Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Great screens. This game looks so awesome!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    Ubisoft sued over alleged Assassin's Creed copyright infringement

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-infringement/

John L. Beiswenger, research engineer and science-fiction author, is suing Ubisoft for allegedly ripping off his novel 'Link', which he claims has numerous similarities with Assassin's Creed.
    Beiswenger's novel is part sci-fi, part theoretical science and explores the idea of ancestors' memories being "accessed, recalled, relived and re-experienced" using a special device called the "Bio-synchronizer".
    According to his legal complaint, Link also touches on assassins and assassinations.
    "If John Wilkes Booth fathered a child after he assassinated Lincoln, and we found a descendant alive today, we could place Booth at the scene and perhaps smell the gunpowder. Ancestral memories? As far back as you want," reads an excerpt from the novel.
    Additionally, the plaintiff says there are thematic similarities between his work and Ubisoft's high-profile gaming series. In particular "spiritual and biblical tones, with references made to Jesus and God, the Garden of Eden, and forbidden fruit", as well as the reliance on "accurate historical moments through their ancestors' memories".
    The writer claims: "Ubisoft have directly copied, and directly and contributorily infringed on the whole of Plaintiff's copyrighted work" with the release of games, guides, comic book series and trailers.
    In total he is seeking "damages in an amount not less than $1.05 million", with that sum increasing to $5.25 million if the judge rules in his favour. Beiswenger is also trying to prevent the release of Assassin's Creed III and all related products

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Assassin's Creed 3 Special Edition is GAME exclusive

UPDATE: The Freedom Edition of Assassin's Creed 3 is a Gamestop exclusive, Ubisoft has confirmed to Eurogamer. It features two different exclusive missions: the Templar-fighting Ghost of War level and Lost Mayan Ruins adventure, which award The Pontiac's War Club weapon and Captain Kidd's cutlass, among other bonuses.

ORIGINAL STORY: Assassin's Creed 3's already-announced Special Edition will be exclusively available at GAME, the recently revived retailer has revealed.

The Assassin's Creed 3 GAME Exclusive Edition, as it is now named, boasts the exclusive in-game campaign mission "A Dangerous Secret" and flintlock musket weapon.

It costs £39.99 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, or £34.99 on PC.

"A Dangerous Secret" sees hero Connor discover something that could jeopardise the funding of the American Revolution. Mysterious.

The GAME Exclusive Edition complements two other special versions of Assassin's Creed 3. Firstly, the Join or Die Edition, which offers a different exclusive mission plus various collectible items. Then there's the Freedom Edition: the most lavish of them all. It includes two exclusive missions, a figurine and other bits and bobs.

Ubisoft has previously rolled out all Assassin's Creed pre-order DLC for general release post-launch.

Assassin's Creed 3 launches in the UK on 31st October 2012.
    Meh.... things used to be simpler

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

I will be waiting for the reviews and this forum to see whether I will get AC3. I loved the first game but the last few REALLY have been quite a disappointment, imo

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm getting goosebumps looking at those screenshots.
    The shadows on the snow and all the details...wow. Fantastic.

6. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    even though i bought Revelations i stopped playing it during sequence 2 i was just really full on the series after 2 great games but very time consuming games due to all the collectibles but while this time period really isnt as exotic as the other ones i stil lthink it might end up being one of the best, the screens look aboslutely tremendous and have really stirred me again to pick up and finish Revelations so i can get this on day 1

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harveyīs New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

PSN ID
    dream-minds
    I'm not sure If I posting to correct thread. Want know people have to look on this video once. Just tell me How do you feel if you play like this?
    Iím searching for SEO services and SEO Solutions for my website.

Dedicated Member
    Haha yeah I saw that video a while a go but thanks for posting it again it sure made me laugh. Anyway this video demonstrates that we're not ready for full motion controls for core games.

Dedicated Member

I love that video! I could see me REALLY hurting myself if I tried to play like this.

Ultimate Veteran
    New screenshots and concept art:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

12. Likes Nuvian likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Nice screens BS.

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    I only played revalations because they picked a really good looking city with alot of history behind it. Not sure the american ones are going to look quite as good. Probable be gving it a miss.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Not sure if I may get this, I know my wife will want it. Been watching her play Revelations but it doesn't seem to interest me much, maybe that will change.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm getting this 300%. Assassins Creed is one of my staple IP's, and after putting AC, AC2, AC:B and AC:R in my collection, omitting AC3 is not a possibility. I love the series A LOT.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I wonder does Conner handle rifles in this one and how the aiming will be . . .

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    A new trailer:

Looks pretty good.

