Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

GAME not stocking Mass Effect 3 or EA games past SSX

UPDATE:
    GAME has issued a statement to Eurogamer in response to the retailer's decision not to stock Mass Effect 3, blaming it on a "supply issue".
    "We currently have a supply issue with regards to Mass Effect 3, which means that GAME and gamestation will not be able to fulfil orders for Mass Effect 3 at this time. We want to give customers as much notice about this as possible and provide them with a range of options ahead of launch."We appreciate that this is disappointing for our customers, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause. We value the loyalty of our customers very highly and as a gesture of goodwill we are providing the following:
    • Customers who have pre-ordered in store, will have the opportunity to add 5 worth of Reward points to their card if they visit us from today through to 16 March 2012.
    • Customers who have placed a deposit for the title will receive refund as well as the 5 worth of Reward points between 1 and 16 March 2012.
    • Customers who have pre-ordered online, will be provided with an online voucher to the value of 5 to be spent on any purchase on our sites.
    Eurogamer was told by GAME staff that customers will receive their refunds in store credit, not cash.

ORIGINAL STORY:
    GAME Group will not be stocking any EA games past SSX in March, including Mass Effect 3, Eurogamer has discovered. This encompasses all GAME and Gamestation stores.
    Various GAME and Gamestation staff alerted Eurogamer to this situation after a company-wide memo was sent out at around 10.30am this morning.Eurogamer has secured an image of this memo, which also reveals that FIFA Street 3, Tiger Woods 13 and Sims 3 Showtime will also not be stocked by GAME Group.Eurogamer has corroborated this information with individual GAME Group stores. The last stocked EA game will be SSX, we were told.If you have a pre-order, GAME will refund you via in-store credit, rather than with cash.EA responded to Eurogamer's request for comment by directing us to a Mass Effect 3 Launch Update website. GAME's absence from the list of retailers speaks volumes.This worrying text followed: "For customers who have pre-ordered the N7 Collector's Edition please re-order your copies through these retailers."These are Amazon, Play, Zavvi and ShopTo. Blockbuster phoned Eurogamer to say it's stocking the N7 Collector's Editio,n too."For further information regarding the Mass Effect 3 Standard Edition with the N7 Warfare Gear in-game weapons pack, please check this page later today," the blurb continued."If you have placed a deposit for a pre-order or are uncertain that your existing pre-order will be guaranteed, please contact your local retailer.""Your local retailer is doing everything possible to make this process as smooth as possible to ensure you get your copy on launch day."HMV told Eurogamer it couldn't comment on a competitor's situation, but confirmed it would be stocking Mass Effect 3 and the rest of EA's titles.
    GAME Group hasn't responded to Eurogamer's request for comment.
    Source

Another nail in the coffin for the high street retailer.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I see Game having to close their doors for business very soon. Their employees would be wise to start applying for another job right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I see Game having to close their doors for business very soon. Their employees would be wise to start applying for another job right now.
    ^^ This

First Activision Vita games and now EA Games?
    Lets just stop stocking games from 2 of the largest Game Pulishers and see how well buisness goes...........
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-01-2012 at 07:22.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    dayummm

I heard a LOT about this today as I work for GAME Australia. Good thing is, it doesn't affect us at all. We have different funding/get different shipments etc. Sah happy, but it does suck for all the UK employees. Biggest release of the year so far and they can't even get it :/

Elite Guru
    These publishers normally use their big hitters to force retailers to take stock of less popular titles that otherwise wouldn't have been purchased.

If Game doesn't have enough liquidity, there's no way they'll take titles there's any risk in moving. The result being, they lose the big titles, too.

This just pushes Game an inch closer to closing their doors.

Dedicated Member
    It's not the shop floor people. It's their procurement team, they are crippling their suppliers with rebates and shorter payment terms. It's not sustainable.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Good. The local Game store's manager is a proper $#@!in bellend. 360 fanboy. Hope he loses his job and never works in videogame retail ever again!!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Lol TOPGUN, the GAME manager here is also like that

The $#@! wouldn't give me back a 20 deposit I put down when pre-ordering the Gears 3 console in September last year. He wouldn't even give me back my deposit when I said I don't want the console anymore, he said the deposit is to reserve the console so if you don't want it it's available for anyone else to buy but you can't have the deposit back. I wanted the console though, so after a heated discussion I purchased it. Didn't wanna lose any more money cos of this $#@!

When I got home one of the other employees (not the $#@! manager) rang me and said that 'apparently' I was meant to get my 20 deposit back because head office called them after the transaction went through and told them that they were wrong to not give it to me

So instead of waiting for me to go back to the store to get my money back, they conveniently put the 20 note on to my GAME reward card, so it's locked to purchases in their store. $#@!ING $#@!S.

To top it off, his reasoning for not giving me my money back was that I reserved the console. As if it's in super high demand lol. Two weeks later I walk past game and the exact same bundle that I got on launch had 50 slashed off it. Jeez

Okay, I'm done
    Last edited by Nitey; 03-01-2012 at 14:11.

Elite Guru
    One thing to remember is that in most cases, these people aren't acting like idiots just to be idiots.

There's pressure coming from somewhere in their firm that leads them to act the way they do. You can guarantee the manager is a lot more scared of the guy who pays his salary than he is about the customer in his face over a 20 deposit.

Long story short, the company is normally responsible for their employees behaviour in some way. Though there are times people are just d*cks.

Thread Information