Elite Guru

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - More details arrive

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...etails-arrive/

Following its official announcement last week, the first proper Medal of Honor: Warfighter details have arrived via OXM US.
    Yet again developed by EA's Danger Close, Warfighter continues its focus on the real-life elite soliders, the Tier 1 Operators.

Powered by Battlefield 3's Frostbite 2.0, rather than the dual-engine setup of the last game, Warfighter's visual upgrade allows for intricate details such as swaying chandeliers, splinters fraying from support beams and gunfire that sends papers flying from desks, says OXM.
    Warfighter's story again loosely follows actual events and soldiers, and is co-written by real operators during mission downtime, but Danger Close says it's going for "authenticity" rather than "simulation" (your health will still recharge).
    Preacher, Voodoo, Mother and other major players from the last game return, and they'll be visiting locations such as a flooded Isabela City in the Philippines.
    This time around it sounds like there will be slightly more player choice offered during missions, with one example described by OXM having players choose how to breach a building (kick down the door, C4, flashbang etc).
    Multiplayer is being developed in-house at Danger Close, rather than by DICE, and Tier 1 Operator forces will be represented, including the SAS (British), SASR (Australian), KSK (German), and Grom (Polish).
    Fans should also expect a one-shot-kill "hardcore" mode and some kind of co-op support (although a full campaign seems unlikey, says OXM).

2. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    This game has a chance of being my GOTY if it's anything like the first one. I love the fact that we can approach missions in a different avenue. Thanks for posting.

4. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice find Tekken. I'm glad that there is now confirmation that Dice will have nothing to do with MP. Thank You!!!!!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSN ID
    rikboone87
    I really enjoyed the first one. It was different to COD and BF which is a good thing. Hopefully they will improve on 1st one and this could be epic if they do!

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    they really need to focus a lot on single player. everyone has $#@!in' MP

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Guru
    What happened to Medal of Honor? It used to be able the personal story of sacrifice and the horrors of war, and it's now turned into a blind "dude-bro" story about how cool it is to be in the army. Why have our games become a recruitment propaganda?

Superior Member

The last game was brilliant hoping this will be just as good.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Me excited.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    "One-shot kill Hardcore mode"

That sounds so beast mode, but I know what's going to happen so I won't get excited. So I'll leave with this...

"Haha, please..."

$Greatness$ Awaits™

12. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    What happened to Medal of Honor? It used to be able the personal story of sacrifice and the horrors of war, and it's now turned into a blind "dude-bro" story about how cool it is to be in the army. Why have our games become a recruitment propaganda?
    look at brothers in arms. best series for that. now they want to be inglorious basterds

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    look at brothers in arms. best series for that. now they want to be inglorious basterds
    *facepalm*

I love brothers in arms for the same reason I used to love the WW2 Cod and moh games.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Is it still worth getting the first one?

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    If you can find it cheap, yeah. The campaign isn't bad, the MP is though. The PS3 version also comes with Frontline.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    There is about 750 or less people playing online per day....so that is dwindling. Which sucks, because the online is awesome. The campaign alone is worth it though. Rent it for the campaign.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    If you can find it cheap, yeah. The campaign isn't bad, the MP is though. The PS3 version also comes with Frontline.
    Frontline is actually one of the main reasons I'm considering this at the moment. I will never forget that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    There is about 750 or less people playing online per day....so that is dwindling. Which sucks, because the online is awesome. The campaign alone is worth it though. Rent it for the campaign.
    Damn, I'm more of a multiplayer guy when it comes to shooters.

Thread Information