Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Hot Shots Golf

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

Hot Shots Golf

I need someone to explain something about this game to me.

I started playing this game and it started out fine. Then I started noticing something. My shots weren't lining up....or going the distance. I don't have the booklet to tell me whats going on.

I choose my power and sometimes the ball doesn't go nearly as far as what is says it's going to go. I've checked it...and theres no wind to adjust it, I'm hitting off of a tee so theres no turf to worry about, and I'm using the same character and ball and club.

It makes no sense. If I line up my shot and it says it's going to go 247yds and I hit it at 100% with a perfect impact it still falls short at times.

Just so no one adds all kinds of stuff to it....the control settings are all even. No wind - no nothing. Theres no reason why the ball should be falling short almost 20yds. That I know of.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    It could be that the ground is uneven so the ball doesn't roll/travel as far as it should? I'm not too experienced on HSG games

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Apprentice

Have you made any adjustments to the clubs or ball? If you choose the beginner club the ball will only travel so far. Another thing that affects the ball distance is the height of the ball flight for each character and the elevation of the course. A character with a low ball flight is going to lose a lot of distances when hitting uphill, if that's the case super backspin will usually carry the ball much farther up the hill. What character/club combination and is there a specific hole?

The characters control stat plays a big part too on how far and how straight the ball goes, if you hit perfect impact all the time the ball will usually go straight and as far as it's supposed. When you miss even by a little a character with a low control stat is going to have the ball go a shorter distance and much less accurate. Characters with high control hit the ball much straighter and longer on mi****s.

Also some characters hate certain conditions which will drop how far the ball goes, if on the character select screen there is anything by the frown face when you pick that person hates that condition. Some hate sand, some hate rough and so on when hitting out of those spots it will go shorter, but you said you're on the tee so that shouldn't be it.

I suddenly realize how much of my life I've blown on this game series

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I don't t think theres any mishandlings like what you're saying. This is with no wind>off the tee> with the same character>same ball> same clubs.

It just seems here and there the ball will dictate itself and I don't know why. It suppose to go 237yds and it lands 20yds short...for no apparent reason.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I don't t think theres any mishandlings like what you're saying. This is with no wind>off the tee> with the same character>same ball> same clubs.

It just seems here and there the ball will dictate itself and I don't know why. It suppose to go 237yds and it lands 20yds short...for no apparent reason.
    I love HotShots but I have no real answer to your question except maybe to suggest that it may be to give a more authentic and realistic feel to the game [of golf]. That no matter the weather/atmoshperic conditions, that you can't hit the ball in exactly the same way twice or thrice

Despite the colourful and hearty presentation, this game is hard as hell sometimes lol

Dedicated Member
    I really hope there is another one to come for the PS3. I really wanted trophies......

Thread Information