Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    DrSHREEVEERA

Exclamation Can I transfer Downloads n Demos from my Secondary PSN Account to my Vita US Account?

I have a Primary PSN Account since 2 Years which I use for playing games, Trophies and everything.

Since I live in INDIA, I opened an Indian PSN account 6 Months which I basically use to buy Stuff from the Store using my Credit Card since I have an Indian billing Address.
    What I do on my PS3 is PURCHASE Stuff with my Indian Account and Install it. And while playing I switch back to my US PSN Account and earn Trophies on it.

I am Planning to make my US Account as my Primary account on the PSVITA day one since I dont wanna lose all my trophies.

Is it possible for me to Purchase PSVITA Games using my Indian PSN account using my Credit card on the PS3, then Switch back to US PSN account(on my PS3) and Transfer the Game file to my PSVITA (with primary US PSN Account) ???

Please help me out guys coz I have a lot of games like HUSTLE KINGS which I have purchased with my Indian Store and Play on the US account to gain trophies.
    Since Sony has announced a free PSVITA version of Hustle Kings if I own it on the PS3.

Will I get to download it to my PSVITA with a different US account???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Depends on whether Vita supports multiple user accounts like the PS3 or not.

What's with the font sizes dude?
    You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Depends on whether Vita supports multiple user accounts like the PS3 or not.

What's with the font sizes dude?
    Think your only allowed one PSN account per vita so no multiple users :/

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yea its one account and then you gotta reset settings to put in a different account it sucks i know

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    DrSHREEVEERA
    Since on the Official PSVITA Guide it says that once a Game has been downloaded from the store all I need to do is Connect my vita to the PS3 with the same Account and transfer the game so it works on the VITA right.

Then why can't I use some logic and Download content from my Indian Account on the PS3, Switch back to the Primary account on the PS3 which my Vita has and boom Copy the game. Will it not work??
    Since I have seen that once I download a game from one PSN account, it automatically is visible on another PSN account on the PS3 before it is installed. Why shouldn't use this way to get around this Single Account gripe...

I'm absolutely not changing my primary account on my PSVITA. All I'm doing is switching to the primary account on the PS3 and Syncing it with the Vita after downloading the game from another account...

Please Help.

I can Use my INDIAN account as the Primary on my PSVITA, but that totally destroys all of my Trophies on my US account which I always use.
    This problem would have never risen only if Indian Account was available when I bought my PS3.
    I guess it's better for me to Buy the US PSN Cards to purchase via US account right... But then again there is this huge problem Coz I can't Purchase DLC coz all of my games would be EU, and DLC is region locked...
    This totally seems a Mess to me unless I part from my Beloved TROPHIES over a Period of 2 Years which I really can't let go so easily.
    Last edited by shreeveera_ps3; 02-17-2012 at 15:01.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    No dude, Vita only works with one account. If you want to use another account, you have to format the whole thing. Annoying? Pretty much, but it's all there is.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    I have no idea if your method would work (I doubt it). But I do know you have to have 1 memory card per account as your account is tied to your memory card. IGN has a few videos up about account switching and transferring games to the vita, which I would post but Im on my phone at the moment. Hopefully they may answer a few questions.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Just d/l the Vita games on the PS3 from whichever acc you prefer, then just transfer them to the Vita via USB.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Just d/l the Vita games on the PS3 from whichever acc you prefer, then just transfer them to the Vita via USB.
    You can't because they're also account linked (correct me if I'm wrong though).
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    I was able to do that for the PSP. Can't be sure about the Vita, though.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Yeah, that's why I'm doubtful about what you said. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but we better wait and see!
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    DrSHREEVEERA
    Hi Bro that would be Sweet!!!

Are you From INDIA??
    What;s your Primary PSN Account US,INDIAN or EU ??

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If you purchase the content from the India store, then try and transfer it to the US account, you probably will receive an authorization error.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Is the Vita out in India?

Just wondering

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    DrSHREEVEERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

Just wondering
    I have Pre-ordered and it will reach me on 22nd.
    Just want to finalize which Account I should use once it ships.

I shall lose all my Trophies tied to my PS3 Primary US Account if I use Indian account just to download DLC and Digital games like Escape Plan which looks Incredible.

16. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here's the deal...

You won't be able to buy content with your India account, and use it while logged into a US account, and vice versa. Furthermore, if you use your PS3 to buy the content and transfer to the Vita, you'll need to be logged into the same PSN account to transfer that content.

India PS3 acct > India Vita acct - check
    US PS3 acct > US Vita acct - check
    India PS3 acct> US Vita acct - NO
    US PS3 acct> India Vita acct - NO

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by shreeveera_ps3 View Post
    Hi Bro that would be Sweet!!!

Are you From INDIA??
    What;s your Primary PSN Account US,INDIAN or EU ??
    Made it when I used to live in the US. Have a separate Indian acc for purchases but.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

Just wondering
    All PS stuff is imported from Europe so I expect it to retail by 22-ish.

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    I was actually wondering about this myself. I think it would work for things that don't have a 'owner' attached to them. Like, if you click on something with the triangle button and select information, it will tell you the account owner for the item. Like, I live in the U.S. but I've purchased things from my Japanese PSN account. If I click on a bought game from the U.S. or Japan, the owner is listed. But if I click on something like AdHoc party ( I have both U.S. and JPN ), it does not have an owner listed. ( I'm guessing because it's free ) Also, many demos don't have owners.

So, I'm guessing.. if you -
    DL from JPN account - Switch to U.S. account on PS3 - Hook up Vita with U.S. account and transfer
    It would work for something that does not have an owner.

I don't think it would work for something that had an owner though.. Guess I'll find out Wednesday.
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    I'm sure you've all figured this out now, but I guess I'll update just for the people who haven't gotten theirs yet.

You can not download a demo from one account ( say a JPN account ) and then switch to your other account ( say U.S. ) on the PS3, and then try to transfer it to your U.S. account on the Vita. ( the Vita 'sees' it, but when you start the transfer, you get an error message that the demo is owned by another account.
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That doesn't work. I tried that with the Wipeout demo I downloaded with my European account.

Thread Information