Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I can't decide if I should buy AC3 or not. I liked AC2, didn't like Brotherhood, never bought Revelations.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More reviews:

X360 Magazine – 9/10
    OXM – 8/10
    OXM Italy – 10/10
    Meristation – 8.5/10
    NowGamer – 7/10
    Eurogamer – 9/10
    G4 – 5/5
    CVG – 8/10
    Polygon – 8/10
    IGN – 8.5/10
    Gamespot – 8.5/10
    Strategy Informer – 9/10
    God is a Geek – 7/10
    Edge – 8/10
    Destructoid – 7.5/10
    Playfront (German) – 10/10
    4Gamers – 92/100
    PS3gen (French) – 19/20
    GameTrailers – 9.2/10
    Game Informer – 9.5/10
    PlayStation Official Magazine UK – 7/10
    PS3Gen – 9.5/10
    Joystiq – 3.5/5
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-30-2012 at 20:30.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Thanks for the review roundup.
    I'm a sucker for AC, love the series and will definitely be getting this and AC Liberation for the Vita.

Master Guru
    Assassin's Creed III is amazing.

I love the revolutionary war setting. Being from Boston and all.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    More reviews:

X360 Magazine – 9/10
    OXM – 8/10
    OXM Italy – 10/10
    Meristation – 8.5/10
    NowGamer – 7/10
    Eurogamer – 9/10
    G4 – 5/5
    CVG – 8/10
    Polygon – 8/10
    IGN – 8.5/10
    Gamespot – 8.5/10
    Strategy Informer – 9/10
    God is a Geek – 7/10
    Edge – 8/10
    Destructoid – 7.5/10
    Playfront (German) – 10/10
    4Gamers – 92/100
    PS3gen (French) – 19/20
    GameTrailers – 9.2/10
    Game Informer – 9.5/10
    PlayStation Official Magazine UK – 7/10
    PS3Gen – 9.5/10
    Joystiq – 3.5/5
    OPM flip flop on their review & took down their post from a few days ago where they said "according to the snappit from the magazine they posted from another review (obviously) it was the best in the series"
    Ya can't tell people that because of the embargo you can't put up a online review & quote ya magazine saying its the best one & then remove it when the real review goes up saying the total opposit?

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Member
    I hope the game gets better. I played it for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday and it's pretty boring. The controls seem really clunky compared to the previous games. So far i'm not liking the new inventory system either, but hopefully I can get used to it. I've noticed a bunch of small glitches with random objects floating. At one point it felt like my PS3 was going to freeze, but thankfully it only lasted a second. I loved all the last games, but this one is not doing so well.

Apprentice
    I haven't seen any of the glitches people are talking about but I am only about 4 hours in. I saw one gun floating in the air but that doesn't really bother me. After all you are in a machine that's projecting all of this in your head so they kind of have a scapegoat for glitches lol.

Does anyone know the framerate this game runs at? It looks amazing to me, I've never seen a game run this smooth with such good graphics on ps3. I think Ubisoft has a beast of an engine on their hands and I can't wait for Watch Dogs.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Damn amazon, not got the game today

Never again. I will just stick to game or shop to.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Damn amazon, not got the game today

Never again. I will just stick to game or shop to.
    What type of delivery did you ask for? I ordered mine off Amazon yesterday and selected next day.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    What type of delivery did you ask for? I ordered mine off Amazon yesterday and selected next day.
    Yea that one, cost extra £ too.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Mines marked as out for delivery (1-2 day delivery from Newegg - $47.99 after S&H I'll wait the extra day.) Too bad I've got to hand out candy tonight. I'm sure I'm going to be wishing for a hidden blade on some of the little a-holes that come late and like to grab handfuls at a time.

Super Elite
    In my experience the Assassin's Creed games have always been boring as $#@! for the first two or so hours and then, out of nowhere, become awesome. Has ACIII been a blast from the start or is it the same slow trudge towards fun (AND FREEEEEDOOOOOM!) like the last few?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yea that one, cost extra £ too.
    Hmmm. There is generally two ways they would send it for a next day, either special delivery via Royal Mail or by courier. Usually they have an option for you to be able to track the package. Sorry to hear you didn't get it on time, did you call them?

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Hmmm. There is generally two ways they would send it for a next day, either special delivery via Royal Mail or by courier. Usually they have an option for you to be able to track the package. Sorry to hear you didn't get it on time, did you call them?
    There is no tracking for the game which i do find weird, I will just leave it till tomorrow.

I realised my CC details were not correct ( i put the wrong expiry date :P) but they still got it dispatched yesterday and still had it estimated for today.

What i find annoying is that every other game I have pre-ordered are dispatched like 3 or 4 days beforehand, meaning any CC problems are solved with enough time left for on day delivery

Ultimate Veteran
    Some reviews taken from Metacritic:

The Escapist (100/100): "Assassin's Creed 3 lets you jump into an intriguing point in history, and it succeeds on nearly every level with nimble combat, fun diversions and the chance to captain your own ship. Connor might not be an altogether likeable hero, but the New World he's fighting to protect is one you won't forget."

