0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - I am a moron

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    LOL..Um, thats the perfect excuse? did you forget the price of the ps3 when it launched?

I didn;t say I wouldn't recommend it, just NOT NOW if you're not a hardcore gamer or ps fan.
    Back in 2006/2007 no one cared about the price of the PS3, we all got it and it was so empty, we got it cause we wanted it, the system was so empty old firmware was rubbish but no one cared.. it all improved over time

The device is great , and it got a nice collection of launch titles and tons are coming in the future, also the firmwares and all the improvements

Uncharted Alone can be a selling point

2. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Back in 2006/2007 no one cared about the price of the PS3, we all got it and it was so empty, we got it cause we wanted it, the system was so empty old firmware was rubbish but no one cared.. it all improved over time

The device is great , and it got a nice collection of launch titles and tons are coming in the future, also the firmwares and all the improvements

Uncharted Alone can be a selling point
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not? Or just being defensive about Sony

People did care about the price, it was national media attention. Alot of people cannot afford ps3s at the price they were asking for it. Kutaragi even insinuated, if you want one, Just get a second job. Were you absent when this was happening?

Put your enthusiasm for sony aside, you just said you got your system early, it was empty, no decent FW, so tell me to a regular joe that has a casual interest in games, How could I justify to him in getting a ps3 and waiting a year plus for uncharted, which by then the ps3 priced had dropped and ps3s library had grown?

Why would you spend $$$ for the waiting game? I can not recommend this to someone if all they are going to do is wait for the stellar titles to hit.

Yes, Its Solid. Its an Solid launch lineup, but other than maybe Uncharted, what can justify dropping 280-300 dollars for on a handheld. While the other games are solid, They are not a selling point to justify the cost.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as well I am to mine, so we'll just leave it at that.

I enjoy the vita, I think its a great handheld with a bright future, but as of right now, I cannot recommend it to a friend to get if he/she's unsure. The best I can do is tell them to wait and see what the psv will offer in the future. Which is fall 2012/ Early 2013
    Last edited by floetry; 02-27-2012 at 07:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Master Poster
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not? Or just being defensive about Sony

People did care about the price, it was national media attention. Alot of people cannot afford ps3s at the price they were asking for it. Kutaragi even insinuated, if you want one, Just get a second job. Were you absent when this was happening?

Put your enthusiasm for sony aside, you just said you got your system early, it was empty, no decent FW, so tell me to a regular joe that has a casual interest in games, How could I justify to him in getting a ps3 and waiting a year plus for uncharted, which by then the ps3 priced had dropped and ps3s library had grown?

Why would you spend $$$ for the waiting game? I can not recommend this to someone if all they are going to do is wait for the stellar titles to hit.

Yes, Its Solid. Its an Solid launch lineup, but other than maybe Uncharted, what can justify dropping 280-300 dollars for on a handheld. While the other games are solid, They are not a selling point to justify the cost.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as well I am to mine, so we'll just leave it at that.

I enjoy the vita, I think its a great handheld with a bright future, but as of right now, I cannot recommend it to a friend to get if he/she's unsure. The best I can do is tell them to wait and see what the psv will offer in the future. Which is fall 2012/ Early 2013

First of all, im not defensive about anyone, and second i was talking about the people who bought the PS3 at launch not in general..

and the second part of my post was about the vita , you understood wrong , uncharted which i meant (golden abyss) not the one on PS3

well, if you're enjoying the vita... why not share that enjoyment with your friends and recommend it to them , then see if they are interested or not, the launch titles are great and very enjoyable... also this device can do much more than just a gaming handheld

Well, you said your opinion and i said mine, that's what these forums are for

and i wasn't being sarcastic.

Cheers

5. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Again, I'd recommend them to try it...

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Again, I'd recommend them to try it...
    That's my point

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I gave it a score of 9/10. Like everyone else I think there's still room for the handheld to grow, even though it's still pretty solid in the first place.

Personally I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of handheld gaming and being able to do multiple things with one piece of hardware. I only know a couple of people who own a PS3 and most of my mates aren't too bothered about Sony but they all like handheld gaming, about 5-6 of us had the original DS when it came out. I'm sure if I show them what the Vita can do they would definitely be interested in getting the handheld some time in the future.

