Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

Update on my daughter (newborn 2/17)

I think I mentioned in shout that my daughter was born on 2/17..don't remember when..but here's an 'update' so to speak:

She was somewhat OK after c-section, but had to be kept in nursery because her respiratory rate was high..so under an oxy-hood...
    By the evening of the 18th, her RR (respiratory rate) had increased and the doctor wasn't pleased, so he had her transported to a Neo-Natal ICU unit that's about an hour away from home..and that's where she's been since. She went up around 8pm Saturday night, and I followed per my wife wanting me to go on and be with her..and slept in the hosp waiting room...
    It's been exhausting as hell these past couple of days, and this was our first day home since she was born...

I've already been up twice since we went to bed at 9pm and calling the NICU ..3 phone calls to them since last night. Good report, she's done fine through the night -- oxygen is down to 23% and the hood can come off if she gets to 21%. I'll try to post later if I can get a chance from the Parenting lounge inside the NICU unit.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think your daughter will be fine, relax and try to stop thinking about her. Im pretty sure it will go down to 21% and everything is going to be absolutely fine.

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Glad to hear that things are starting to look up.

Once it gets to the point where they can take the hood off, then she is pretty much in the clear. This stuff is pretty common, so don't worry too much about it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

4. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Praying for your daughter, and congratulations!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't worry man, I've heard similar things from friend's and it always turns out well. These kinds of things are far more common than we all think and far less dangerous if treated on time than we think as well. Cheer up! You'll see things will be all right.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Wasn't aware of you and your partner's child being born so congratulations.

Good stuff to read that things are getting better. Sure she'll be fine

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    We had decided already on a name when we found out the sex back in like, November..

Reagan Nichole.

She was 5lb 12oz, 17.5" long.

She came off the Oxy-hood yesterday by the time we had got to the hospital, and I just called NICU to check, and she's already off of the IV fluids and feeding on 30cc of milk. She has to be on 40cc to go home, and has to been feeding for 72hours before she can be released. So at this rate, we MIGHT be home with her by Saturday!
    It's looking pretty positive...

I had a son that was in NICU for 13 days back in 2004...he had some major problems...but this little girl is pretty resilient and isn't following brother's path of slow improvement. she's on a fasttrack and coming up quickly.

Today we'll get to see her be put in a crib, and off of the warmer.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

9. Likes The Black Wolf, Kwes likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    We had decided already on a name when we found out the sex back in like, November..

Reagan Nichole.

She was 5lb 12oz, 17.5" long.

She came off the Oxy-hood yesterday by the time we had got to the hospital, and I just called NICU to check, and she's already off of the IV fluids and feeding on 30cc of milk. She has to be on 40cc to go home, and has to been feeding for 72hours before she can be released. So at this rate, we MIGHT be home with her by Saturday!
    It's looking pretty positive...

I had a son that was in NICU for 13 days back in 2004...he had some major problems...but this little girl is pretty resilient and isn't following brother's path of slow improvement. she's on a fasttrack and coming up quickly.

Today we'll get to see her be put in a crib, and off of the warmer.

That's good to hear, glad she is doing well. And congrats on your little girl.

Thread Information