Game Informer (95/100): "An overwhelming experience in its own right, Assassin's Creed 3 is the crown jewel on an already excellent series, and it sets the mind reeling about the potential for where the story goes from here."

IGN (85/100): "Not everything about the game gels together convincingly and the missions' unnecessary prescriptiveness sometimes undermines the sense of freedom that the rest of the game works so hard to create. But it achieves so much that you can't help but respect it; no other open-world game has ever given us a setting that's as impressive to observe or as full of things to do as this."

GameSpot (85/100): "Other games stimulate emotion with manipulative music and teary monologues; Assassin's Creed 3 rouses your mind and your heart by giving you a glimpse into its characters' souls and letting you judge them on their own merits."

Destructoid (75/100): "Cohesion (or lack thereof) is the main issue with Assassin's Creed 3. There are dozens of secondary elements which make up the content of the game, but they offer little in terms of reward and rarely contribute anything to the Assassin/Templar conflict. While the game is often quite fun, beautiful to look at and empowering to the player, it doesn't offer much challenge beyond the endurance necessary to complete all of the single-player campaign elements."
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Has ACIII been a blast from the start or is it the same slow trudge towards fun (AND FREEEEEDOOOOOM!) like the last few?
    I played a few hours last night. I would say its a slow beginning as usual but the character development is great, even better than in previous games. Its very deep and interesting and it helped me to get through the slower first part. And yup, true to AC form once it kicks into high gear it kicks HARD! If you get past the first 2 hours you are golden, and if you love character and story development the beginning will fly on by and be entertaining all by itself.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Slow beginnings are pretty normal for AC games. Especially with a new character on board. Never really bothered or thought about it.

Skipping training tonight to play more of it.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I have to say this is the best outing of the franchise, no doubts about it.

19. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I can't decide if I should buy AC3 or not. I liked AC2, didn't like Brotherhood, never bought Revelations.
    I thought Brotherhood was very good, because it finally drove Desmond's story forward and had a VERY cool ending. The final chapter was cool.

And I thought that Rome had a very nice vibe to it, that Venice and the other cities didn't have... Even Constantinople from Revelations didn't have it - although Constantinople had the best layered city, and it was also very beautiful to look at.

You should definitely play every single Assassin's Creed game, including the original Assassin's Creed. That's just my recommendation. You may need 2-4 hours to get into the first, but trust me, it's very nice to play as Altair, because in AC2 and ACB Altair still plays a role in form of Codex pages or whatnot... and in Revelations, it all comes together (Desmond/Ezio/Altair). I highly recommend playing all AC games, and THEN start playing AC3. Don't play AC3 before finishing ACR. Of course you can, but at least watch all cutscenes on youtube. But ACR was such an inspired game... I don't get why all people hate on it so much. I thought it was brilliant.

I will pick up AC3 tomorrow... no money ATM

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I already played AC1, it was very repetitive. I actually started playing Brotherhood again even though I stopped after about 5 hours when I first got it. It's not as bad as I first thought. I guess I just wasn't feeling AC at the time.

Only ones I haven't actually played are Revelations and AC3.

Great game so far. First part was kinda boring but it had a great twist at the end. It really sets you up for the game. And the trophy name? That was hilarious.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well my copy got dropped off by the UPS guy at 7:03pm. First trick-or-treater hit my door promptly at 7:06pm. At least I tossed it in to get the install and patch update done while handing out candy until 9pm. Then I shut my lights out. Damn, my 10yr old son brough home a $#@! load of candy. I'm going to have to steal some of that.

Ok, back on the game. So I got an hour of play time in. Just enough to get through the first two sequences. I'd have to say that so far it's not what I expected. I'm thinking Conner all the way but I'm currently playing Haythem Kenway. I'm sure it's for character development as stated.

I haven't had much of the new game mechanics to check out yet, but so far the pistol is a bit of bore. How long does it take this thing to reload anyway, damn that's a PIA when performing the second sequence. I mean the sequence was a breeze as most of the time the stand there like a bump on the log.

I will have to say that the counter system has become extremely easy with the 'red' indicator of impending attack being like a signal flare instead of being more subtle like in past games.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i love this game! glad i went back to the series after only playing AC1. the beginning is slow but after sequence 1(oh $#@! moment, currently at sequence 7) things pick up. 23% through the story and have ran into 2 glitches. the first was when i fell through the map when you exit the animus and the mission where you had to destroy the tea cargo, after i completed the mission, the screen turned to white noise?? with glitched sounds...i had to reboot PS3

loving the game...will definitely go back and buy the ones i missed...also getting liberation on the vita

Master Poster
    So far i too am enjoying it as well, i personally love the pacing of the game, good mix of slow and fast paces missions. Too many fast paced games now a days.

I have only ran into one issue, which was when i once tried to hop over a fence, he guy went flying like 70 or so feet into the air, survived though haha.

I dunno if its just me ,but there seems to b e quite a lot of frame rate drops. I like how well they made the hunting.

Ancient
    The frontier is truly something

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information