Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    http://www.ps3trophies.com all that money they spent on advertising PSV says different.
    No it doesn't. It just means that they launched an aggressive marketing campaign. If you watch the 3 commercials you can tell that they are all aimed at the core gamer. The commercials later down the road will most likely begin to be aimed at a broader demographic. But right now their advertising is obviously aimed at the hardcore gamer. And I'm not talking about the Taco Bell commercial.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-01-2012 at 21:50.

Soldier 95B

Too soon?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    LOL. Definitely too soon, unless that is a Japanese cruiser

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Too soon?
    lol Gotta love the doom and gloomers.

like.no.other
    This doesn't surprise me at all. The mobile/portable gaming market has changed so much since the PSP launched. Most people who are into their tech will have some kind of smartphone now, and a powerful one at that no doubt. Not only that, but 69p for a cheap game, or £1.99 for an expensive one is hard to beat. When I'm out-and-about, I always have my iPhone with me, and occasionally my laptop and iPad too depending on where I am and what I am doing. Do I really want to spend £200+ on another (large) handheld where the games typically cost £30-40, and are no different to what I had/have on PSP and PS3? Not really, no. If the hardware had been around the £150 mark, and games all less than £20, I *might* have given it a look-in. At current prices and with the need to buy rip-off memory cards...nah. This, coming from somobody who normally relishes the thought of owning some hot new tech!
    Phat boy gone slim!

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Actually the PS Vita is a $150 device that we purchase for $250+
    Just.. No.

The Vita is very competitively priced at 250$ considering the hardware. I don't understand why you'd say this.

The 3DS, on the other hand, was highway robbery at 250$.

Compare the PSvita to the current gen iTouch (and it's price) and compare what you get vs what you pay.

7. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Price wise this is how i looked at it:

Seen the official price, was a bit gutted.

Looked at my ipod 32 GB and remembered how much i spent on that and then I realised how the price of the vita is almost perfect, completely worth it considering what it is capable of, especially when a new phone costs over £400( £20 phone + ipod = my needs being achieved at less than half the price of an iphone).

I would happily pay full price for it but waiting for the inevitable price drop as i can tell its not selling all that well. At the end of the day, if it does not have an apple logo on it, it should not be worth over 100£ because its a waste of money...

( comparing to apple as everyone seems to do it, even though the vita IMO is in a different league)

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    This doesn't surprise me at all. The mobile/portable gaming market has changed so much since the PSP launched. Most people who are into their tech will have some kind of smartphone now, and a powerful one at that no doubt. Not only that, but 69p for a cheap game, or £1.99 for an expensive one is hard to beat. When I'm out-and-about, I always have my iPhone with me, and occasionally my laptop and iPad too depending on where I am and what I am doing. Do I really want to spend £200+ on another (large) handheld where the games typically cost £30-40, and are no different to what I had/have on PSP and PS3? Not really, no. If the hardware had been around the £150 mark, and games all less than £20, I *might* have given it a look-in. At current prices and with the need to buy rip-off memory cards...nah. This, coming from somobody who normally relishes the thought of owning some hot new tech!
    A 69p mobile game doesn't compare to full blown console like experience on cutting edge dedicated portable gaming device. Sony isn't going after the Angry Birds market lol. Vita was created for and is being initially aimed at core gamers who want full on blockbuster titles on a device that has the portability of a handheld with the controls of a console, a marriage that CANNOT be matched by a 69p mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Just.. No.

The Vita is very competitively priced at 250$ considering the hardware. I don't understand why you'd say this.

The 3DS, on the other hand, was highway robbery at 250$.

Compare the PSvita to the current gen iTouch (and it's price) and compare what you get vs what you pay.
    I think Lethal was referring to the cost breakdown that was done on the Vita components a few weeks ago. Some tech nerds opened it up and valued the components at about $140.

11. Likes LfCpS3 likes this post
    Ancient
    I don't get people with IPads, I've tried and even the best games are $#@!, let put it this way if Hideo Kojima put a game out on IPad, it'll be a high speed finger wiggling action game, even IB is very shallow game, and and 90% are basically Minis, you just can't compare those to the likes of Uncharted or Wipeout, or even LD, in fact if little deviants was on IPad it was be 10% of the game repeated 10 times,
    The people that can't see the point in the Vita Vs IPad or whatever are the same people that don't see the difference in SD & HD, they download 128kbps albums and cant hear how $#@! they sound, and it's pretty sad, and a shame it effects everyone in the long run,

Sent from my Xperia Ray

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Well personally I love some of the games on the iPad + the fact that it's jailbroken and I can play every Nintendo snes and playstation game on it with either my iPhone as a controller or even a Bluetooth controller like the sixaxis and wiimote...make the iPad pretty powerful. Infinity blade may be simple in control...but its deeply addicting and fun even in long play.

I like my vita better of course for the simple fact that it has it's own buttons and a more powerful processor...

But don't write off the iPad... It's not just an app store game console

Sent from my iPad using Fax.
    Last edited by SomaXD; 03-02-2012 at 22:54.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Well personally I love some of the games on the iPad + the fact that it's jailbroken and I can play every Nintendo snes and playstation game on it with either my iPhone as a controller or even a Bluetooth controller like the sixaxis and wiimote...make the iPad pretty powerful. Infinity blade may be simple in control...but its deeply addicting and fun even in long play.

I like my vita better of course for the simple fact that it has it's own buttons and a more powerful processor...

But don't write off the iPad... It's not just an app store game console

Sent from my iPad using Fax.
    I see what you mean, but...check out my thread I just made and hopefully see where Im comin from

Sent from my Xperia Ray

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information