White Knight Chronicles 1/2

First, sorry if I write in the wrong section.
    I have not found any topic about this game and I have a few questions about her. Is the story presented in the game (or 1 and 2 is related to?) Is good or not bored, if not most of the time we spend on killing monsters.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    No. The story isn't good. The game is focused more on multiplayer.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    No. The story isn't good. The game is focused more on multiplayer.
    I disagree. I think the story is fine. Very heroic. tons of cool cutscenes. Cool villians. Giant magical mecha. Interesting combat system. Kinda fun online and possible to solo no problem.

Great game overall. If you liked Rogue Galaxy (which I loved) you'll probably like this a lot.

Oh and the game is not "focused" on multiplayer. It is essentially a single player, story-based JRPG with a very good multiplayer element added on. The multiplayer is good enough for it's own game without the single player experience, so there are a lot of WKC players who focus on that, which is fine. The single player experience is quite good, if you like these types of games and enjoy the combat system.

Give it a shot. Gamefly it or something. You might like it.
    Shinei!

4. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I'm playing the first game right now. Things could speed up more in the plot department but it has been good so far. I haven't even given multiplayer much of any thought, so yes, it is single player focused, at least for me.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I still need to get this (will buy WKC2 since it comes with the first).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
    I disagree. I think the story is fine. Very heroic. tons of cool cutscenes. Cool villians. Giant magical mecha. Interesting combat system. Kinda fun online and possible to solo no problem.

Great game overall. If you liked Rogue Galaxy (which I loved) you'll probably like this a lot.

Oh and the game is not "focused" on multiplayer. It is essentially a single player, story-based JRPG with a very good multiplayer element added on. The multiplayer is good enough for it's own game without the single player experience, so there are a lot of WKC players who focus on that, which is fine. The single player experience is quite good, if you like these types of games and enjoy the combat system.

Give it a shot. Gamefly it or something. You might like it.
    I've played numerous JRPG's in the past and this one is down there with Final Fantasy XIII in terms of story and characters. The concept is great but Level 5 didn't use that potential effectively. The first game had a rushed love story and unlikable characters. It was short, repetitive and very linear. Face it, the game IS focused on multiplayer - What do you think the GR's are for?, what's the purpose of the quests you go into? and can you solo most of them?. You're going to need a party of other players if you want to even enjoy half of those quests and especially if you're interested in obtaining better weapons and armor.

White Knight Chronicles 2 tried to correct that but it was still a trek to go through half the game as you had to re-visit the same areas from the first one instead of giving us something new. The story and characters were improving a little but the two ended up being underwhelming overall. What I can tell you though is that the multiplayer part is beefed up and much improved which is why I've enjoyed the games.

Master Poster
    I actually enjoyed WKC more then I thought I would. Not sure if it was because reviews painted such an ugly picture but I found WKC to be one of Level-5's better games. Story leaves a lot to be desired but it's still quite enjoyable
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I personally really liked these games. The story was a bit simple and mostly predictable, but it still had me hooked. As an individual who never actually played online, I can say that the game is a lot of fun, whether you take advantage of the online component or not. Second game dragged on a bit, but the story line was better. The updated combat system, notably the increase in battle speed, really improves the game ten fold. Overall, don't listen to the haters. Get the second game. Two games in one, a cheap price now a days, and it's just fun. Not to mention that there is a lot of customization that can be done, should one desire to do so. WKC has my approval.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Superior Member

I've played numerous JRPG's in the past and this one is down there with Final Fantasy XIII in terms of story and characters. The concept is great but Level 5 didn't use that potential effectively. The first game had a rushed love story and unlikable characters. It was short, repetitive and very linear. Face it, the game IS focused on multiplayer - What do you think the GR's are for?, what's the purpose of the quests you go into? and can you solo most of them?. You're going to need a party of other players if you want to even enjoy half of those quests and especially if you're interested in obtaining better weapons and armor.

White Knight Chronicles 2 tried to correct that but it was still a trek to go through half the game as you had to re-visit the same areas from the first one instead of giving us something new. The story and characters were improving a little but the two ended up being underwhelming overall. What I can tell you though is that the multiplayer part is beefed up and much improved which is why I've enjoyed the games.
    I understand. The story isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's right up my alley though, so I'm really enjoying it.
    Shinei!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
    I understand. The story isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's right up my alley though, so I'm really enjoying it.
    My little brother likes it also.. I don't know what you guys see in the story XD

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I'm playing the first game right now. Things could speed up more in the plot department but it has been good so far. I haven't even given multiplayer much of any thought, so yes, it is single player focused, at least for me.
    You shouldn't play the first game. Buy White Knight Chronicles II straight away. It includes the first game WITH ALL THE BIG IMPROVEMENTS OF THE SECOND GAME. The first game will feel like $#@! after WKCII (not that II is the epitome of JRPGs either, but it's still a noticeable improvement and much more enjoyable to play).

Also, FonFahbre, the first game feels rushed because... it IS rushed. White Knight Chronicles was originally supposed to only be ONE game, but they just decided to cut it in half and just rush out the first half as quickly as possible and then just finish it in another game.
    Last edited by Azu; 02-28-2012 at 21:35.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Superior Member

My little brother likes it also.. I don't know what you guys see in the story XD
    I like fatastic stories of heroism and villainy. I never tire of them. I have dozens of Fantasy and Space Opera novels in my home. People who love to talk up their sophisticated tastes love to talk crap about a lot of the books I love, but I don't care. They can all suck my [EXPLETIVE DELETED] and that goes for my games too. (not talking about you, I'm talking about the ones who like to act all superior about it)
    Shinei!

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    You shouldn't play the first game. Buy White Knight Chronicles II straight away. It includes the first game WITH ALL THE BIG IMPROVEMENTS OF THE SECOND GAME. The first game will feel like $#@! after WKCII (not that II is the epitome of JRPGs either, but it's still a noticeable improvement and much more enjoyable to play).

Also, FonFahbre, the first game feels rushed because... it IS rushed. White Knight Chronicles was originally supposed to only be ONE game, but they just decided to cut it in half and just rush out the first half as quickly as possible and then just finish it in another game.

I did actually buy White Knight Chronicles 2 but I started on the first game. I'm glad too, as I was able to get the bundle pretty cheaply.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I did actually buy White Knight Chronicles 2 but I started on the first game. I'm glad too, as I was able to get the bundle pretty cheaply.
    Same here. Got it pretty cheap...two games in one. Paid $30 bucks for it brand new...so it's like getting WKC I and II for $15 each! That's a steal for a PS3 game...

Now if only I had enough time to beat it before Xenoblade comes out! (not going to happen, I know. That and Tales of Graces F and Yakuza: of the End AND Prototype II. I'm going to be busy over the next few months)
    Shinei!

Thread Information