Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 717
  1. #276
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    1,603 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Well, you seem to be the only person offended by the statement.
    Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  2. #277
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,705
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,365 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Perhaps you're unaware but white people who have black family, friends can take offense to statements like the one that was posted. I can tell you're white though so I get why you don't understand.
    Or, instead, I'm just being objective and don't understand the premise of being offended over historical fact and something that never happened to you. Sorry, but oversensitivity is unnecessary and stupid. Oh, and my ancestry is Irish and Native American. You don't need to talk to me about slavery, oppression, or damn genocide, but you don't see me giving a single $#@!.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    What's really funny is how you respond to Blacksite for saying "overly-sensitive black people," then say that (bolded) above. Yeah, I couldn't possibly understand due to the melanin levels in my skin cells.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    Everyone finds something offensive. Your point is now moot.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 05-11-2012 at 18:08.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  3. #278
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,285
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,362 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Just because other people don't care doesn't make it not an offensive statement toward a group of people.
    Well, I don't see a group of people being offended here. I see one person who took my statement about overly-sensitive black people being the ones that would most likely discourage the developers from creating a historically authentic (as far as slavery in America is concerned) game because, like Rapture pointed out, it's something that didn't happen to them.

    Now, if you have a problem with what I said, you can feel free to take it up with a moderator because as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over. Let's get back to talking about the game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-11-2012 at 18:27.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  4. #279
    Newbie
    AlexMackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,084 (0 Banked)
    Not sure if this was mentioned here already or not but I find it rather funny that people are absolutely bombarding the person who is suing Ubisoft for "stealing" their idea from the book they wrote and giving it a 1 star. Some of the comments are pretty good. Over 200 1 star ratings just because of all this.

    http://www.amazon.com/Link-Beiswenge...6764315&sr=8-3

  5. #280
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,285
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,362 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, I actually laughed at this one.

    It's my sincere hope that Nintendo doesn't sue Beiswinger. The name Link is clearly taken from Nintendo's hit franchise, "The Legend of Zelda". Furthermore there are clearly stolen themes, such as; "fantasy", "fictional", "bipedal", "words", and "a battle between good and evil". This book lacks originality from the front cover to the "about the author" section. It was such a painful read that I now use it for punishment when my children won't go to bed on time. I say, "Get to bed, or else Daddy's gonna' read 'Link' to you." Well, hahahaha, you should see those little scamps race to bed when I say that!! Save your money potential buyers and save your money Mr. Beiswinger, because I'm sure Nintendo is filing the paperwork necessary to take you to court.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  6. #281
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    1,603 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Or, instead, I'm just being objective and don't understand the premise of being offended over historical fact and something that never happened to you. Sorry, but oversensitivity is unnecessary and stupid. Oh, and my ancestry is Irish and Native American. You don't need to talk to me about slavery, oppression, or damn genocide, but you don't see me giving a single $#@!.
    And if someone called out your race for being upset about them portraying the slavery, oppression, or genocide I'd understand if you felt that comment was offensive and said something about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Everyone finds something offensive. Your point is now moot.
    And people speak up about whatever they find offensive. It happens all the time on this site so avoiding it this time is interesting.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  7. #282
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    1,603 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Well, I don't see a group of people being offended here. I see one person who took my statement about overly-sensitive black people being the ones that would most likely discourage the developers from creating a historically authentic (as far as slavery in America is concerned) game because, like Rapture pointed out, it's something that didn't happen to them.

    Now, if you have a problem with what I said, you can feel free to take it up with a moderator because as far as I'm concerned, this discussion is over. Let's get back to talking about the game.
    You should have said overly sensitive people and you know it but whatever.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  8. #283
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,705
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,365 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    And if someone called out your race for being upset about them portraying the slavery, oppression, or genocide I'd understand if you felt that comment was offensive and said something about it.
    But I wouldn't, because that's just silly. Some people just need to grow up.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    And people speak up about whatever they find offensive. It happens all the time on this site so avoiding it this time is interesting.
    That means absolutely nothing. Also, you don't need to argue for the defense of overly sensitive people on a specific subject. Frankly, it's rather unnecessary.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  9. #284
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    1,603 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    But I wouldn't, because that's just silly. Some people just need to grow up.

    That means absolutely nothing. Also, you don't need to argue for the defense of overly sensitive people on a specific subject. Frankly, it's rather unnecessary.
    Opinion noted.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  10. #285
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,705
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,365 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow. What a tactless response.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  11. #286
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,285
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,362 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Take it to PMs, guys.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  12. #287
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,922 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    New trailer with in game footage below:
    That

    was

    AWESOME

  13. #288
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,285
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,362 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll just leave this here.

    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  14. #289
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Can't wait to see the demo o.o.

  15. #290
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud

    Assassin's Creed 3: UbiWorkshop Edition announced...

    Another Assassin's Creed 3 special edition has just been made public.
    The UbiWorkshop Edition includes either the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game, the second edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia and a graphic novel titled Assassin's Creed: Subject 4.

    The book covers the entire Daniel Cross/Nikolaļ Orelov narrative arc, merging the Assassin's Creed: The Fall and Assassin's Creed: The Chain stories.

    It'll set you back your local equivalent of $99.99 via the UbiWorkshop site, with free worldwide shipping. Although the quoted price is in US dollars Ubisoft promises the game will play in any region.

    As announced back in March, there are a number of other special editions also available, offering various bits of ephemeral tat and in-game extras.

    The game's official release date is 31st October.
    Source


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  16. #291
    Newbie
    Commander-Gavin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    36 (0 Banked)
    Aw I would love this so much.

  17. #292
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,922 (0 Banked)
    Finally, an edition available to North America that sounds like it's worth getting

  18. #293
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,285
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,362 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Four new trailers added to the OP:







    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-19-2012 at 23:08.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  19. #294
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,922 (0 Banked)
    Blacksite, your dedication to the thread has been hugely appreciated! I use this thread as my primary source of info for the game these days because if you or another poster don't add it here it probably doesn't exist. Good job on keeping this thread vital and thank you for the new videos!

  20. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
  21. #295
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,084
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,785 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow that Boston marketplace gameplay is awesome...I know its not even out yet and there will probably be a load of sub-sequels like Brotherhood and Revelations, but if they keep going forward in time who thinks the next era and location they do will be Nazi Germany? It would be awesome playing an assassin in WW2.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  22. #296
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,922 (0 Banked)
    Personally I'm a little burnt out on WW2 settings, but if any series made me revisit the war it would be this one.

  23. #297
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,084
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    36,785 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Personally I'm a little burnt out on WW2 settings, but if any series made me revisit the war it would be this one.
    Yeah I know, but that is really the WW2 FPS genre people are burnt out on..I think this series could give it a real fresh approach.

    I mean the game is most likely heading towards a modern day setting with Desmond, but I could really see WW2 as the final setting before they go to that.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  24. #298
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,922 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Yeah I know, but that is really the WW2 FPS genre people are burnt out on..I think this series could give it a real fresh approach.

    I mean the game is most likely heading towards a modern day setting with Desmond, but I could really see WW2 as the final setting before they go to that.
    That's a really good point. There's not too many games of this style to begin with, let alone in a WW2 setting. At least the genre itself would be different, and that could lend a lot of creativity to a once tired setting. Now I'm starting to see how it could be pretty awesome.

  25. #299
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,646
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,560 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I recently played a WW2 shooter and it was quite refreshing, every series has gone over to the modern setting, which is tiring.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  26. #300
    Newbie
    AlexMackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,084 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave-the-rave View Post
    i mean the game is most likely heading towards a distant future day setting with desmond
    ftfy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.