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I say a 9.

The hardware itself is fantastic, runs well and doesn't feel cheap. It's an impressive piece!
    However not a ten because there are some niggling UI aspects that could use fixing.

Messaging to PS3 users is clunky. Why the hell do the trophies I earn on my Vita not show up on my PS3?
    Why can't I remove the "user guide" buttons from certain screens? Near is cool, but a bit too busy and confusing.

Those however are fairly minor, and can all be addressed by updates. If they fix all of those then this little baby goes to a 10 for me.
    Exactly this. Spot on. 9/10

--

Considering the device has been out for a few days (in the US/EU), no one can say the game library is bland. It's the best launch line up, for a very very long time. If not THE best

I dunno about others, but I would prefer having a range of different titles to choose from on launch, compared to say one huge title with not-so-appealing titles on the side, as is what usually happens with console launches

Also there's quite a few titles coming out within the next few months. It's a fantastic start to a new system and early adoptors should feel glad they don't have to go months without new/decent games as is often the case with new hardware

Obviously we don't know what's coming out after the immediate few months ahead, but, here's hoping they have a range of announcements at E3 for fall releases

--

I've already recommended it to most of my friends. Just showing them the system in itself playing WipEout is actually enough of a recommendation
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-27-2012 at 13:22.

Forum Guru
    Trying wouldn't hurt, but my friend asked for my honest opinion. And I knew exactly what you meant and which uncharted you were taking about.I was giving an example About the PS 3 which you said people bought at launch and didn't care about the price.obviously, if you're a gamer, you're going to buy this device if you're big on hand helds. If you are undecided well..falls lineup is much more impressive than launch.

Sent from my phone
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    floetry, your opinion sucks.

Apprentice
    I gave it a 9 and I was impressed with all it can do from the welcome park tour and Golden Abyss brought more fresh game play to the Uncharted series thanks to good use of the vita's capabilities. I really like how the camera is on the front and rear. I also find it impressive how it is so big but not heavy to the point where it is hard on the wrists. Best handheld ever by far, Iphone games do not hold a candle to Vita's future.

PS3 80 GB 4 USB, PS3 80 GB 2 USB, Samsung 40'' LCD TV 1080p, XBOX 360 Pro, and Nintendo Wii.

14. Likes Lethal , Nitey likes this post
    Master Guru
    I gave it a 9 too its an amazing piece of hardware.Uncharted is a fantastic game too,i'm amazed by how good it looks,and all that in a small handheld...Btw i'm glad its not heavier,i already find it heavy enough after some time.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

16. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Superior Member

I would very much like to get one but my birthday is coming up in a few months and my wife will have to get me something...lol and its better than some cologne and clothes lol. Tried it out at the store and was blown away by how great the graphics looked and how fluid things ran. Will say the two sticks felt a little loose and hopefully that won't create too many issues.

This is not for everyone but any avid gamer or anyone thinking about a portable I would say GET IT. Movies will look beautiful on it and I am sure they will get more features as it goes along. It does have the best launch games in the history of gaming perhaps. Very wide array of quality titles. Knowing COD is coming later on pretty much will mean this game will see phenomenal sales. If they can tie COD into the next title on the PS3 where your stats and ranking are connected or even better yet you can play with PS3 users I predict that we will see shortages if that happens this fall with the next release and I also would predict that the PS3 version of COD could possibly outsell the 360 version....This device is easily the most complete handheld gaming device ever and looks like it will be a gamechanger for Sony if they don't screw it up.

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    I think I would have given it a 10 if the battery was a little better/easier to change. I feel like this might be a problem in a year or two.
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    How would it be a problem in a year or two?

edit:
    nevermind.. didn't read it correctly.

I agree about the changing of the battery.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    CrazyShady
    Items User name style
    9/10 for me!

Would be a 10/10 but the darn finger print prone cover annoys me in the same way the psp did. Just a little quip but still a design flaw imo. Everything else about it is amazing.

PSN: CrazyShady GAMERTAG: CrazyShady44
    PS4 | PS Vita| Xbox 360 | PS3

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    floetry, your opinion sucks.

Only because its not biased

Thread Information