Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    bucho2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Nice shots, Nitey. Hope your all enjoying them! I'm gonna' hold off for a year or so or until there are a few games that I actually want on the system.
    wow! i wish i had that sort of willpower myself to stop myself from buying it now. unfortunetley my urge for vita was too strong, iam loving it so far! was loving uncharted, but iam more blown away by psn games like super stardust, motorstorm rc, and mutant attack blobs, so cheap, yet so good!
    i would encourage everyone to try these games.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian uk View Post
    wow! i wish i had that sort of willpower myself to stop myself from buying it now. unfortunetley my urge for vita was too strong, iam loving it so far! was loving uncharted, but iam more blown away by psn games like super stardust, motorstorm rc, and mutant attack blobs, so cheap, yet so good!
    i would encourage everyone to try these games.
    Same. The lower priced games on PSN are fantastic and just pure fun - I hope Sony keeps them coming at that price point

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Just started up Lumines and god it looks lush, sounds awesome too. Love this thing!

Master Poster
    I just got The Escape Plan, it's very good and fun

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I downloaded the code to get Super Stardust Delta for free and I thought "oh I'll delete the demo" but I might of just deleted the game >_< downloaded stardust again and it just says Trial Version and I dont know how to get the full version again. can't put the code in again as it'll show up as being used already.

bugger.

edit: never mind im just being 'special'.
    Last edited by Sylar; 02-23-2012 at 20:08.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I downloaded the code to get Super Stardust Delta for free and I thought "oh I'll delete the demo" but I might of just deleted the game >_< downloaded stardust again and it just says Trial Version and I dont know how to get the full version again. can't put the code in again as it'll show up as being used already.

bugger.

edit: never mind im just being 'special'.
    Check on your download list on your vita

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    It's all good man I got the 5 off such a good game!

Just played wipeout 2048, i swear it's the best handheld game I've ever played! Looks and sounds insane

Elite Guru
    It's all good man I got the 5 off such a good game!

Just played wipeout 2048, i swear it's the best handheld game I've ever played! Looks and sounds insane
    Was doing a time trial and kept missing it by 0.5 seconds, was so engulfed in the experience that I forgot to put the charger in (despite being notified that the system was low on battery 40~ mins before) and then suddenly the power went

It's a surreal experience for sure. It handles so well too, despite being 30fps - smooth as butter

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's all good man I got the 5 off such a good game! Just played wipeout 2048, i swear it's the best handheld game I've ever played! Looks and sounds insane
    I'm buying that game tomorrow. Playing Uncharted right now.

Master Poster
    Did anyone get a code with their AR cards?, mine doesn't work

Elite Guru
    You just reminded me with your post. I tried and it worked - it's just a code for the 3 AR games which you can find on the store anyway. I press next and it says invalid code or something. But it definitely prompts the 3 AR games. Weird

Some random thoughts/findings-

Anyone else find that the volume through headphones is kinda weak? It's fine at 75% and above, but anything below around 60 is so quiet. Maybe I'm just mildly deaf, but there definitely feels like a big drop off in volume which is whack

The keyboard is reaaaally good, I hardly ever make any mistakes. Feels better than my S2's android keyboard. The auto correct, or lack of, is apparent though, but regardless, it feels very good to the touch. The physical buttons are just a dream, the clicky feeling of them is just perfect.. I'm not really a fan of the shoulder buttons though. I think I may have a faulty system as they seem to require more of a press than what seems...normal, especially L1. Would like to know if other people feel the same way

At first, I thought the travel of the analogs would be way too short to work well in shooters, but, once you get used to them they're just fantastic. They're very reactive and smooth. They respond to the smallest inputs which is why I believe they're very good. Once your hands are accustomed to the device and you're holding it 'right', they'll be second nature

Regarding battery life. It's pretty much on par with what people have been saying on sites/blogs. I can get a good 4.5-5~hours out of it on about 50% brightness and mid-high volume. You get the battery low notification about 40~ mins before the system dies. I don't know if having apps running whilst playing games makes a difference or not but I usually have music player and friends open. Pro tip: It is probably best to plug in the charger (if possible) shortly after you get the notice that it's low, to ensure seamless gaming. Otherwise the system needs to charge up a bit until it can be switched on again (after battery is depleted)

I love the display even moreso now when I realised it's still so useable on the lowest brightness

Near is pretty neat! Got a different cue (or something) for Hustle Kings as a gift on it earlier. God knows how or why, but I did, lol

Lastly, WipEout is $#@!ing BEAST! Enjoying it a lot more than HD/Fury to be honest

Some pics:

Can't take in-game screenshots in WipEout, so hence the camera pics of Zone mode. That mode makes my eyes orgasm! It's spectacular. The last two shots are photo mode which is equally awesome. Makes me want Gran Turismo Vita - I'm sure we'll get it some time year down the line

TL;DR: Love it. WipEout rocks

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    You just reminded me with your post. I tried and it worked - it's just a code for the 3 AR games which you can find on the store anyway. I press next and it says invalid code or something. But it definitely prompts the 3 AR games. Weird

Some random thoughts/findings-

Anyone else find that the volume through headphones is kinda weak? It's fine at 75% and above, but anything below around 60 is so quiet. Maybe I'm just mildly deaf, but there definitely feels like a big drop off in volume which is whack

The keyboard is reaaaally good, I hardly ever make any mistakes. Feels better than my S2's android keyboard. The auto correct, or lack of, is apparent though, but regardless, it feels very good to the touch. The physical buttons are just a dream, the clicky feeling of them is just perfect.. I'm not really a fan of the shoulder buttons though. I think I may have a faulty system as they seem to require more of a press than what seems...normal, especially L1. Would like to know if other people feel the same way

