Apprentice

Bought 2nd PS3 Slim & BD Remote is not registering

I just bought a 2nd PS3 slim today and tried to pair the BD Remote that is already paired to the previously purchased PS3 slim to the new PS3 slim and it wouldn't work. I tried everything from new batteries, trying to register the remote while it's right in front and even right behind, heck even right on the PS3 and it just wouldn't take. I followed all the directions properly. I know how to do this, or else I wouldn't have been able to get the remote paired to the other PS3.

I also tried everything I could google about turning off the PS controller when I get to the screen where you are supposed to register the remote, taking out the batteries in the BD remote, then putting them back in and then hold down the start & enter buttons, and nada. I also tried turning off and unplugging all other bluetooth devices, wi-fi, and even cordless phones.

I installed the latest firmware, and I even did a system restore.

Just wondering if there is something I'm over-looking or should I just exchange the PS3 ASAP?

I can pair other bluetooth devices such as a headset no problem though.

Lastly, I'm using the first generation sony BD remote as I had a 60 gig fat launch model that died. Is it possible that I would have to get a BD remote 2.0 to work with this particular slim?
    Last edited by GypsyKid; 02-25-2012 at 06:00.

Dedicated Member

Each device can only be paired with one system at a time I believe. You would have to unpair the device and then register it with the new system. I'm fairly certain. Try unpairing and then go to BT devices and re register (where you input the 000000s).

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKid View Post

Lastly, I'm using the first generation sony BD remote as I had a 60 gig fat launch model that died. Is it possible that I would have to get a BD remote 2.0 to work with this particular slim?
    This is probably what you're gonna have to do. Anything else wrong with that new PS3 Slim?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Apprentice
    This morning I noticed that the new slim wasn't keeping paired with the playstation controllers either, so I just packed it up and returned it right away. The one I exchanged it for is working perfectly so far. Even bought one of the BD 2.0 remotes. I'm really liking that remote since it also controls my TV as well. Had no issue pairing it to the PS3 either. Took only seconds.

My girlfriend is happy too. We both got our own PS3's. At first she was a little perturbed at why I wanted a 2nd one. Now that we got both she sees the method to the madness. She's thinking of pimping hers out too. Maybe seeing about getting custom skins or something for it. Funny, she never thought of doing that kind of stuff when the gaming systems where either mine or "ours." lol

Thread Information