossed it is, to be fair they have usually fixed the games up into a playable state and id be kidding my self to not buy the next fallout.

The only other game that had a game stopping bug was Assassins Creed 2, though 4 weeks later ubisoft managed to fix that bug.

PSN ID
    trellheim
    Sure, but it isn't the first buggy game they've released. I'm not sure here but there wasn't any indication that their track record was going to be broken in that aspect. If anyone had any reservations about the quality assurance aspect of the release, they probably should have waited to buy it.
    This^^^. Since Oblivion, I've not purchased, new or used, a single game from them. 15 years in tech - I hate bugs. Their bugs tend to really impact game play, so for my sanity, I avoid them. Nice to know buggy code can still be game of the year.

Superior Member
    i knew that bethesda had released skyrim unfinished after a few hours of playing it, so i sold it, and i will not be buying anymore more of there games, although i still love fallout 3, probably there best game of this gen.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by iToke View Post
    Have a character with a 14MB save file and it never got that bad. I could play 4 hours with a relaunch of the game in the middle of that time and it was more than bearable. Hell, I copped the platinum trophy before the latest patch. Think I would have done that if the game was practically unplayable?

Oh, so that game has issues too?

*yawn*

Games launch with issues. I'd bet the farm that Beth isn't the first to continue with a release knowing a game has some bugs. I have played more games this gen that had bugs / issues day one than those that didn't.

Maybe I should just stop buying video games.

Somebody write a letter.
    oh no, someone had some negatives to say about Skyrim. Everyone had the problem, the difference here was that some people chose to play through it compared to others and that's fine. But don't sit there and tell me you didn't have problems and you had a 14mb save file, I already call BS on that because this issue wasn't only on certain people o.O honest to pete.

Master Guru
    Hey now, I admitted that there were bugs. I had a broken quest line just like many others. God forbid someone doesn't want to act like it's the end of the world. Yeah, I had to save and relaunch after about 2 hours, it was clockwork ... walk right into Whiterun and it would get bad, at times it was worse than others. Was it nearly unplayable? No.

So no, I won't sit here and say I never had problems ... I'm not sure where you got that impression. My point; the lag wasn't a deal breaker for me. Wasn't a deal breaker for many. But, believe that ... 14MB save file and I was still moving right along. Believe it, because it's true. Did I suggest I didn't see lag? No, I admitted that I had and I admitted that I had to quit the game and relaunch just like others did.

Please don't take my post and try to turn it into something else. Maybe read it again? I acknowledged the game had issues, admitted the game wasn't perfect. But this whole, "I will never support them with my moneyz again! This is an outrage!" Yes, it sucks they went ahead and pushed the game knowing it had issues ... they aren't the first, that's a fact. I was simply saying this probably happens more often than people want to admit to ... and if we all stopped buying games because the last one they did had bugs, well, we wouldn't be playing video games.

Seems to be the theme of this gen. Push a game out, worry about squashing bugs down the line. Sorry, but it's true.

-edit-

And I know Bethesda has a poor track record in this regard, so if that is something you are aware of then maybe you need to reconsider buying the game. There is a reason they sling as many games as they do, there is a reason they have a faithful following. Fallout 3 had some insane bugs. Did that stop people from playing it? Nah.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 02-18-2012 at 17:58.

Thread Information