Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    It's not an issue for me actually...I was just showing how it can be one for those with smaller screens.

One solution is to have the feedback tab appear for the first few minutes when a member first arrives on the site, after that it disappears (it should not happen every time a person refreshes or goes to a different page.) There should be a way for the user to bring it up when needed so when it first appears, it could have an arrow pointing to it's location, etc.

Or you could have it float towards the bottom of the site...not as annoying for people with lower resolutions.

That is if you guys want to keep it.

Most people have a computer that has the resolution of 1024x768....at least, at first I thought it wouldn't have been an issue, then I tested it and it was.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-20-2012 at 19:10.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's good and thanks for the messages from the Admins. I have a feeling Cuguy took my exaggerated post to get attention from admins a bit too personally, the mods always have worked hard and I wasn't there for the server move but before that whenever we had something to say it was out of the mods control and the admins would never direct keep in touch.

If that has changed.. which it seems it does given the replies in this thread that is good.

I dont' care honestly about the feedback bar Yes I have a smaller screen like Sainraja showed but if it's not a problem for others I guess it's ok ... just the lack of feedback/communication from admins about the sig blocking and the other issues before the server move.

Yes same as the first-second

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    On smaller screen sizes it can be a problem (like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024.)

Here is a screenshot of the forum in 800x600:

1024:

1280:

It's not so much a problem if you have a 1280x1024 desktop etc. Somewhat of a problem in 1024x768....
    Last edited by Firefox; 02-20-2012 at 19:25.

Forum Sage
    Ignore my previous screenshot for 1280, I think one of the images on the page was expanded, which is why the feedback button is close to the content area. People with 1280x1024 won't have the feedback bar getting in the way....

Here is an updated screenshot of what a 1280x1024 screen will look like:

But people with 800x600 or 1024x768 will still have some issues with the feedback button.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-20-2012 at 20:24.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Use the superior Liquid style to fix that problem!

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Soldier 95B
    Thank you for the subtle, barely noticeable feedback tab admins. I am glad you take our feedback serious, and I am also glad you have went to great lengths to help us help you provide feedback and improve the site...which I visit FREE everyday!

Master Sage
    Soldier95B I know you hate people who give feedback but at least try to understand thecomplaint for goodness sake it covered mostly everything. It's like you didn't even bother to see the pictures.

Thanks for the tip Vintage. + rep though I wish I didnt' need to do that oh well.
    Last edited by Firefox; 02-20-2012 at 23:34.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Soldier95B I know you hate people who give feedback but at least try to understand thecomplaint for goodness sake it covered mostly everything. It's like you didn't even bother to see the pictures.
    I never said people didn't experience issues. smh

Forum Sage
    @Vintage - it's still an issue on smaller screens that are 800x600. Things like iPad, netbooks etc.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, really, they can't support EVERYTHING.

Soldier 95B
    I see no tab on tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, really, they can't support EVERYTHING.
    They can.

It's just a matter of who they want to cater to and who they don't. We're just pointing it out....it's up to them to listen. I don't see the problem.

What I am about to say doesn't necessarily apply here (since we have apps like tapatalk that do a good job of it) although it wouldn't hurt to have, that may be up to the forum software though. Anyhow, many sites are moving towards having a responsive design that changes based on the device the user is on.

Here is an example:
    http://colly.com/

Go to the above site and change the size of your window and see how the site responds.

It's quite interesting.

EDIT

We're just talking about a button to the side here so, they can easily come up with a different solution for it but as I said, it's up to them. No one is forcing it...and Mr. B already said that he's looking for solutions for it, etc.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-21-2012 at 02:17.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm saying with the features they are using, they can't possible support everything. That's a fact.

Forum Sage
    Not really. They could easily solve the problem of where the button appears by applying responsive design. The entire site does not need to adjust, only the placement of the button.

EDIT

My comment regarding vbulletin only has to do with site wide changes which wasn't what I was asking for though....I was just bringing it up as I think it's interesting and I figured the site owners may be familiar with the concept enough to maybe consider some aspects from it, like with the button placement.
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-21-2012 at 02:30.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Honestly we have a Feedback section for a reason, First you block us from seeing sigs when we aren't signed in on other devices and now this.

Who runs the decisions on this site honestly? The fact that there is a feedback bar tells me that person hasn't responded to member feedback in this section in the first place.
    Also I think we can view sigs while offline now, atleast I can anyways under firefox

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    EDIT: Disregard :P

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Thing that always annoys me is i always click on it whilst scrolling .

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I never said people didn't experience issues. smh
    A few months ago you said to stop giving feedback in another thread. Sorry if I misunderstood intentions. No need to shake your head at me.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Also I think we can view sigs while offline now, atleast I can anyways under firefox
    Yeah, I mentioned this in the server bug thread. I was hoping Firefox would read it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    I don't know what people are using to view the site that the feedback tab is so obstructive to their viewing, but I would think a little tab like that would be a minor annoyance at the most. At my work station/home laptop, I have the 10-whatever x whatever the resolution is (I'm not very technical lol. They're wide screens), but I mostly view from my mobile, and I'm using the opera browser, and get to view everything just fine.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Soldier 95B
    A few months ago you said to stop giving feedback in another thread. Sorry if I misunderstood intentions. No need to shake your head at me.
    Um, feedback is important. It is what helps make the site evolve and improve.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Thing that always annoys me is i always click on it whilst scrolling .
    Wait a minute, i disregarded this when Mankind wrote it but it seems like there are really people left on the net that drag the scrollbar to scroll down!?
    OldSchool as $#@!!

22. Likes RaY_210 , F34R likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Wait a minute, i disregarded this when Mankind wrote it but it seems like there are really people left on the net that drag the scrollbar to scroll down!?
    OldSchool as $#@!!
    Well, I did use the word "whilst". I use my laptop so I have to scroll. If I'm on my tablet, I obviously just flip my fingers like a bamf, but psu doesn't format well on the tablet so if I'm on it's usually on my laptop. I am serous though. I click it 5 or 6 times a night by accident and it brings up the box etc. Super annoying.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Thread Information