Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Have a question? Look here first!

Q1: I am seeing black splotches in my screen, mostly during loading screens.
    A1: This is a normal part of OLED technology. OLED's may in some cases exhibit slightly darker regions. Because the darker regions are only visible when viewing the black screen in a very dark environment, they will not interfere with general use/gameplay. Most importantly, they don't change over time and are typical for this generation of OLED material. They in no way indicate a problem or defective screen.

Q2: My downloads stop when I put my system into Sleep Mode.
    A2: This is an error in the firmware. If you manually switch the PSV to sleep, the download progression will stop. HOWEVER, if you let it go to sleep on its own, it will continue downloading. Hopefully, this error will be resolved in the next firmware update.

Q3: My screen freezes up after awakening while charging.
    A3: Also an error in the firmware. To avoid this, Switch your PSV to off while charging, OR unplug your charger before awakening the PSV from its sleep. Additionally, if you are already affected by the problem, press and hold the POWER button for 15 seconds, and it will cycle you to the main menu screen.

Q4: My network features keep getting disabled when playing games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
    A4: This is normal. Some games use a relatively large amount of data and memory, so the network features need to be disabled while playing to prevent lag, crashing, or other problems with the system during use. However, if you press the PS button to return to LiveArea, your network features will be re-enabled until you return to the game.

Q5: I have a stuck/dead pixel.
    A5: This is probably the only serious error in which the hardware is at fault. In this case, contact Sony or your place of purchase and return it for a new system.

Q6: Even during sleep, my PS button stays a glowing blue.
    A6: This means you have a notification or pending download. To get it to go away, check your messages, friend requests, and active downloads, and take care of them accordingly.

Q7: When I first charge my Vita after it dies, the orange PS charge light flashes instead of glowing steady.
    A7: This is normal. The flashing orange light indicates the PSV doesn't yet have enough power to start up. The light will return to glowing a steady orange when it is about 10-15% charged.

Q8: My system does not power off normally/not at all.
    A8: The proper way to shut down your PSV is to press and hold the power button for 2 seconds, and press "Shut Down" when the drop menu appears. You may have some difficulties shutting down the system properly if you have multiple programs running, or your Game Access Indicator is blinking (This is located next to your gamecard- it will flash orange), Please make sure you close all programs and stop all downloads before turning off your PSV.

Q9: My Near location is WAY off.
    A9: Performing a factory reset is a known fix for this issue. A factory reset will not delete any of your data, just the trophies saved on your PSV. Make sure you sync your trophies to your PSN account before doing a factory reset. After re-playing your games, your trophies will re-appear on your PSV.

Q10: Apps not in the store, including AR (Augmented Reality) games.
    A10: The Apps will not be realsed until the PSV's official release date, Feburary 22nd. Until then, apps such as Facebook and Netflix won't be available. This also goes for the AR (Augmented Reality) games which go with the included AR cards.

Q11: Some PSP games aren't appearing in the Playstation Store on my PSV.
    A11: Only some 275 PSP titles are available for direct download onto the PSV. However, more titles can be downloaded and transfered over to the PSV via the PS3's Store, in which all titles are available.

Q12: The rear touch-pad has stopped working.
    This is another firmware issue. Restarting the PSV should fix the problem.

Q13: Im having another type of issue in which my device is acting strange or wont turn off/taking a long time to turn off.
    A13: Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. A menu should pop up with different recovery options. In these types of cases, resetting will fix most issues.

Q14: My PSV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
    A14: Many are having this issue, and how to resolve it varies from person to person and router to router. Some say changing the Wi-Fi type will resolve the issue, such as changing it from WPK2 to WEP. More say that changing the channel bandwith (or channel itself) will also resolve the issue. If the bandwith is set to 20MHz, change it to 40MHz and re-connect. Others say portforwarding will resolve the issue as well. You can port forward by accessing your router settings, just make sure your router is configured properly according to your ISP type. Do Not port to '80' or '53'. The problem varies upon router and current settings, so some may have to mess with their settings, while others will have to wait until the PSV gets an update for improved wireless compatability.
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-22-2012 at 05:02.

Forum Guru
    nice post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Very helpful, I'm sure I'll have some of these questions tomorrow ><

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Bookmarked in case I run into any of these when I get my Vita.

Thanks!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    does the USB cable come with the standard wifi model (not bundle?) i really couldnt find straight answers anywhere) (its proprietary Sony connection B to USB A right?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    The cable does come in the box, it also doubles as your charger

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Superior Member
    Is there any way to get PC music/video content onto the Vita by pushing it from the PC, rather than having to select the files on the Vita & then copying them?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHotepUK View Post
    Is there any way to get PC music/video content onto the Vita by pushing it from the PC, rather than having to select the files on the Vita & then copying them?
    researching now...

also... is there anyway to keep it from going into sleep mode permanently... it just has 1, 3, and 5 minutes... under power save features... i like to keep that sucker glowing while its plugged in transferring.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Master Guru
    Well i do have one but its not listed here,i cannot log into maps cause its giving me an "error" of age restriction.How do i change that :/

PS Didn't set up any psn acc is this the prob?
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Well i do have one but its not listed here,i cannot log into maps cause its giving me an "error" of age restriction.How do i change that :/

PS Didn't set up any psn acc is this the prob?
    You must be 41yrs old to use the Google Maps. Sorry.....

