Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Kingdom Hearts Sucks (But it Doesn't Have To)

The article is too long to post. So follow the link here

Having only played the console games I agree that story telling will have to pick up the pace. I wish I could have played Birth By Sleep, but I'm still hoping for a PSP remaster for the ps3 like GOW origins. I know some people will disagree with the article (I do on some points).

Super Elite
    It was about Disney so I never really expected too much from the story at all. Tho surprisingly, I felt the combat as well to be too much action and not enough RPG in the sense that Mass Effect is. And the action aspect of the game was too simplistic with no real depth. I found Kingdom Hearts to be a big disappointment
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    Kingdom Hearts has been in a weird spot for a long time. The last few games were made to appeal to the Japanese consumer, imo. Not that I blame Square for that decision, but still...

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I like more action in my RPGs and that's why I like tales of and KH games. The soundtrack and visuals are awesome for KH games. I regularly listen to their songs and in fact am teaching myself on the piano.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the gameplay. BBS has improved it by a mile (wish I had it).

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I agree with most of this article, except the multi platform part. I just don't understand why so many people want kingdom hearts to be multi platform. However, it's going to happen. What he did get right was third pary exclusives are dead.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    i enjoy the KH games but unfortunately i havent played any of the newer ones since they are on handhelds, i was kinda bummed out that the new one is coming to the 3DS, hopefully they port it to the vita or something.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    By the way, this thread needs to be moved to the JRPG section. Kingdom Hearts is a RPG.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    OMG..who the hell let an intern write an article?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    moved to the JRPG section.

I have a soft spot for Kingdom Hearts. I feel that the portable spin offs, although enjoyable are pretty lackluster compared to I and II. I think the series should stay on consoles/PlayStation and just continue with the main story

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Lol ign lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

El Presidente
    I so agree that KH2 was confusing but I enjoyed playing the game.

Will you just make KH3 already! Man you're getting like HL3 and Valve.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Super Elite
    The first Kingdom Hearts will always be a classic coming of age tale. Everything following is just a pretty, albeit fun button masher. Birth by Sleep included.

Ultimate Veteran
    Was this article written by a 12-year old?

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Ugh, what a moronic article. Sorry but I couldn't read past the first paragraph..

Dedicated Member
    The guy is right that the events in 2 can be a pain to explain, but I understand it from playing through, and that to me is the sign of a great game.
    PSN and 360Live: Zombieking36

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I haven't played Birth by Sleep nor will I play KHDDD although I have been following the series. By this May it'll be 6 years since the release of Kingdom Hearts 2. The story really was complex to a point but the portable games were design to stay in line with the main core titles.

Birth by Sleep is Kingdom Hearts prequel that's about the becoming of Xehanort (shown in KH2). Main Villain is Old Xehanort (before his body was fused with Terra; becoming Xehanort).

Last edited by robvandam111; 02-28-2012 at 15:24.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Dude mind putting all that in spoilers ^^
    I almost read some crucial plot points.

There's still a chance I'll play BBS and DDD

18. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Poster
    did the writer say that no one has set foot in kingdom hearts? has he even played the games, lol? XD
    Such a bad article.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    did the writer say that no one has set foot in kingdom hearts? has he even played the games, lol? XD
    Such a bad article.
    That is why I hate opinionated articles written by some random dude.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    Such a bad article.
    That is why I hate opinionated articles written by some random dude.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    the route they're going on now it just seems like its all about the portables we haven't had a console release in what 6 yrs? the only portable ones i liked were bbs and days at the least they should hd collection kh 1,2 and maybe add in bbs with it too

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

23. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Loved the first one, if they decide to on;y do a KH1 remaster like they are for FFX then I'll be fine but would prefer all 3 PS2 games. Birth by Sleep was good but they need to stop with all these spin offs now, I haven't bought any of them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Dude mind putting all that in spoilers ^^
    I almost read some crucial plot points.

There's still a chance I'll play BBS and DDD
    I hope that's a face , my apology.

Just to let you know, you're going to have to play BBS Final Mix. One of the facts I posted is from that version of the game.

DDD hasn't been released yet and it takes place after KH-Coded. That should rope with KH3 regarding what I saw on that special trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    i enjoy the KH games but unfortunately i havent played any of the newer ones since they are on handhelds, i was kinda bummed out that the new one is coming to the 3DS, hopefully they port it to the vita or something.
    Agreed. I've missed so many games since I don't really have any need to own one handheld, let alone multiple ones.

I remember getting a GBA just to play Chain of Memories (and of course, that one they ended up porting to the PS2, go figure). Then more started coming out for other portables and I said forget it, I'll just wait for KH3. And I'm still waiting...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Loved the first one, if they decide to on;y do a KH1 remaster like they are for FFX then I'll be fine but would prefer all 3 PS2 games. Birth by Sleep was good but they need to stop with all these spin offs now, I haven't bought any of them anyway.
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and 3D aren't spin-offs. BBS is as important as I & II (to explain where Xehanort is coming from and what we'll be against in KHIII) and 3D is an important lead-up to the third game (Sora & Riku preparing to go against Xehanort, though everything seems to go wrong). The only worthless games are 358/2 Days and ReCoded (at least story-wise, though they are not the best from a gameplay POV either). But BBS & 3D could pretty much be numbered titles. They simply aren't because... well, the story is build in such a way that III is supposed to be the end of the current storylines, so something like 3D can't be Kingdom Hearts III.

That, plus both BBS & 3D wipe the floor with the PS2 games, as far as offering some truly fantastic & fun action RPG gameplay goes.

And lulz at the story headline. Kingdom Hearts doesn't suck. BBS is one of the best action RPGs ever, even exceeding Squaresoft's own classics. And I, Re:CoM and II (Final Mix) aren't horrible either.
    Last edited by Azu; 02-28-2012 at 21:28.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

28. Likes Itachi likes this post

Thread Information