Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Wow!!!!!!unbelievable after Sony said motion sensor games didn't add anything to the gaming experience now they're jumping on the band wagon. Say good bye to move I gauranty that Sony will no longer support it.
    Kinect was PS Move's competitor. Of course Sony is going to talk it up as such until they have their own Kinect-like device.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

2. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I think MOVE could have been more successful if Sony had did what Microsoft did. Advertise the $#@! out of it, and release MOVE only games. They are spending $50 million on Vita advertising in North America....they should have done that with Move at the start as well. The potential is the same as Kinect, so the sales could be the same. They just need to market it better. There is still 5 years left on the PS3, so they can still bring Move to the forefront.

4. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I think MOVE could have been more successful if Sony had did what Microsoft did. Advertise the $#@! out of it, and release MOVE only games. They are spending $50 million on Vita advertising in North America....they should have done that with Move at the start as well. The potential is the same as Kinect, so the sales could be the same. They just need to market it better. There is still 5 years left on the PS3, so they can still bring Move to the forefront.
    I still haven't seen any Vita commercials besides the Taco Bell one.

Super Elite
    $50 million for advertising is still a joke, I want to point out. hehe
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wow!!!!!!unbelievable after Sony said motion sensor games didn't add anything to the gaming experience now they're jumping on the band wagon. Say good bye to move I gauranty that Sony will no longer support it.
    They were already on the band wagon with EyeToy way before Kinect was even being made.

And no, Sony won't ditch Move, specific games NEED buttons which is exactly what Sony have said plenty of times, they know the limits of handsfree gaming because they did it before.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

8. Likes Ghost , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    $50 million for advertising is still a joke, I want to point out. hehe
    Sony are quite dumb as $#@! when it comes to advertising. They need to steal Apple's concept and just show 2 hands on a Vita and games being played with psvita clearly on the screen somewhere. So simple and will get the point across.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

10. Likes Ghost , F34R likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony are quite dumb as $#@! when it comes to advertising. They need to steal Apple's concept and just show 2 hands on a Vita and games being played with psvita clearly on the screen somewhere. So simple and will get the point across.
    Sony are doing great! Just keep with the patents and keep the money racking in.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Agreed. Maybe Paul Naber was on to something when he said this:

“I’m convinced that Move for Sony is, what we call, fudding. Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. They don’t give a $#@! about Move, but it takes the wind out of Kinect’s sails, or it could. Exactly the same as we did with HDDVD and Blu-Ray. When people are unsure of a new technology, they won’t get on board. And that doesn’t bother them as far as Move is concerned, because they don’t care about it anyway.”
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/07/...-move-ms-exec/
    Or maybe not...Just his opinion but sony's actions make you wonder.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-21-2012 at 01:36.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Or maybe not...Just his opinion but sony's actions make you wonder.
    Move has been in a lot of their exclusive games so I don't know where he got that idea from.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

14. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yeah pretty much, if they didn't give a $#@! it wouldn't be supported in over half of Sony's games these days.

The Move has sold massive amounts and has done amazingly well, but like with the PSP, people always have to compare it to the competition which is doing better and make it out to be a flop.

16. Likes Ghost , TEJ2025, HellsJester likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Move has been in a lot of their exclusive games so I don't know where he got that idea from.
    Move isn't getting the support from third party developers like Kinect and that's where Sonynis losing the most. @ Aaron Soldier ...I've seen this type of behavior from Sony before whenever there is a ot new format the other becomes expendable.
    Last edited by The Sith; 02-21-2012 at 02:51.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Superior Member
    Move isn't getting the support from third party developers like Kinect and that's where Sonynis losing the most. @ Aaron Soldier ...I've seen this type of behavior from Sony before whenever there is a ot new format the other becomes expendable.
    We can excluded demographics to make either our sides better. You can't just take out a portion of the market like it doesn't exist.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's being used in Bioshock Infinite. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it's way into Aliens: Colonial Marines, Borderlands 2 and any other of Gearbox's games seeing as Randy Pitchford was quoted saying he lovesMove and wouldlike to have it in his games. It is being used in the new Ninja Gaiden, Counter Strike, Dust 514...I think that is pretty good support IMO.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    swordfish64
    An updated PSEye with Move functionality would be great. It could be backward compatible with current PS Move games and offer some better functionality for future ones. I hope we see this PSEye upgrade this generation on the PS three. I always thought the best motion gaming setup would be to combine the Moves one to one tracking and buttons with a more advanced kinect style camera and this looks like what Sony will be delivering. With Richard Marks being behind the design, Im sure it will be first class and will integrate perfectly with the Move controller.

Superior Member
    This is very interesting, I'll be keeping my eye on further news.
    What I would really like for the PS3 is voice control like Kinect, I think that would come in very useful for navigating.

Greatness Awaits

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I still haven't seen any Vita commercials besides the Taco Bell one.
    Last night I saw two new Vita commercials. They were both well done.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Those are move supported games which is nice, but where are all the original move-only games they talked about creating. They really haven't given us much.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Sports Champions, DanceStar Party, Carnival Island, Move Fitness, The Fight, The Shoot, Medieval Moves, Start The Party etc.

Sure there's nothing dozens but maybe we should be happy that Sony aren't putting all their eggs into the Move basket.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Why bother? I honestly dont see any innovations from Sony here like the article says just copying things to make a quick buck, and failing.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sports Champions, DanceStar Party, Carnival Island, Move Fitness, The Fight, The Shoot, Medieval Moves, Start The Party etc.

Sure there's nothing dozens but maybe we should be happy that Sony aren't putting all their eggs into the Move basket.
    I never said there weren't any. . Is there even a follow up to any of those? Where is all the third party support they said was coming back in 2010?

Dedicated Member
    I think you meant 3D "PlayStationEye".A hope this casual gaming and motion sensing crap does not spill over to next generation.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Why bother? I honestly dont see any innovations from Sony here like the article says just copying things to make a quick buck, and failing.
    How are they copying something that was out on the PS2 first? Only fail here is your comment.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    How are they copying something that was out on the PS2 first? Only fail here is your comment.
    Well, the PS2 got the idea from PC

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Well, the PS2 got the idea from PC
    I was about to make a witty remark but that ass made me forget. Damnit.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I never said there weren't any. . Is there even a follow up to any of those? Where is all the third party support they said was coming back in 2010?
    Those are move supported games which is nice, but where are all the original move-only games they talked about creating. They really haven't given us much.
    First you talked about Move only games being created by Sony now you change that to 3rd party. There's plenty of Move only games from both.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Nah EyeToy never existed, at least that's what people like to think.

32. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information