Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member

I didn't say they couldn't...just that they have not done that for any other PS2 games that I am aware of. That and I would have to believe that would be much more difficult than simply making it playable offline. I could be wrong. That said...the only way I see it coming over is a PSN online only...because the single player was solid...but definately not worthy of replay in any of those games. I guess I just don't see it because you don't see them talking about bringing back Killzones or Twisted Metal or any other PS2 games multiplayer.

I really think if they wanted that game..they would have made Socom 4 like that.....they simply don't want to make that game! With the success of COD I have to believe they simply don't feel that the old school Socom would be successful in the current market. I think they look at sales and while I am sure there are hundreds of thousands that would love to buy it...are there millions like those that bought GOW remakes to make it a profitable endevor? If they for a minute thought there would be enough sales I am sure someone at Sony would do it. Just because a group makes the most noise doesn't mean they are the largest group. I have no doubt that you would see thousands of gamers playing it online every night no doubt but that doesn't mean it would be successful for Sony financially...maybe it would..but I think Sony has enough intelligent people that have figured that out.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I didn't say they couldn't...just that they have not done that for any other PS2 games that I am aware of. That and I would have to believe that would be much more difficult than simply making it playable offline. I could be wrong. That said...the only way I see it coming over is a PSN online only...because the single player was solid...but definately not worthy of replay in any of those games. I guess I just don't see it because you don't see them talking about bringing back Killzones or Twisted Metal or any other PS2 games multiplayer.

I really think if they wanted that game..they would have made Socom 4 like that.....they simply don't want to make that game! With the success of COD I have to believe they simply don't feel that the old school Socom would be successful in the current market. I think they look at sales and while I am sure there are hundreds of thousands that would love to buy it...are there millions like those that bought GOW remakes to make it a profitable endevor? If they for a minute thought there would be enough sales I am sure someone at Sony would do it. Just because a group makes the most noise doesn't mean they are the largest group. I have no doubt that you would see thousands of gamers playing it online every night no doubt but that doesn't mean it would be successful for Sony financially...maybe it would..but I think Sony has enough intelligent people that have figured that out.

whaat?! lol this post is funny because you keep contradicting yourself.

OT: how do you get psp games to play on the vita because my socom ftb2/3 will not show up for me to transfer! is there any other way to transfer games?

Apprentice

Comes down to profit.

Extreme Poster

If they made a remake, obviously it would be only due to its online play. Otherwise they just wouldn't make it. Simple.

$#@!, Mortal Kombat 2 from years ago has online play. I think they may choosing not to include them on purpose, if it's true.

Either way, the whole millions vs thousands goes out the door because S4 did not sell millions. It sold barely a million. All previous home-console SOCOMS sold more than a couple of million each.

So Zipper screwed up, Sony screwed up. They need to just try to bite what they can chew. Not everyone is going after COD, they didn't even do a good job of it. I would take COD4 over SOCOM 4 any day of the goddamn week.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mastawiz View Post
    WHAAAAAT!

MP was a huge miss and their oh so heavily focused SP that they tried to be cinematic about was very bland, boring, and repetitive.
    I found find the single player and multiplayer to be the best. IMO and experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rufftactics
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    wow you almost gave me a heart attack! please dont do that again
    Exactly!!! Damn people will never understand Socom 1-2.
    My favorite online game!
    Makes me wanna play some Nightstalker, Desert Glory and Fish Hook

PSN: RuffTactics
    Steam: RuffTactics
    Facebook

Like Hip-Hop Instrumentals? Check Out My Produced Music Below
    Produced By Rob.D

Superior Member

I know Socom 4 flopped. I played the demo and knew it wasn't for me. I just think that while there are several thousand/maybe a hundred thousand Socom fans out there that isn't enough...no matter how loud they clammer for Socom2. I think game developers get crap wrong all the time. I mean look at the most successful game this gen...has it changed at all this gen. Nope. People like COD because of its ease to play and that it never changes...only gets new maps. Socom could have definately benefited from that instead of trying to innovate too much and be what other games were. It doesn't need vehicles like battlefield nor perks like cod. Developers in general get so caught up thinking they need to change with each game that they fail to realize what was successful about the first game. I really think people should see that COD is a rip off...should just be DLC for online because it never changes yet they sell more and more because it is just like the last. You don't change a winning formula. If Socom would have took this advice they would have sold millions more. I think we are at the point now though that while those that love Socom are widely supportive and vocal about it..that sadly there isn't enough to make porting this game over in hd. That has to be what Sony thinks else they would have done it.

Also they wouldn't be able to charge $60 for Socom2 and have move support and push all that other crap. They feel like selling a new game is more productive even if it is worse.
    Last edited by davin_g; 02-29-2012 at 18:07.

Extreme Poster
    I know Socom 4 flopped. I played the demo and knew it wasn't for me. I just think that while there are several thousand/maybe a hundred thousand Socom fans out there that isn't enough...no matter how loud they clammer for Socom2. I think game developers get crap wrong all the time. I mean look at the most successful game this gen...has it changed at all this gen. Nope. People like COD because of its ease to play and that it never changes...only gets new maps. Socom could have definately benefited from that instead of trying to innovate too much and be what other games were. It doesn't need vehicles like battlefield nor perks like cod. Developers in general get so caught up thinking they need to change with each game that they fail to realize what was successful about the first game. I really think people should see that COD is a rip off...should just be DLC for online because it never changes yet they sell more and more because it is just like the last. You don't change a winning formula. If Socom would have took this advice they would have sold millions more. I think we are at the point now though that while those that love Socom are widely supportive and vocal about it..that sadly there isn't enough to make porting this game over in hd. That has to be what Sony thinks else they would have done it.

Also they wouldn't be able to charge $60 for Socom2 and have move support and push all that other crap. They feel like selling a new game is more productive even if it is worse.
    That's where you're wrong. SOCOM has a multi-million following, not a 100k. There were 100k online at any moment (peak times). Trust me, they have HAD a following.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style

the lure of past socom titles to me (and probably others) where how hardcore they made it, it was not an easy game to pick up and start playing (and be good right off the bat). Zipper tried something new and it came back to bite them. not every game needs changing, the formula was already there! you dont change counter strike because COD is selling like crazy, there are ppl out there that will take CS any day over BF3 and COD series

Soldier 95B
    A lot of us veteran SOCOM players were looking forward to some change, some improvements and a campaign similar to what we got with SOCOM 4. Zipper was listening to us on the official forums and incorporated many of the changes. That is why S4 turned out as good as it did for many of us.

I hope S5 if it comes out just builds on 4 and adds a few more requested features.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    A lot of us veteran SOCOM players were looking forward to some change, some improvements and a campaign similar to what we got with SOCOM 4. Zipper was listening to us on the official forums and incorporated many of the changes. That is why S4 turned out as good as it did for many of us.

I hope S5 if it comes out just builds on 4 and adds a few more requested features.

I respect your opinion but I just don't know what to say about this post lol except that you're in the minority.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I respect your opinion but I just don't know what to say about this post lol except that you're in the minority.
    And of course I respect your opinion above as well, though I disagree.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

huh? the official forums had threads with changes to socom? what? where is this thread you speak of? because all i see is ppl making threads on how to refine what was already established. also after seeing what slant 6 did, ppl were already kin on changes

14. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information