Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Feedback? Get rid of the Ugly Feedback bar!

Honestly we have a Feedback section for a reason, First you block us from seeing sigs when we aren't signed in on other devices and now this.

Who runs the decisions on this site honestly? The fact that there is a feedback bar tells me that person hasn't responded to member feedback in this section in the first place.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I don't know what bar you're talking about

Take a chill pill bro.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I agree, it is annoying. I go do scroll down with my mouse and I click it by accident.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

Super Elite
    The "related articles" side bar also needs to be fixed as it interferes with the Quick Reply text box at the bottom in more ways than one.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    I don't know what bar you're talking about

Take a chill pill bro.
    It's not about caring or not caring about things that happen.. it's just that we've had feedback which can only be addressed by admins..ignored by whoever administers this site (no idea who I don't even think the mods know) and those very people now put a feedback bar.

The person probably doesn't even know we have a feedback section. I mean have you ever seen anyone higher up than mods who actually do these things address any feedback the past few months where everything was changing? Answer: No.

Though I seem ranty.. I am a relaxed dude but I do just like to point things out often.

Whether they address the various concerns directly as admins I don't really care but it's better to put it out there at least isn't it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Install Adblock plus http://adblockplus.org/en/
    Ctrl+Shift+F
    Click "Add filter" top right
    Paste this exactly as its shown
    Code:
    |http://www.psu.com/modules/feedback.php
    Click close
    Refresh page

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    @FF
    Sure it is.
    My experiences were alittle bit different though, every issue i ever had was resolved sooner or later.
    Im sure they will get rid of this thing soon.

@Inzane2050 I had problems with this bar too!
    You can disable it in "General Settings" -> "Thread display settings".

Ultimate Veteran
    My solution was to block it with Adblock on my computer and on my mobile devices I just use Tapatalk so I don't have to live with that thing.
    Other opinions are available.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    It's a tiny little rectangle. It's hardly intrusive.

It's actually a handy little feature that tells us what page you're on and what exactly the bug is and it gets sent straight to the people that can fix it. You want us to make the site better, and we are.

=)

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Are we talking about the feedback tab on the right?

Didn't notice that it was there before now. I find it unobtrusive. I am using the fixed PSU style though.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    You must have missed the entire server move bug forum because the admins have been responding to member feedback. But I see no reason to cry over a feature that makes it easier for them to pinpoint and fix bugs. If you feel this section of the forums is in danger of disappearing then, by all means, use it. It's not going anywhere. Especially when we have plenty of suggestions not related to bugs that can be posted here (much like this thread ironically).
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Ultimate Veteran
    The purpose of it is good. But it would be better if one could invoke it somehow when needed instead of it always being there. Perhaps a button in the navigation bar?
    Other opinions are available.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    If you can't live that feedback tab, because that's all it is, a tab, not a bar, then you need to really question what is actually acceptable.

There's no harm in it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    I noticed that it has an option to suggest features. I would rather see it used to report bugs. The rest can be posted in this section of the forums since community feedback on that type of stuff is important. But that's just my opinion.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I give this thread 100% success in irony.

17. Likes Inzane2050 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    Remember, not everyone who uses the site comes into the forums, so we needed a way for them give feedback--errors or suggestions. As for the issues with the Related News Sidebar, please do put in an error request so we can address it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I don't know what site Firefox is visiting, but I make regular updates and address the concerns of the members.

The coders, site programmers, they do work for multiple websites, they are not forum users. At least not regular enough to sift through ONLY PSU's feedback. Remember, beyond the forums is a business. The guys who own PSU do work for others as well. That is why we wanted a much better way than a forum to manage and track bugs. Also remember that PSU isn't JUST forums, it is a site. That feedback tab is site wide. Whatever page you are on when you see a bug, that page gets reported along with your description. That is then logged into tracking software until its completion.

In all honesty, I don't even know the tab is there most of the time. And to go along with DC on this... if you seriously have this tab to complain about, something that HELPS the site, then it is time to breathe a little.
    LMAO

Administrator
    Just to clarify the feedback tab a bit better, what you have to realize is that tab (as Vintage said) reports the page you're visiting and gives us more debug info about the issue. When people post problems in forums, they regularly do not give enough information.

As Adam said - this is also designed to allow non-members to report bugs. There are immense numbers of people who just come here to read the news, and generally they have been emailing in suggestions / bugs to whoever they can find. This centralizes that.

Finally, the key is that it goes directly into the project management software we use (Called Pivotal Tracker) so its all right there when the guys dive it to do bug fixes. It allows us to assign priority, have a bit of debug info tracked, and get estimations of how much fixes might push back bigger projects (such as the server move).

As for the Forums, as Cuguy said - he's definitely on top of monitoring that. If there are bugs there, then he (or any of the other staff that catch them) can throw them directly into Pivotal.

The forums are a great place where we can have some back and forth on issues, and we can ask questions when they aren't clear. So its really great to have two spots where we can get feedback from you guys.

Finally, having the ability to hide it isn't the biggest deal either. Actually, if you could click the 'feedback' tab, and suggest a feature where you can easily disable the tab in your settings - we'll add that feature as soon as we're able.

One last point (promise) - do also note that we can't address every single issue. Most of the resources we have to use on the site were put towards fixing the performance issues. We've been at that for months now... it was a massive PITA but is finally resolved.

So you'll see some bug fixing come 'round a touch more often now.

21. Likes Fenix , F34R likes this post
    Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I did not even notice that feedback bar till now.

23. Likes dc89 likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I like the feedback bar. A nice simple way to report issues when we come across them.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I like the feedback bar. A nice simple way to report issues when we come across them.
    The nicest thing about it is, the feedback is select-able between features requested or bugs found. AND it goes straight to the people who can address it.
    LMAO

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    The nicest thing about it is, the feedback is select-able between features requested or bugs found. AND it goes straight to the people who can address it.
    Yeah, it's really nice. With this feedback bar and the feedback section on the forums, there's no reason people should say their voices aren't being heard. Not that there was a legitimate reason to say that before.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I don't know what site Firefox is visiting, but I make regular updates and address the concerns of the members.

The coders, site programmers, they do work for multiple websites, they are not forum users. At least not regular enough to sift through ONLY PSU's feedback. Remember, beyond the forums is a business. The guys who own PSU do work for others as well. That is why we wanted a much better way than a forum to manage and track bugs. Also remember that PSU isn't JUST forums, it is a site. That feedback tab is site wide. Whatever page you are on when you see a bug, that page gets reported along with your description. That is then logged into tracking software until its completion.

In all honesty, I don't even know the tab is there most of the time. And to go along with DC on this... if you seriously have this tab to complain about, something that HELPS the site, then it is time to breathe a little.
    On smaller screen sizes it can be a problem (like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024.)

Here is a screenshot of the forum in 800x600:

1024:

1280:

It's not so much a problem if you have a 1280x1024 desktop etc. Somewhat of a problem in 1024x768....
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-20-2012 at 19:02.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I experience the same problem as sainraja.

Thread Information