Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    If history proves anything is, never believe PR. I guarantee they drop the price the minute they think sales are poor.
    That's the problem, Sony is stubborn, they never wanna think anything is wrong.

Which is why I was surprised how Nintendo took the drastic step and lowered the price by such a big amount. That's what Sony needs right now, in order to stay in competition. But they won't do it.

They probably feel that it will do better in US and I think they wanna catch up in Japan eventually (this way they skim off the top with their high price), and we all know Japanese market is sorta wonky. Never front-loaded.

They will let the games sell Vita in Japan. For US, if this were to happen, I could see them dropping $50...cause they damn cheap.

PSN ID
    bucho2012
    my two cents!
    I own the vita and i think its superior to my 3ds, hence i accept/justify the 50 difference higher price

xbox 360 is a very succesful console, sales wise and quality wise,

yet look at the sales of it in japan! if you judged the succes of the console by the japanese market, it becomes utter garbage/train wreck. bringing this nicely to my point, its obvious that sony are waiting for world appraise and sales before reacting accordingly. the vita at the moment is very western orientated, software wise, and if it still sells as badly across the world as in japan, then, and only then will sony give us a price drop.

Items Guitar HeroChristian Bale
    Vita needs to pick up soon!

Items Guitar HeroChristian Bale
    3DS sold more on its lowest week than Vita is now, even at the same price... Sony NEEDS to hurry up and do something!

Master Guru
    The PS3 is doing work as always in Japan.

The Xbox 360 can't even crack 1,000 sales? I guess the Japanese don't care for shooters that much.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post

The Xbox 360 can't even crack 1,000 sales? I guess the Japanese don't care for shooters that much.
    This is a broken record....

Soldier 95B

If they didn't like shooters, the PS3 would be at a 1000 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Likes Inzane2050 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm not dissing TD's post, more the concept of the Xbox having bad numbers. It does every week, and every week it's said that it's doing bad lol. It's like a broken record.

10. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I understand that. I guess I was pointing out that the PS3 actually has been releasing more shooters than the Xbox. If anything, I would consider the PS3 the shooter console this gen. To me though, that is not a bad thing. I prefer shooters.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    If they didn't like shooters, the PS3 would be at a 1000 as well.
    In Japan? The JRPGs are what get it where it is, which is what Vita is lacking.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    In Japan?
    In general.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    In America, yes but WW nope - sports and racing make up Europe & JRPGs and visual novels make up Japan. In those territories shooters have little effect on PS3 sales.

15. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Super Elite
    So did Killzone not release in their own country? Sounds kind of lame but seems it would kind of make sense considering they are more into the things like visual novels and RPGs as said.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Killzone is from Germany...

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I understand that. I guess I was pointing out that the PS3 actually has been releasing more shooters than the Xbox. If anything, I would consider the PS3 the shooter console this gen. To me though, that is not a bad thing. I prefer shooters.
    The PS3 does have more shooters than the 360. The PS3 has more variety than the 360 period but the point i was making is that the 360's top selling games are shooters and the PS3's top selling games are not only shooters but games that span many genres.

If the 360 isn't doing well in Japan it must be because Japanese gamers don't really care for shooters. The 360's biggest selling point here in the states is the online gaming and shooter appeal. Microsoft has that nailed down.

The PS3 has more variety and a broader focus on different genres. The Japanese appreciate that.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Guerilla Games are based in the Netherlands, no?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The Vita was released not 5 days ago worldwide so there's no point in spelling disaster. We have the games, a lot of games and already IMHO an amazing launch lineup. Sure it hasn't catered to the land of the rising sun but we've all known that in the last 6 or 7 years the Japanese gaming market has been rather lacklustre and stale with very little that's original. Wait for a month after the current release to see how the Vita is really doing, and if more than 2m units are sold within a month then I can not see Sony even remotely coming close to lowering the price. To be honest it's cheap enough as it is - this thing is amazing!

Holland.

Super Elite
    But how is that relevant? Games can be released internationally, no?
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Well tbh I dunno what your original post was about lol

Soldier 95B
    In America, yes but WW nope - sports and racing make up Europe & JRPGs and visual novels make up Japan. In those territories shooters have little effect on PS3 sales.
    WW YUP. I wasn't pinpoint specific locations. I was pointing out that the PS3's game library is loaded with shooters, especially exclusive, that surpass anything that the Xbox 360 is and has been releasing.

The Xbox 360 is not selling in Japan. It's not because of the shooters on the console (PS3 has $#@! loads of them). The Xbox 360 isn't selling in Japan (like the Xbox didn't) because Japan doesn't like the console. Even when they were trying to sell the 360 there with JRPGs, the sales were still pathetic, even when the games were rated excellent.

Yes Inzane, the shooters make it to Japan too. Killzone 3 is there.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-27-2012 at 13:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah but the point is Japan aren't into shooters like America is, if PS3 didn't have any shooters it would still be above 7 mil in Japan right now. Even the CoD games barely do over 100K IIRC.

Soldier 95B
    Yeah but the point is Japan aren't into shooters like America is, if PS3 didn't have any shooters it would still be above 7 mil in Japan right now. Even the CoD games barely do over 100K IIRC.
    I think we are on a different page here. I replied to TDbank24 who stated:

The Xbox is less of a shooter console than the PS3 is. So the Xbox 360 isn't NOT selling because it's a shooter console. In comparison to the PS3, it is not a shooter console. The 360 brought more JRPG's and Japanese friendly games early on more than the PS3 did with excellent scores and it didn't sell.

So really, if the Japanese didn't like shooters, they wouldn't like the PS3 as well. However, the PS3 sells because it's not an Xbox, because it's Japanese, and has games that appeal to the Japanese. The problem with the Xbox was not shooters. It is because it is American, because it is an Xbox and has an inherent quality issue (perceived as poor by Japanese). The Xbox 360 could have the same games as the PS3 and it still wouldn't sell (as proven early on in the Xbox life). Developers have all but given up in releasing any games that appeal to the Japanese it seems. Because they have no user saturation.

Thread Information