Set up your account and you should be fine.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    few questions i think should be covered:

What are the File Types that thhe Vita can handle for each type:

Video ?
    Picture? PNG? GIF'able GIF's? (animated) whats the file size limit for pictures? seems most of my PC wallpapers (just transferred a folder over for the $#@! of it) i can view fine... but if i want to apply any image as a BG either as desktop wallpaper or startscreen wallpaper its too big and gives me an not enough memory

figured i could just take a screenshot of the big file (which just completely shrinks it to the actual Vita Dimensions... then use that saved screenshot as wallpaper... or im gonna be going through soooooooooooooooooooo many pictures reformatting image sizes.

Also, is there a way to view picture properties? like Dimensions, File Size, Date?... DIMENSIONS... i cant find $#@!.
    Last edited by SomaXD; 02-23-2012 at 06:44.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    can play your own music in-game (at least in uncharted... just home out, play music, and flip bacl open uncharted... boom custom soundtracks.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    researching now...

also... is there anyway to keep it from going into sleep mode permanently... it just has 1, 3, and 5 minutes... under power save features... i like to keep that sucker glowing while its plugged in transferring.

yeah yeah heres a really easy when you get it way to do it.
    go DL:

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=dl

open it and BARELY touch settings
    should look like this off the bat (minus that folder i added)

All you need to focus on is that little left hand box called Virtual File System. Right Click anywhere in the box and add ANY folder you wanna share (pop up asks click add REAL FOLDER) with your Vita Movies/Pictures/Music (i added pictures for this little demo)

now once all thats set up...

Click on the home icon in that virtual file system box and notice the browser link changes. Home is root. it will let you access any other folders underneath that root home folder. soooooooo now go to your Vita ___________

Vita open webbrowser and input[[[ http://192.168.2.3:8080/ ]]]] (it might be a little different from my network so, as long as you see pretty much this... your golden.

now go and copy and transfer whatever you want easily and wirelessly
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

14. Likes Nitey , arfi-gorgona-O likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Hey i wasn't able to download Wipeout HD / Fury to my Vita yesterday.
    It appears in the PS Store's downloadlist but i can't choose "download" - it just says "download to vita failed".
    Just like it does next to all the other incompatible downloads.

Any ideas?

can't connect my wireless in my university. Weird. and also i cant access the router im using so i cant change any settings. dman this sucks

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Hey i wasn't able to download Wipeout HD / Fury to my Vita yesterday.
    It appears in the PS Store's downloadlist but i can't choose "download" - it just says "download to vita failed".
    Just like it does next to all the other incompatible downloads.

Any ideas?
    I've had same sort of problems with some downloads it seems to be when the vita goes into sleep try letting the vita sleep by itself seemed to work for me. Just gotta get vodafone up and running now lol

Sent from my galaxy nexus using my fingers
    New member of the PS4 club

Master Guru
    Guys i want you to check the back of vita,where the motion control is.Mine isn't that smooth there it has some minor anomalies and i was wondering if its like that or if its a defect of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    @marcsony
    Yeah lethal mentioned this problem in the original post thx.
    I dug deeper and found out it was just a misunderstanding.
    Wipeout HD/Fury is NOT VITA COMPATIBLE!
    You can download the content (maps etc.) to the vita if you buy the new Wipeout 2048.
    "Problem" solved.

@arfi
    I didn't recognize anything but i'll take a look when im home.
    Can you discribe it further? Are those anormalities all over the touchpad or just in a few spots?

Master Guru
    A few spots,i already saw another one and it was a tad better,but still had it (not in the same spot).Its more anaglyph if you use your finger all over it you will feel the difference.Its the plastic it seems.Its not as well made as the front screen to be complete anomaly free.Not a deal breaker so ill live with it i guess
    Last edited by arfi-gorgona-O; 02-23-2012 at 10:33.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    anyone able to use this thing on WINSCP? i wonna browse root directories T_T
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    yeah yeah heres a really easy when you get it way to do it.
    go DL:

http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=dl

open it and BARELY touch settings
    should look like this off the bat (minus that folder i added)

All you need to focus on is that little left hand box called Virtual File System. Right Click anywhere in the box and add ANY folder you wanna share (pop up asks click add REAL FOLDER) with your Vita Movies/Pictures/Music (i added pictures for this little demo)

now once all thats set up...

Click on the home icon in that virtual file system box and notice the browser link changes. Home is root. it will let you access any other folders underneath that root home folder. soooooooo now go to your Vita ___________

Vita open webbrowser and input[[[ http://192.168.2.3:8080/ ]]]] (it might be a little different from my network so, as long as you see pretty much this... your golden.

now go and copy and transfer whatever you want easily and wirelessly
    This is cool +rep, thank you

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    few questions i think should be covered:

What are the File Types that thhe Vita can handle for each type:

Video ?
    Picture? PNG? GIF'able GIF's? (animated) whats the file size limit for pictures? seems most of my PC wallpapers (just transferred a folder over for the $#@! of it) i can view fine... but if i want to apply any image as a BG either as desktop wallpaper or startscreen wallpaper its too big and gives me an not enough memory

figured i could just take a screenshot of the big file (which just completely shrinks it to the actual Vita Dimensions... then use that saved screenshot as wallpaper... or im gonna be going through soooooooooooooooooooo many pictures reformatting image sizes.

Also, is there a way to view picture properties? like Dimensions, File Size, Date?... DIMENSIONS... i cant find $#@!.

The proper dimensions for the PS Vita is 960x544

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    This is cool +rep, thank you
    Seconded!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The proper dimensions for the PS Vita is 960x544
    i know that... i mean, when i look at all my pictures, it gives me no info on it other than name... id like to know the picture dimensions so i know if i need to resize it while out and about.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Thanks for the post Lethal. Hope to be getting mine around the end of March, can't wait!!

Thread Information