Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    I feel like this game should have been called Assassins cutscenes 3. It's like i'm playing MGS4 all over again. I've played and enjoyed all the AC games (besides the first) and enjoyed them a lot. I appreciate them trying to tell a story, but it's screwing up the pacing. I am seeing a bunch of small glitches too. I'm only at 12% so I have hope it's going to improve.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I feel like this game should have been called Assassins cutscenes 3. It's like i'm playing MGS4 all over again. I've played and enjoyed all the AC games (besides the first) and enjoyed them a lot. I appreciate them trying to tell a story, but it's screwing up the pacing. I am seeing a bunch of small glitches too. I'm only at 12% so I have hope it's going to improve.
    At the beginning there is but not a lot, I've lost myself in the frontier hunting
    The game feel much bigger then previous games and theres so much to do to

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I got the game as a bd gift but haven't opened the package yet. Got a couple of codes with it as well. Can't wait to play it!

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    I'm actually quite upset this game is getting such good reviews. I didn't want to buy it as i'vr not long completed ACR and also as Ezio isn't in this game and I thought he is one of the best protagonists ever created in gaming

Some people complain about them releasing them year on year but as long as they keep pumping out games of the same quality I'd love to continue playing in that universe for as long as they can keep it of a quality like this each time. All AC:2, BH and revelations have provided some of my most satisfying SP gaming time. I haven't ever even thought of trying the MP side of it

Looks like I may have to buy it sooner rather than later!

Ancient
    Right its beginning to become my favorite in the series the amount of stuff on screen is insane, loads & loads of trees lol looks good
    Combat is great, best its ever been
    The rope knife is awesome and I love hunting things and the weather effects really make a difference to the atmosphere of the game
    I just took down a templar base, loads of red coats everywhere with me killing everyone in chain kills using enemies as human shields and throwing my knife rope like I'm Scorpion from MK at night with rain and thunder & lightning making my slow-mo kills look even more badass
    My biggest problem are glitches, but its Assassins Creed, they actually funny glitches more then anything
    And the story is actually very good imo
    I just think they should have started where Ezio started after the beginning part with the twist
    And trees man! Who would have thought lol

Sent via Codec

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Not bad so far, love the hunting so far, just at the point where you meet the Danny Glover looking dude at his house to get trained.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

El Presidente
    So does the combat really flow like I've seen in a couple videos? Like when you have a group of enemies do all the move flow together?

Still want to play revelations but I'm getting 3 later.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    So does the combat really flow like I've seen in a couple videos? Like when you have a group of enemies do all the move flow together?

I think the combat flows well, they changed up the controls a bit and sometimes I revert back to the old way. But when you get it right, it flows well and there are some nice combo kills.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Ancient

You can counter attack two people at the same time
    You can string two attacks on different enemies too like killing an enemy with your axe and then throwing your rope dart at another
    Or shooting another with your gun
    Those happen when you press the buttons and directions fast enough to trigger them

Sent via Codec

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I bought it today, just started it liking it so far. Good game

Thank you itachi

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    The first two sequence's seemed to drag on for a long time. But it's worth it for the character development. Most of the glitches have been minor.

I did have to restart a checkpoint in one Mission (first snooping mission) as I went incognito w/ the guys against the wall, but they people would never talk.

Then later while in Sequence 6 (after doing the primary Assassin Missions) I'm doing an Assassin contract somewhere in Southeast Boston (guy up on a guarded platform talking to the people.) I killed him three different times, in three different ways, and cleared all the Red-coats from the area and it woulds still say 'Kill the leader' (or something along those lines.) I restarted it 3 times doing it, but it wouldn't complete. Then I quit for the day. I hope I'll be able to do the mission after quitting and restarting. This would be extremely annoying if it did this in the middle of a long mission.

Loving the game, not loving the glitches.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Yeah, some of the glitches can be really annoying. Was watching my wife play the part where you have to save the guy in the river before he gets to the waterfall. You have the option to jump onto rocks and logs in the river, which help you avoid the wolves that are at the banks. One of the full sync options is to not go in the water, so she would jump onto the rocks or log in the river and it recognized it as going into the water, so she had to keep restarting.

El Presidente
    I never remember previous games having glitches like that. Hopefully by the time I get it those glitches will have been patched.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Yeah, some of the glitches can be really annoying. Was watching my wife play the part where you have to save the guy in the river before he gets to the waterfall. You have the option to jump onto rocks and logs in the river, which help you avoid the wolves that are at the banks. One of the full sync options is to not go in the water, so she would jump onto the rocks or log in the river and it recognized it as going into the water, so she had to keep restarting.
    LOL, I had the same issue w/ the Feathers. I'd jump onto the rocks and it recognized it as ground. At the time I thought, ok, I need to jump on the rock face and skirt over. I ended up later accidentally jumping on the rocks and then it didn't register it as ground.

As for the River, I had to restart from last checkpoint a half dozen times until I got it just right. Twice I was thinking WTF, I know I jumped to a rock, but maybe my timing was off and I got a tiny bit of the water, but I think you're right, it was glitching.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I never remember previous games having glitches like that. Hopefully by the time I get it those glitches will have been patched.
    Really? I don't really recall the glitches being near this major. And I've had all but the original AC during the first week of release. And I got the original AC on the 2nd or 3rd week (right when I got my PS3 - End of Nov '07.)

Ancient
    I remember ncps walking in mid-air on the spot
    Weapons floating
    AC is known for being glitchy

Sent via Codec

Unbound Mercenary
    lol Glitches. I was watching my cousin play it, he was jumping around during the training part, and just fell through the platforms he was jumping too.

Still an awesome game.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I remember ncps walking in mid-air on the spot
    Weapons floating
    AC is known for being glitchy

Sent via Codec
    Hmm I guess my play throughs just weren't glitchy. Minor things maybe but I don't remember anything major.

Ancient
    Hmm I guess my play throughs just weren't glitchy. Minor things maybe but I don't remember anything major.
    I wouldn't say they was major, more funny then anything
    And the those type of glitches would only happy after a cutscene or something
    What's funny is people are complaining about framerates compared to previous titles yet DF says the average framerate is better then previous titles with a higher low dip but more occurring high jumps in framerate and would have preferred it to be locked @30
    And then I hear the words "unplayable due to terrible framerate" and I'm like WTF? seriously?
    on a side note, I think AC3 is my fave AC so far give or take a few things

Sent via Codec

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Anyone get the machine gun wolf growl glitch yet?

Elite Member
    The framerate can dip at some points, but it's far from unplayable. Most of my glitches are some random sounds and things floating. It seems like this game needed another month of polish, but i'm still enjoying it. I really don't care for the main character very much. I think Ezio was much better, but i'm only at 17% so that can still change. Hitman comes out in two weeks, and at this rate I wont be finished with the game by then. I hate trying to play two games I really enjoy at the same time.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    At least I tossed it in to get the install and patch update done while handing out candy until 9pm.
    Judicious use of time! "Assassin's Creed 3...efficiency experts love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Anyone get the machine gun wolf growl glitch yet?
    No but it sounds intriguing!
    Last edited by GrandWazoo; 11-06-2012 at 20:16.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Finished with inFamous 2. Ready to dive in AC3!!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

I have no luck with horses in this game, I get a glitched one 90% of the time. I can't get them to run or anything, they just sit there and shake like they're having a seizure.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    im loving wolfpack mode, havent touched SP in days because of it

Thank you itachi

Thread Information