Forum Sage

Aksys: Good People Die (999 sequel-ish) to NA by the end of 2012 (3DS, maybe Vita)

Scan is legal, taken straight from the magazines webpage. It confirms what has been hoped by fans of 999 that its "sequel" Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die will be arriving to North America in 2012:

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=n...enninmjaoj.jpg

In addition to of course offering a completely new story, Good Peeople Die features a number of improvements over 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, namely voice acting, 3d graphics with animated cutscenes instead of just 2d character art standing around talking, the possibility to jump at any branching point in the story and pick up from there (so you don't have to play the game from beginning to end for each ending), $#@!tons of more alternative (/bad) endings and the such.

Nintendo Power of course only confirms the 3DS version's localization, so hopefully, for us European fans, the Vita version will make its way accross the pond as well. Or someone picks up & localizes the 3DS version for Europe, for people who aren't going to pick up Vita.
    Last edited by Azu; 02-22-2012 at 20:56.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Elite Member

To commemorate this, I think they should do another printing of 999 so that those that missed it the first time around can check that out before this game hits.

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Yeah I never played 999 and I'm intrigued now. I'll definitely play 999 first.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Forum Sage
    Amazon.com seems to have it in stock. And the price ain't too bad (24$)

http://www.amazon.com/9-Hours-Person...0032212&sr=8-1

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

Forum Sage
    So Aksys put up an official announcement. The game will be called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward outside Japan, it will be released for both 3DS & Vita in Fall 2012 (Amazon has October 24th) and it has both English & Japanese voice overs. Happyhappyjoyjoy!

They will also be rebranding 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors as "Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors".

Recently Finished:

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Seems pretty kool, I'll check out the first game too.

this might be a noob question but is it by the same people who made the Phoenix Wright series? The art design looks very similar!

Forum Sage
    Nah, it's from a completely different developer. Also, the game itself is really different. It's more of a thriller than a comedy-filled courthouse drama and it's really a visual novel, so be prepared to reading text for 2 hours without pause with the simplest of puzzles & exploration in between those kinds of walls of text. Phoenix Wright has a lot of reading too, but it's closer to a traditional adventure game than 999, which is more straightforward and story-driven.

Also, although I highly recommend 999 to anyone who might be interested in visual novels, I do have to warn that the ending can be offputting for some people. About... 95% of the game is great, but some might think the ending is kinda silly (and I somewhat agree). In the end, it didn't ruin the game for me and apart from that certain twist at the end, I was satisfied with most of the events at the end.

Also #2, the game does have multiple endings and seeing them all requires you to start the game over each time you see one ending (you CAN fast forward through every conversation etc. you've seen already, but the thing is.. there's a lot to fast forward through). You can't even get the "true ending" without getting a certain bad ending first. I think the endings are worth seeing, since they do often branch to completely different paths, but I'm sure replaying the game for ~4-6 times isn't everyone's cup of tea.
    Last edited by Azu; 03-02-2012 at 14:41.

Recently Finished:

Thread Information