At first, I thought the travel of the analogs would be way too short to work well in shooters, but, once you get used to them they're just fantastic. They're very reactive and smooth. They respond to the smallest inputs which is why I believe they're very good. Once your hands are accustomed to the device and you're holding it 'right', they'll be second nature

Regarding battery life. It's pretty much on par with what people have been saying on sites/blogs. I can get a good 4.5-5~hours out of it on about 50% brightness and mid-high volume. You get the battery low notification about 40~ mins before the system dies. I don't know if having apps running whilst playing games makes a difference or not but I usually have music player and friends open. Pro tip: It is probably best to plug in the charger (if possible) shortly after you get the notice that it's low, to ensure seamless gaming. Otherwise the system needs to charge up a bit until it can be switched on again (after battery is depleted)

I love the display even moreso now when I realised it's still so useable on the lowest brightness

Near is pretty neat! Got a different cue (or something) for Hustle Kings as a gift on it earlier. God knows how or why, but I did, lol

Lastly, WipEout is $#@!ing BEAST! Enjoying it a lot more than HD/Fury to be honest

Some pics:

Can't take in-game screenshots in WipEout, so hence the camera pics of Zone mode. That mode makes my eyes orgasm! It's spectacular. The last two shots are photo mode which is equally awesome. Makes me want Gran Turismo Vita - I'm sure we'll get it some time year down the line

TL;DR: Love it. WipEout rocks
    I see, yeah that's what it said when i entered the code..

anyways

I agree with everything you said, and yes L and R are kinda hard to press

and nice screeshots

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    it would be nice if the went back to using dual air brake for r1 as an option I only have a bit of trouble the left lol but I don't use the stick to steer

Sent from my galaxy nexus using my finger
    New member of the PS4 club

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Thanks man, feels like launch day of the PSP all over again.

Turns out the Vita can't find hidden SSID's. Kinda lame. Atleast I still have locked Mac addresses.
    Isn't that the point of hidinh your SSID? I entered the SSID by hand and mine connects just fine. Still a good idea to lock down access by MAC of course.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Was doing a time trial and kept missing it by 0.5 seconds, was so engulfed in the experience that I forgot to put the charger in (despite being notified that the system was low on battery 40~ mins before) and then suddenly the power went

It's a surreal experience for sure. It handles so well too, despite being 30fps - smooth as butter
    Haha yeh some of the trials are tough, I kept missing 1 second off plat, I normally would've gotten angry but I was enjoying it too much! But yeh the frame rate and speed of the game is amazing, also the music! wow.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm buying that game tomorrow. Playing Uncharted right now.
    It's definitely worth it man

16. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Superior Member
    I've been trying out 'near' today, it's quite cool. I took the Vita from home into work with me, and whaddya know, I've come across 7 other active near accounts already, not bad for a 15km trip on day 3 of release!

Top 5 Games being played are:
    1. Welcome Park
    2. Rayman Origins
    3. Motorstorm RC
    4. Asphalt: Injection
    5. FIFA

Uncharted is at number 6.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Mine finally arrived yesterday, I've redeemed my pre-order order code and selected Escape Plan but so far I've only recieved an e-mail with the Home $#@! and the avatar. How long did it take for you guys to receive it?

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Mine finally arrived yesterday, I've redeemed my pre-order order code and selected Escape Plan but so far I've only recieved an e-mail with the Home $#@! and the avatar. How long did it take for you guys to receive it?
    My code turned up a little while after the other stuff, maybe an hour or two

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHotepUK View Post
    I've been trying out 'near' today, it's quite cool. I took the Vita from home into work with me, and whaddya know, I've come across 7 other active near accounts already, not bad for a 15km trip on day 3 of release!

Top 5 Games being played are:
    1. Welcome Park
    2. Rayman Origins
    3. Motorstorm RC
    4. Asphalt: Injection
    5. FIFA

Uncharted is at number 6.
    It's sweet isn't it. Mine has populated quite a lot since launch. It's like 30 odd and the Vita hasn't even left the house

Nabbed some gifts too

My WiFi model always pinpoints exactly where I'm at too, door number and all. Even my phone strays slightly off point through WiFi
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-24-2012 at 17:05.

Superior Member
    It's sweet isn't it. Mine has populated quite a lot since launch. It's like 30 odd and the Vita hasn't even left the house

Nabbed some gifts too

My WiFi model always pinpoints exactly where I'm at too, door number and all. Even my phone strays slightly off point through WiFi
    Just checked, I've get a new challenge for Rayman now - thanks TomOVG whoever you are!

The WiFi GPS is really good, it put me about 10m from where I should be, which is very good (though I do have about 15 WiFi access points in the area thanks neighbours!). I did consider the 3G version as that has the accurate GPS module, but I think for most purposes the WiFi GPS is going to be fine.

Loving the Vita - can't stop fiddling with it

22. Likes Nitey likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Managed to finally top up 5 on my SIM and the accuracy of the GPS is uncanny, going to be VERY useful for when I head to London in the next few weeks. Haven't received my WipEout code though.

Edit: Got my code 2 hours ago and I'm now finally playing WipEout 2048... YAY!

24. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's all good man I got the 5 off such a good game! Just played wipeout 2048, i swear it's the best handheld game I've ever played! Looks and sounds insane
    I agree. I just bought it today and it is definitely awesome.

Master Poster
    Here are some screenshots i took with my Vita

27. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I love the art design on Rayman Origins, I would buy it on the Vita but I've already got it on the 360. What's Asphalt Injection like?

Master Poster
    I love the art design on Rayman Origins, I would buy it on the Vita but I've already got it on the 360. What's Asphalt Injection like?
    Rayman is a great game and it suits the ps vita very well

Asphalt Injection is actually fun.. kinda like ridge racer mixed with NFS in a way

Thread Information