Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Well, you seem to be the only person offended by the statement.
    Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Perhaps you're unaware but white people who have black family, friends can take offense to statements like the one that was posted. I can tell you're white though so I get why you don't understand.
    Or, instead, I'm just being objective and don't understand the premise of being offended over historical fact and something that never happened to you. Sorry, but oversensitivity is unnecessary and stupid. Oh, and my ancestry is Irish and Native American. You don't need to talk to me about slavery, oppression, or damn genocide, but you don't see me giving a single $#@!.

Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    What's really funny is how you respond to Blacksite for saying "overly-sensitive black people," then say that (bolded) above. Yeah, I couldn't possibly understand due to the melanin levels in my skin cells.

Everyone finds something offensive. Your point is now moot.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 05-11-2012 at 18:08.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, I don't see a group of people being offended here. I see one person who took my statement about overly-sensitive black people being the ones that would most likely discourage the developers from creating a historically authentic (as far as slavery in America is concerned) game because, like Rapture pointed out, it's something that didn't happen to them.

Now, if you have a problem with what I said, you can feel free to take it up with a moderator because as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over. Let's get back to talking about the game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-11-2012 at 18:27.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Not sure if this was mentioned here already or not but I find it rather funny that people are absolutely bombarding the person who is suing Ubisoft for "stealing" their idea from the book they wrote and giving it a 1 star. Some of the comments are pretty good. Over 200 1 star ratings just because of all this.

http://www.amazon.com/Link-Beiswenge...6764315&sr=8-3

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, I actually laughed at this one.

It's my sincere hope that Nintendo doesn't sue Beiswinger. The name Link is clearly taken from Nintendo's hit franchise, "The Legend of Zelda". Furthermore there are clearly stolen themes, such as; "fantasy", "fictional", "bipedal", "words", and "a battle between good and evil". This book lacks originality from the front cover to the "about the author" section. It was such a painful read that I now use it for punishment when my children won't go to bed on time. I say, "Get to bed, or else Daddy's gonna' read 'Link' to you." Well, hahahaha, you should see those little scamps race to bed when I say that!! Save your money potential buyers and save your money Mr. Beiswinger, because I'm sure Nintendo is filing the paperwork necessary to take you to court.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Or, instead, I'm just being objective and don't understand the premise of being offended over historical fact and something that never happened to you. Sorry, but oversensitivity is unnecessary and stupid. Oh, and my ancestry is Irish and Native American. You don't need to talk to me about slavery, oppression, or damn genocide, but you don't see me giving a single $#@!.
    And if someone called out your race for being upset about them portraying the slavery, oppression, or genocide I'd understand if you felt that comment was offensive and said something about it.

Everyone finds something offensive. Your point is now moot.
    And people speak up about whatever they find offensive. It happens all the time on this site so avoiding it this time is interesting.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Well, I don't see a group of people being offended here. I see one person who took my statement about overly-sensitive black people being the ones that would most likely discourage the developers from creating a historically authentic (as far as slavery in America is concerned) game because, like Rapture pointed out, it's something that didn't happen to them.

Now, if you have a problem with what I said, you can feel free to take it up with a moderator because as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over. Let's get back to talking about the game.
    You should have said overly sensitive people and you know it but whatever.

Friendship is Carrots
    And if someone called out your race for being upset about them portraying the slavery, oppression, or genocide I'd understand if you felt that comment was offensive and said something about it.
    But I wouldn't, because that's just silly. Some people just need to grow up.

And people speak up about whatever they find offensive. It happens all the time on this site so avoiding it this time is interesting.
    That means absolutely nothing. Also, you don't need to argue for the defense of overly sensitive people on a specific subject. Frankly, it's rather unnecessary.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Superior Member
    But I wouldn't, because that's just silly. Some people just need to grow up.

That means absolutely nothing. Also, you don't need to argue for the defense of overly sensitive people on a specific subject. Frankly, it's rather unnecessary.
    Opinion noted.

Friendship is Carrots
    Wow. What a tactless response.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Ultimate Veteran
    Take it to PMs, guys.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    New trailer with in game footage below:
    That

was

AWESOME

Ultimate Veteran
    I'll just leave this here.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Can't wait to see the demo o.o.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud

Assassin's Creed 3: UbiWorkshop Edition announced...

Another Assassin's Creed 3 special edition has just been made public.
    The UbiWorkshop Edition includes either the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game, the second edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia and a graphic novel titled Assassin's Creed: Subject 4.

The book covers the entire Daniel Cross/Nikolaļ Orelov narrative arc, merging the Assassin's Creed: The Fall and Assassin's Creed: The Chain stories.

It'll set you back your local equivalent of $99.99 via the UbiWorkshop site, with free worldwide shipping. Although the quoted price is in US dollars Ubisoft promises the game will play in any region.

As announced back in March, there are a number of other special editions also available, offering various bits of ephemeral tat and in-game extras.

The game's official release date is 31st October.
    Source

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Aw I would love this so much.

Dedicated Member

Finally, an edition available to North America that sounds like it's worth getting

Ultimate Veteran
    Four new trailers added to the OP:

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-19-2012 at 23:08.

Dedicated Member

Blacksite, your dedication to the thread has been hugely appreciated! I use this thread as my primary source of info for the game these days because if you or another poster don't add it here it probably doesn't exist. Good job on keeping this thread vital and thank you for the new videos!

20. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Wow that Boston marketplace gameplay is awesome...I know its not even out yet and there will probably be a load of sub-sequels like Brotherhood and Revelations, but if they keep going forward in time who thinks the next era and location they do will be Nazi Germany? It would be awesome playing an assassin in WW2.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member

Personally I'm a little burnt out on WW2 settings, but if any series made me revisit the war it would be this one.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Personally I'm a little burnt out on WW2 settings, but if any series made me revisit the war it would be this one.
    Yeah I know, but that is really the WW2 FPS genre people are burnt out on..I think this series could give it a real fresh approach.

I mean the game is most likely heading towards a modern day setting with Desmond, but I could really see WW2 as the final setting before they go to that.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Yeah I know, but that is really the WW2 FPS genre people are burnt out on..I think this series could give it a real fresh approach.

I mean the game is most likely heading towards a modern day setting with Desmond, but I could really see WW2 as the final setting before they go to that.
    That's a really good point. There's not too many games of this style to begin with, let alone in a WW2 setting. At least the genre itself would be different, and that could lend a lot of creativity to a once tired setting. Now I'm starting to see how it could be pretty awesome.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I recently played a WW2 shooter and it was quite refreshing, every series has gone over to the modern setting, which is tiring.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Quote Originally Posted by dave-the-rave View Post
    i mean the game is most likely heading towards a distant future day setting with desmond
    ftfy

Thread Information