Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Multiplayer on Vita

From what I've seen, none of these games have multiplayer. Will any of the Vita games support real multiplayer. I'm not talkin' time-attacks and score beating like this is Tetris. I say that because I saw that the Unit 13 game doesn't even support multiplayer. Just was curious on what's the deal with that. Couldn't understand why anyone would buy the 3G version if you can't even use it to the fullest. In my opinion at least.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    You can't play online using 3G. Online play is wireless only. As for the question you're asking, I don't really know...

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    None of what games? If you mean launch games, quite a few of them support competitive multiplayer

There are a few bummers like Modnation that don't, which sucks. Unit 13 supports co-op multiplayer

Yeah 3G does not allow you to play online. I'm assuming it's because the connection, from my experience, is far too spikey to provide any sort of gratifying experience 'on the move'. It's mostly for the social apps/web browsing/near.. party chat(?)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Multiplayer over 3G speeds would suck ass. It would take a 4G connection to prevent lag and with a 20mb limit you will not be playing online anyways. 3G is used for those who want to use their GPS, access the PS Store, emails, Near, ect.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, like I reported a couple years ago here... 3g can work fine with some games. It also doesn't use that much bandwidth at all. I round of COD BLOPS would only use around 15MB of data.

Elite Guru
    I actually played WoW over 3G a few times. It wasn't bad at all. To compare, the latency was similar to the feeling of playing PSone classics over PSP remote play. It was decent - but then again, my phone that was tethered sat in one place the whole time.

From my experience, 3G fluctuates wildly - sometimes it runs like a dream (for web browsing) other times it's slow as $#@!. It would suck for gaming on the go imo

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Too much talk bout 3G... The real question was, why are all the announced titles for the PSvita barely have any MP functions.

LBP2 is pretty much the only one I've seen with MP and that's only with 3 other players. It also seems like the Resistance title won't even support online, or at least nothing has been announced about MP. I'd only be buying Resistance if it comes with good MP support. SP is all fine and dandy for playing games when there's no wifi about, but in todays world wifi is nearly everywhere and I want games with a great load of MP.

CoD may just be the first to support "true" MP, if it doesn't then well its going to fail hard while making the PSVita look unattractive to all them CoD players out there
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Elite Guru
    Fifa Football
    WipEout 2048
    HotShots Golf
    Virtua Tennis 4
    BlazBlue
    UMvC
    Ridge Racer
    MLB the show
    F1 2011

All have competitive multiplayer as far as I know. I think Hustle kings and Top darts may also have too
    Hopefully resistance has a competitive MP as well, would keep that itch satisfied until CoD or Killzone release

Edit: Unit 13 supports co-op online MP, which seems pretty cool for a game like that

9. Likes The Cage, TheBreezyBB , Lethal , F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Research, research, research.... it helps. Good post Nitey.

11. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I was under the impression that games on the VITA won't support 3G for online play. The possibility of online over 3G wasn't really the question by the OP.

It was regarding the PS VITA + 3G, and as far as I am aware, games won't support 3G for online play.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Playing online from the 3g Vita, no. Playing online tethered to a 3g connection, yes.

As far as the OP goes, the 3g is being used, whatever "the fullest" means though... dunno.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Disregarding the fact that you can't game over 3G, I've been playing a LOT of WipEout 2048 Multiplayer and it works better than in WipEout HD on PS3. Totally awesome.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Fifa Football
    WipEout 2048
    HotShots Golf
    Virtua Tennis 4
    BlazBlue
    UMvC
    Ridge Racer
    MLB the show
    F1 2011

All have competitive multiplayer as far as I know. I think Hustle kings and Top darts may also have too
    Hopefully resistance has a competitive MP as well, would keep that itch satisfied until CoD or Killzone release

Edit: Unit 13 supports co-op online MP, which seems pretty cool for a game like that
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Research, research, research.... it helps. Good post Nitey.
    Like F34R said, good post but for me all those games are not the MP titles I want. Unit 13 will be good for co-op but I want so true competitive MP like at least 5v5+ online shooter. Which is weird there hasn't been any info on any such games as that's the type of game that has the biggest market for online play. Surely CoD will have online, as like I said before the game won't sell as much without it. Even though I haven't been a fan of it since MW1 apart from zombies I'll probably have to pick it up.

Of course I don't mind waiting as I know they will come, but I do want my online portable competitive 1st/3rd person shooter fix (by portable I do mean wifi only, wifi is everywhere these days)
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Dedicated Member
    I agree, due to the sheer popularity, I am amazed a decent fully competitive online military MP game wasn't available at launch.....they would fly off the shelves......as well as shift more vitas too
    PSN = prison_inmate

17. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    From what I've seen, none of these games have multiplayer. Will any of the Vita games support real multiplayer. I'm not talkin' time-attacks and score beating like this is Tetris. I say that because I saw that the Unit 13 game doesn't even support multiplayer. Just was curious on what's the deal with that. Couldn't understand why anyone would buy the 3G version if you can't even use it to the fullest. In my opinion at least.

Are you getting the Vita? Will be getting mine at the end of March, will have to add you if you get it.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpike View Post
    Like F34R said, good post but for me all those games are not the MP titles I want. Unit 13 will be good for co-op but I want so true competitive MP like at least 5v5+ online shooter. Which is weird there hasn't been any info on any such games as that's the type of game that has the biggest market for online play. Surely CoD will have online, as like I said before the game won't sell as much without it. Even though I haven't been a fan of it since MW1 apart from zombies I'll probably have to pick it up.

Of course I don't mind waiting as I know they will come, but I do want my online portable competitive 1st/3rd person shooter fix (by portable I do mean wifi only, wifi is everywhere these days)
    I understand. If by 'true' multiplayer the OP meant a shooter with 5v5 or something then yeah there is nothing like that available. But the truth is there is a lot of games that support fleshed out online modes, as well as some that are semi online. Asynchronous? Time attacks or whatever

I'm not a list guy but just wanted to post what games do indeed have online multiplayer incase this mis-information puts people off of Vita

I think at this point, in terms of what CoD is known for and loved for, a full CoD experience is almost guaranteed this fall

Thread Information