Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rate the Playstation Vita

Now that you have had time to play with the PS Vita, what score would you give this launch?

I am creating an open poll.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Now that you have had time to play with the PS Vita, what score would you give this launch?

I am creating an open poll.
    I gave it an 8, its a great console, but not there at launch and not that it should be. Hopefully with firmware updates, we're able to browse the web online while playing a game(I needed this, I had to use my computer to look up a walkthrough)

I'm curious to see what kind of updates will sony bring to the vita. I'm pretty sure they are trying to get hulu on and other SEN contect, qriocity and so forth..But I want more. Hopefully a dynamic background. That's asking for alot, but hopefully it can be done. Skype, youtube, and definitely HTML5. I need 5. lol.

Game play, hoepfully it most cases its optional. Uncharted felt a little forced(although the touch qte felt much more comfortable than originally expected, in some instances much better than button QTE sequences)

I need to see more developer support that doesn't involve a spinoff or a port. New IPs developed just for the vita.

Its solid and its future seems bright, so 8-8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    9 out of 10 for me. I'm extremely happy with the Vita.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    10!

If you didn't pick up Little Deviants I highly suggest you do. The Vita has some of the best sixaxis motion sensors I have ever played with.
    Everything is so fluid and smooth. Rear touch and front touch are just amazing and so is argumented reality with the camera.

So far I can not fault one feature on the machine for being cheap or poor. This is pure quality.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I gave the Vita an 8 because there is always room for improvement. The Vita is a fantastic piece of hardware. I have played with it every single day since I bought it on the 15th.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    I say a 9.

The hardware itself is fantastic, runs well and doesn't feel cheap. It's an impressive piece!
    However not a ten because there are some niggling UI aspects that could use fixing.

Messaging to PS3 users is clunky. Why the hell do the trophies I earn on my Vita not show up on my PS3?
    Why can't I remove the "user guide" buttons from certain screens? Near is cool, but a bit too busy and confusing.

Those however are fairly minor, and can all be addressed by updates. If they fix all of those then this little baby goes to a 10 for me.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I gave it a score of 9/10. Like everyone else I think there's still room for the handheld to grow, even though it's still pretty solid in the first place.

Personally I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of handheld gaming and being able to do multiple things with one piece of hardware. I only know a couple of people who own a PS3 and most of my mates aren't too bothered about Sony but they all like handheld gaming, about 5-6 of us had the original DS when it came out. I'm sure if I show them what the Vita can do they would definitely be interested in getting the handheld some time in the future.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I say a 9.

The hardware itself is fantastic, runs well and doesn't feel cheap. It's an impressive piece!
    However not a ten because there are some niggling UI aspects that could use fixing.

Messaging to PS3 users is clunky. Why the hell do the trophies I earn on my Vita not show up on my PS3?
    Why can't I remove the "user guide" buttons from certain screens? Near is cool, but a bit too busy and confusing.

Those however are fairly minor, and can all be addressed by updates. If they fix all of those then this little baby goes to a 10 for me.
    Exactly this. Spot on. 9/10

--

Considering the device has been out for a few days (in the US/EU), no one can say the game library is bland. It's the best launch line up, for a very very long time. If not THE best

I dunno about others, but I would prefer having a range of different titles to choose from on launch, compared to say one huge title with not-so-appealing titles on the side, as is what usually happens with console launches

Also there's quite a few titles coming out within the next few months. It's a fantastic start to a new system and early adoptors should feel glad they don't have to go months without new/decent games as is often the case with new hardware

Obviously we don't know what's coming out after the immediate few months ahead, but, here's hoping they have a range of announcements at E3 for fall releases

--

I've already recommended it to most of my friends. Just showing them the system in itself playing WipEout is actually enough of a recommendation
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-27-2012 at 14:22.

Forum Guru
    The hardware felt cheap at best buy. I don't know whether it was gutted out or what. The quality i feel here is much different. Weird I know. Maybe because it was wifi. Idk, it felt different than this retail version
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    When I hold the wifi version vs the 3g version, I can't tell any noticeable difference.

I gave it an 8 out of the box. With better firmware, it'll be a 9. This is the Vita without any games, etc. Just the hardware/firmware.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    When I hold the wifi version vs the 3g version, I can't tell any noticeable difference.

I gave it an 8 out of the box. With better firmware, it'll be a 9. This is the Vita without any games, etc. Just the hardware/firmware.

All I remember is how disappointed I was in the hardware at best buy. I don't feel that here. Must have been best buy's sku. i guess

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm with F34R. 8/10 for now will see what the future holds for it.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    $#@!ing amazing man! This thing is THE $#@!! It's the wet dream of a gamer, for real. Seamless multitasking, responsive, huge vivid screen and an amazing array of launch titles, no matter what reviewers have sair. If I've ever been excited about the future of a console in my entire life, this tops it by a wide margin.