Master Sage
    Traversing tree tops, hidden daggers, bow and arrows and a tomahawk. Ubisoft today launched an Assassin’s Creed III teaser trailer showing all of these in action. The teaser is CG but a proper gameplay reveal has been promised, but only after we take it viral.

“Join in the united effort to reach 1,776,000 posts, tweets and shares to unlock the Assassin’s Creed III World Gameplay Premiere”, says the official website. We can’t help but wonder how they reached that number.
    Source

Once more into the fray.

Dedicated Member

Awesome, I can't wait for the trailer to be unlocked. They look to be about a third of the way there at this point.

When PS3attitude.com said "We can’t help but wonder how they reached that number." I hope they were kidding. If they are missing something THAT obvious maybe game coverage isn't for them.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Hurry up, internet!

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    lmao there asking for tweets and shares to unlock a trailer..Madness

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    Assassin's Creed 3 writer: 'Slavery deserves attention'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ves-attention/

Ubisoft has vowed to tackle the sensitive subject matter of slavery that comes with Assassin's Creed 3's American Revolution setting head on.

Assassin's Creed 3 writer Matt Rurnerhas told OPM UK: "It's something we've been very aware of. Everybody had slaves at that point; the first groups who rallied around emancipation didn't come around until 1787 - largely driven by Benjamin Franklin funnily enough. That was very much after our game and slavery was maintained in culture."Since the clash between Assassin's and Templars is the main focus of the series it would be easy to sidestep the issue - and no doubt appease publishers, marketers and PR in the process - by pushing it to the periphery to focus on the central theme, but Assassin's Creed 3's makers intend to tackle it prudently.
    "We feel that kind of a subject deserves a certain amount attention because it's so serious and it needs to be treated with utmost respect," said Rurnerhas. "We're definitely not going to shy away from it in terms of not showing it.
    "We're going to focus on telling it like it was, we're going to show what was there and what people did in that time but we want to be careful with how that's covered and how much of it is there. It's an important topic. We won't be afraid to show that it's there but we're not going make it the focus of our game."
    AC3 creative director Alex Hutchinson has said the dev team wanted 'a character with more depth' this time round, and protagonist Connor's opportunity to explore the issue of slavery could certainly go a long way towards fulfilling that goal.

Ultimate Veteran
    Lost Mayan Ruins, a DLC mission included with one of the three special editions for Assassin’s Creed III, will be available as a pre-order bonus at Gamestop. There are at least two other DLC missions and a multiplayer package on offer through the various bundles, so assuming other retailer-specific offers pop up soon, there may actually be some way to get them all with one purchase. Assassin’s Creed III is due on October on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    Source

Ultimate Veteran
    I thought this was an interesting read:

The America of Assassinís Creed III is a very different nation from the one you might have expected to see. For one thing, itís England.

As part of its dedication to historical accuracy, Ubisoft Montreal is going to keep its distance from the stars-and-stripes patriotism which is often found in media focused on the countryís history.

ďThe truth of the matter is that America didnít exist until 1783 and thatís when our game ends,Ē lead writer Matt Turner told OPM UK.

Prior to this date, the old world viewed America as a colony, and the battles fought there were part of a ďcivil war on foreign soilĒ. Protagonist Connor belongs to neither faction of the revolution, instead tackling the Templars, sworn enemies of the assassins, which draws some interesting parallels with the historical role of Native Americans in the war.

ďAt that point itís not about American or English; itís about English and English and thatís something we want to be very clear on,Ē Turner noted.

ďItís not about America ra ra, itís about freedom and community and about how people are treated in that kind of a situation. And how they want to find their own identity. I think thatís something thatís universal to anybody.Ē

Explicitly detailing Americaís colonist history may not be the most popular move, at home or elsewhere, but Ubisoft Montreal isnít afraid to tackle uncomfortable issues Ė like slavery.

ďItís something weíve been very aware of. Everybody had slaves at that point; the first groups who rallied around emancipation didnít come around until 1787,Ē Turner said.

ďThat was very much after our game and slavery was maintained in culture. We feel that kind of a subject deserves a certain amount attention because itís so serious and it needs to be treated with utmost respect. Weíre definitely not going to shy away from it in terms of not showing it.Ē

That said, itís not the central focus of the gameís narrative.

ďWeíre going to show what was there and what people did in that time but we want to be careful with how thatís covered and how much of it is there. Itís an important topic. We wonít be afraid to show that itís there but weíre not going make it the focus of our game,Ē Turner concluded.
    Source

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    There will still be people somehow, somewhere offended by the slavery part. It happens every time. It happened in RE5 with the claims of racism and it will happen in this game.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    They have to be very careful with the slavery stuff. if they show any black person been beaten or killed i personal think that this game will get some serious heat.

Thread Information