Forum Guru

How do I delete gamesaves?

Is there a way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If it's a game that saves on the cart, just long press the bubble, and delete it. Then remove, and reinsert the cart to start over. If it's a downloaded game, then you have to do the same, but you'll have to reinstall the game to play it again; that means downloading it AGAIN. Just one of the many fubar software problems with the Vita right now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If it's a game that saves on the cart, just long press the bubble, and delete it. Then remove, and reinsert the cart to start over. If it's a downloaded game, then you have to do the same, but you'll have to reinstall the game to play it again; that means downloading it AGAIN. Just one of the many fubar software problems with the Vita right now.
    But if you delete a downloaded game you'll still have to download it again in order to play it no matter what platform.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-27-2012 at 06:12.

Forum Guru
    What the...

thats messed up

I tried that bubble thing before but it doesn't do it. uncharted is 4mb on there, on the game cartride, it says 64mb i believe. i want to delete that.
    Last edited by floetry; 02-27-2012 at 06:36.
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But if you delete a downloaded game you'll still have to download it again in order to play it no matter what platform.
    Here's the problem. You can't delete the game save, and keep the game data. THAT is the problem. Obviously if you delete the game data for a digital game on any platform, you'll have to download the game again.

edit

flo - try removing the cart first, then deleting the bubble, then re-insert the cart.
    Last edited by F34R; 02-27-2012 at 06:40.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Here's the problem. You can't delete the game save, and keep the game data. THAT is the problem.
    Oh ok, I gotcha now that you clarified your post. Yeah, that is screwed up.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-27-2012 at 06:39.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Flo, try removing the cart first, then deleting the bubble, then insert the cart.

Forum Guru
    Here's the problem. You can't delete the game save, and keep the game data. THAT is the problem. Obviously if you delete the game data for a digital game on any platform, you'll have to download the game again.
    apparently for cartridges as well. They'll let you delete dlc or psp saves but not vitas.

I'm pretty sure the bubble is short cut and game data? Idk. When I click on the uncharted tab, the page loads up and I click the download arrow(orange by the in game manual) it shows an update for uncharted 67mb. So I guess, since I never downloaded the patch, i don't need to delete it lol. I was just looking because the game said 64mb and I couldn't find that 64mb. Who knows if it was including the patch in the boxart?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    This is one of my only complains with the Vita. It needs a section for gamesaves like the PS3/PSP

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    As daft as it sound cant we just go into the game and start new game and overwrite the current save file.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I know if you start a new career in Hustle Kings, it'll erase the existing career save.

I think there is a way you can just delete the game data, it's somewhere in the settings-application data? I could be wrong..

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The Application Data Management screen has the following:

• Saved Data (PSP/Other) - used to verify and delete saved game data for the PSP
    • Add-On Data (PS Vita) - verify the add-on data for the applications for the PS Vita system
    • Add-On Data (PSP) - used to verify and delete add-on data for PSP game content purchased from the store

Those three options won't help with this issue.
    Last edited by F34R; 02-27-2012 at 08:36.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Looking better and better that I didn't purchase the Vita off top. That sounds pretty frustrating and stupid. Let's see if it isn't ridiculous by years end.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    Although I can understand the frustration I never ever had the need to only delete the savegames of any game in the five years I'm having my PS3 now. When I'm done with the game I delete it completely and while I'm playing the game I do either need them or start a new game if I don't which usually overwrites my existing savegames. Serious question: What do you need this for?

16. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information