Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and 3D aren't spin-offs. BBS is as important as I & II (to explain where Xehanort is coming from and what we'll be against in KHIII) and 3D is an important lead-up to the third game (Sora & Riku preparing to go against Xehanort, though everything seems to go wrong). The only worthless games are 358/2 Days and ReCoded (at least story-wise, though they are not the best from a gameplay POV either). But BBS & 3D could pretty much be numbered titles. They simply aren't because... well, the story is build in such a way that III is supposed to be the end of the current storylines, so something like 3D can't be Kingdom Hearts III.

That, plus both BBS & 3D wipe the floor with the PS2 games, as far as offering some truly fantastic & fun action RPG gameplay goes.

And lulz at the story headline. Kingdom Hearts doesn't suck. BBS is one of the best action RPGs ever, even exceeding Squaresoft's own classics. And I, Re:CoM and II (Final Mix) aren't horrible either.
    I guess its safe to say "That article sucks (but it doesn't have to)"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't say BBS was a spinoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    the route they're going on now it just seems like its all about the portables we haven't had a console release in what 6 yrs? the only portable ones i liked were bbs and days at the least they should hd collection kh 1,2 and maybe add in bbs with it too
    We haven't seen a console release for so long because Nomura has been busy with other projects, mainly Final Fantasy Versus XIII which just went into full production last year. Hopefully we can see it again at this year's Tokyo Game Show.

Superior Member
    I don't mind that a piece of crap like that is written. I do mind that the writers consider themselves professional writers and journalists. It's embarrassing a website like ign lets something as atrocious as that to be written.

As for the series, I've never played it. I actually managed to get I and II recently, but I still need to get a ps2 to play them.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I only played the first one and I loved the $#@! out of it.

6. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I only played the first one and I loved the $#@! out of it.
    Wow I should use this expression more often.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I just read the article.... I am shocked at how terrible it is. The author clearly does not understand the point of the games, the story line, or the purpose of sequential numbering. If a game isn't the 3rd game in the series, it shouldn't be called number 3, hence the alternate titles. I would say that this was a joke, but I just can't force myself to believe it.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    I just read the article.... I am shocked at how terrible it is. The author clearly does not understand the point of the games, the story line, or the purpose of sequential numbering. If a game isn't the 3rd game in the series, it shouldn't be called number 3, hence the alternate titles. I would say that this was a joke, but I just can't force myself to believe it.
    -FatesServant
    Indeed.

I know people often ridicule IGN but this article is simply the worst I've ever read. It's also pretty funny how the top comment had been edited by a moderator to say that it was the best article IGN had ever written.

I mean, what the hell?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-29-2012 at 19:20.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    This caused so much buzz that IGN made a video:

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

Wow so it is official. IGN is now run by a bunch of immature kids. Congrats on being the new joke of the internet IGN. "Well written article." LOL right...
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

I don't know where to begin.. wow, their immaturity level has gone through the roof.

Super Elite
    Ign is the King of Fools! XD
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I am now starting to think this was a joke. Were their feelings really that hurt by the "immature" gaming community tearing apart a poor article. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and people said theirs. Not to mention that the article just screams that the author truly didn't understand the series. Some of the points could have been legitimately made, but, the article failed to do that. I feel bad for IGN that they get so offended by online criticism (it's the internet, your opinion is completely open to attack. If you didn't want it to be, don't state it in such an abrupt way) that they feel the need to try and get people to apologize to the guy. I love his comment that people are being immature and whining, yet all this video does is make it seem like they can't handle being a part of the online video game community. So, I'm going to write this all up as a joke. It's funny that way. If it's not, then dang is it sad.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

15. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Super Elite
    I just read the article. The article didn't really say anything at all. The most it said was "I'm sure Disney fans wanted to visit Jungle Book and not Tarzan," and then "Kingdom Hearts sucks bcuz it isn't multiplat," followed by "Kingdom Hearts sucks bcuz of its name."

The whole article was a whole bunch of nothing. He didn't really at any point actually talk about the game itself but rather it could be marketed better for which none of was ever noteworthy. Such a misleading title intended to gather the trolls on both sides. All this nonsense about "I'm sure the fans want this and not that." The article really was a bunch of nothing.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-29-2012 at 23:52.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Ultimate Veteran
    This is why I limit my reading of video game-centric news to sites like PSU and Joystiq.

IGN have made it clear that they're just a bunch of hypocritical, elitist douchebags. If they didn't feel it was a problem then they wouldn't need to make a video. But they decided to anyway to make it look like we aren't allowed to say anything bad about their poorly-written articles.

I know they like to think that they're writing these pieces "for their friends -- the gamers in the video game community" but they're making the assumption that there aren't adults reading their material as well. So they're really just pandering to the impressionable 4-chan kids with the stupid dubstep cat and super cool story bro memes. None of it is the least bit clever.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-01-2012 at 02:35.

Superior Member
    I thought maybe the editor was sleeping and let that atrocious piece of writing go through because he wasn't paying attention, but apparently IGN actually stands behind that...

And by the way, if everybody is entitled to an opinion, why were they so aggressive towards people who disliked it? I guess people have the freedom to say whatever they want as long as they agree with IGN. I'm glad I stopped visited that website. I'll make a point to never go back.

Thread Information