Although Sony did some weird marketing and had hidden costs here and there, this thing is a beast. Props!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    $#@!ing amazing man! This thing is THE $#@!! It's the wet dream of a gamer, for real. Seamless multitasking, responsive, huge vivid screen and an amazing array of launch titles, no matter what reviewers have sair. If I've ever been excited about the future of a console in my entire life, this tops it by a wide margin.

Although Sony did some weird marketing and had hidden costs here and there, this thing is a beast. Props!
    thanks to everyone $#@!ing, they made up for it with free 8gb cards and 4gbs(at least at amazon anyway) for the wifi

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    thanks to everyone $#@!ing, they made up for it with free 8gb cards and 4gbs(at least at amazon anyway) for the wifi
    Indeed man indeed. Good move by them. It's actually fairly cool from them.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The one at Best Buy probably isn't the final hardware. Some early reviews here on Good Game were done on hardware that wasn't the final version.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Poster
    I gave it a 10

It can be improved so much and you can do so much with it, this little device got a great future

Super Elite
    I voted 8, but know it has room for improvements, the game library has potential especially with Sony brilliant stable of developers at its disposal. It should improve with firmware updates in other aspects that are not gaming related, but more of online presence which is a major component that Sony is going after with Vita as it feels just as connected as anything on any console

Dare i say even my experience with my short time i was on Live, for crying out loud i can literally reach out and message gamers within my block and shoot them a message with Near get together and join a local clan if i do desire, if thats not the pinnacle of social gaming i dont know what is.

I just hope more developers get on board and release every major 3rd party game coming out on ps3 or 360, but have the vita version available too.

Because with my lack of time to game at home, hardcore portable gaming is my only solution even if its in short burst,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Forum Guru
    Would you guys recommend it to a friend?

Right now, I currently said no. Unless you are hardcore gamer, I don't not recommend it. Its a great console, but there are not alot of console sellers or any AAA titles, just solid titles. I told my friend to wait until christmas or 2013.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS

Right now, I currently said no. Unless you are hardcore gamer, I don't not recommend it. Its a great console, but there are not alot of console sellers or any AAA titles, just solid titles. I told my friend to wait until christmas or 2013.
    I just showed them all the console. Told them there's many games they might like right out of the gate! Most of them were all blown away by all the tech going on with it.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Poster

Sure i would, you don't have to be a hardcore gamer to own or to recommend a vita to your friends

the vita got so many things not just for gaming, casual gamers can enjoy it very well, and it's just the start
    the vita just launched few days ago.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Sure i would, you don't have to be a hardcore gamer to own or to recommend a vita to your friends

the vita got so many things not just for gaming, casual gamers can enjoy it very well, and it's just the start
    the vita just launched few days ago.

exactly as of right now I wouldn't recommend it to Friend. I enjoy it but there are not of stellar titles in the launch/launch window.Their psp library should be enough to hold them over until fall time. futures bright, but at the current price and bland library, I'm going to have to say hold off. if you are not a hardcore PS fan, this can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Indeed man indeed. Good move by them. It's actually fairly cool from them.
    Not really As a consumer, I expected them to do it. It would be really douchy of them not to do it since memory cards price were literally announced a few weeks japan release, couple months before launch. Not thanking sony for something that should have been required in the first place. Would you buy a computer without an hdd? Would it be cool of the pc manafacurer to throw in an free hdd? no, it wouldn't. because, its expected lol.I, however am glad they did.
    Last edited by floetry; 02-27-2012 at 07:08.

Master Poster
    exactly as of right now I wouldn't recommend it to Friend. I enjoy it but there are not of stellar titles in the launch/launch window.Their psp library should be enough to hold them over until fall time. futures bright, but at the current price and bland library, I'm going to have to say hold off. if you are not a hardcore PS fan, this can wait.

Not really As a consumer, I expected them to do it. It would be really douchy of them not to do it since memory cards price were literally announced a few weeks japan release, couple months before launch. Not thanking sony for something that should have been required in the first place. Would you buy a computer without an hdd? Would it be cool of the pc manafacurer to throw in an free hdd? no, it wouldn't. because, its expected lol.I, however am glad they did.
    You wouldn't, Many people would, and if you're not happy with it cuz of the price etc that doesn't mean everyone the same, many ppl are getting it, it's the best handheld out there you can't deny that, there nothing like it

you don't want to recommend it basically cause there are not many games? stupid reason if you ask me
    it's like you're saying you wouldn't recommend a ps3 back in 2007 cause it just launched and it got nnot many games... bad excuse.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    You wouldn't, Many people would, and if you're not happy with it cuz of the price etc that doesn't mean everyone the same, many ppl are getting it, it's the best handheld out there you can't deny that, there nothing like it

you don't want to recommend it basically cause there are not many games? stupid reason if you ask me
    it's like you're saying you wouldn't recommend a ps3 back in 2007 cause it just launched and it got nnot many games... bad excuse.
    LOL..Um, thats the perfect excuse? did you forget the price of the ps3 when it launched?

I didn;t say I wouldn't recommend it, just NOT NOW if you're not a hardcore gamer or ps fan.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'd definitely recommend it to any friends that are fans of the Playstation brand.

Thread Information