Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    None of those apply to KZ3 at all and it has even less longevity than KZ2 did. They only added a couple of weapons, removed a couple original ones, upgraded nothing and it only has 8 maps. Compare that with the likes of Battlefield 3 and they should be a bit embarrassed IMO
    I disagree. Killzone 3 was one if not the best shooter last year, when it comes to military style shooters. It expanded on everything from it predecessor, except maps. It gave more guns and added operations, which besides warzone is the best online multiplayer mode in a shooter IMO, and agree more options in leveling up your character

It's cool if you didn't like it, but I don't follow the battlefield comparison. Battlefield still has a horrible leveling up system. By that I mean after reaching level 10 it takes way to many points to level up. The only new mode they added was TDM. Rush and C can only go so far. The only thing battlefield has is all the vehicles. Killzone 3 definitely was a step down in a few ways from Killzone 2. But it by no means should be embarrassed by shooters that came out later in the year. Especially Battlefield 3.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_Tanglefoot View Post
    I disagree. Killzone 3 was one if not the best shooter last year, when it comes to military style shooters. It expanded on everything from it predecessor, except maps. It gave more guns and added operations, which besides warzone is the best online multiplayer mode in a shooter IMO, and agree more options in leveling up your character

It's cool if you didn't like it, but I don't follow the battlefield comparison. Battlefield still has a horrible leveling up system. By that I mean after reaching level 10 it takes way to many points to level up. The only new mode they added was TDM. Rush and C can only go so far. The only thing battlefield has is all the vehicles. Killzone 3 definitely was a step down in a few ways from Killzone 2. But it by no means should be embarrassed by shooters that came out later in the year. Especially Battlefield 3.
    I didn't say I don't like KZ3, I said it has a serious lack of content to keep people playing it. Shooters these days must have solid gameplay and sexy graphics, those are par for the course, but they live and die by how deep the MP is, i.e the amount of weapons, customisation and maps. That is where the BF3 comparison comes in and that is where KZ3 falls really, really short.

It could have been such a good game. If you double the amount of maps and give more of them those mechs or something else like that (or the jetpacks) to make it feel unique, quadruple the amount of weapons with customisation and you have a winner. GG just don't get it.

That makes sense. I took it that you just thought the game was bad. I agree that more mechs and jet packs would have been a nice touch. The weapons thing doesn't bother me. But to each their own. I do think they dropped the ball with maps. Operations was incredible but only 3 maps was lame. It will be interesting to see where they go with Killzone 4 if there is a 4.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    they should do this for all games. then focus on the single player for a disc release. that way we get the best of both worlds and we don't have to pay 60 bucks every year for the same $#@!ty Call of Duty game that's 4 hours long just for MP

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    I haven't played this, so I may have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    they should do this for all games. then focus on the single player for a disc release. that way we get the best of both worlds and we don't have to pay 60 bucks every year for the same $#@!ty Call of Duty game that's 4 hours long just for MP
    I don't know how well this one sold, but I don't think Activision would do that, regardless of how this does. Or even if others do it as well. They know people are going to buy the game by the millions, so they have no reason to cut into their profits with this. Until their sales dip, then they may do this. That's what I think anyways
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I think this will only be done to games with a dying online base, just to pump in fresh blood into it after a year o so from the disc release.
    its a good idea to be honest. Killzone servers will be populated, some will buy, others will be happy playing with a limited level.

Thread Information