Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1323 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Im about 2 and a half hours in and so far the game is a huge disappointment to me. For some reason everything feels clunkier and more glitchy than the last games, everything is changed a little bit and nothing explained so far. There are no interesting story elements at all yet. Where Assasin's Creed 2 started off with Ezio's father being murdered, this feels not just slow, but also very boring.

I was worried about the colonial america setting but was willing to put my fears aside until I got the game. Unfortunately so far I am really not enjoying the setting, as I thought I wouldn't. Everything looks dank and boring. I guess that's how it was back then but I am just not happy with the choice of setting. The naval stuff is the only interesting aspect so far. I wish this game would of took place in feudal japan or something else. I am also dreading that the story may take a "$#@! yeah america and freedom" turn for the worse, but I will wait and see.

I know the guns in this game are historically accurate and that the guns from Ezio's arc didn't actually exist, but gameplay wise it just feels like a step back. Also it tells me to reload with R2 but R2 brings up the weapon wheel.
    I will carry on playing in the hopes it gets better but so far I just don't like it.
    I am usually a huge AC fan and even enjoyed the first AC quite a lot, but there are many little things in this game that are putting me off at the moment.

I don't want to reveal too much story or anything like that but I can assure you it's not jingoistic or anything like that. Connor is highly idealistic and generally believes int the causes while his mentor Achilles and the Templars tend to shine light on other aspects like race relations and how the natives are treated. It's a nice balance. They also don't portray the founders as omniscient or infallable. They are regular dudes fighting for certain principles but as pointed out by Connor at one point you seem to need to be a landed white man to benifit etc. As for the story just hang tight. I doubt your are past the haytham missions yet. After those $#@! hits the fan and your jaw will drop. Also once you get into full combat with Connor you won't say it's a step back lol. It is leaps and bounds better than other games

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Man, loving using the War club, batter up on a red coats head!! Havent used the Boader axe yet, though...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I don't want to reveal too much story or anything like that but I can assure you it's not jingoistic or anything like that. Connor is highly idealistic and generally believes int the causes while his mentor Achilles and the Templars tend to shine light on other aspects like race relations and how the natives are treated. It's a nice balance. They also don't portray the founders as omniscient or infallable. They are regular dudes fighting for certain principles but as pointed out by Connor at one point you seem to need to be a landed white man to benifit etc. As for the story just hang tight. I doubt your are past the haytham missions yet. After those $#@! hits the fan and your jaw will drop. Also once you get into full combat with Connor you won't say it's a step back lol. It is leaps and bounds better than other games
    Thanks that will give me motivation to go on. I did imagine the story would pick up but it's mainly some of the clunkiness and glitchiness thats bothering me atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Best AC to date. Conor is a MUCH more interesting character to me and I LOVE how both sides of his heritage are represented in the game. Running around the frontier with tree running action is so cool, hunting, climbing around, just enjoying his natural habitat. Then, yo go into the city and he his other side. Running around the frontier when the sun is out in 3D is just $#@!ing win. Ubisoft are masters of the tech and this kind of game is just so suited to it.

Conor's skills are awesome, the rope dart is badass and I like the simplified nature of some of the new controls. I will be doing a review on this one for the user review section for sure.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    The graphics on this game are badass. And the combat is way more offensive I keep thinking that I have to wait for a counter only to be rewarded more by being aggressive.

Just gotta look out for those Captains and their sword skills.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The graphics on this game are badass. And the combat is way more offensive I keep thinking that I have to wait for a counter only to be rewarded more by being aggressive.

Just gotta look out for those Captains and their sword skills.
    I found that breaking defense takes care of that.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    finnaly unlocked a decent outfit lol

Thank you itachi

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I wish more games had the screenshot function. Heck I wish both consoles had that.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    fear the might of assassin turkey, eat this .

Thank you itachi

11. Likes MjW , Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member
    Maybe those people who are farther can explain the game a little more without ruining anything. I think im at sequence 8 or 9 (about 25% completed)

Does the combat improve? Does Connor learn new fighting abilities? I really hope so, because combat can be a real chore right now. It's very rare for him to pull off any combos. I wish there was a tutorial for combat...

So far the game doesn't feel like there is a whole lot to do for side missions. In the other games you can buy shops and upgrade them to bring in money. Is there something similar with this one? I haven't played in 4-5 days because i've been busy, so i'm a little foggy on it right now. I would assume there has to be something similar.

Wtf do I do with envelopes I collected from people?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Maybe those people who are farther can explain the game a little more without ruining anything. I think im at sequence 8 or 9 (about 25% completed)

Does the combat improve? Does Connor learn new fighting abilities? I really hope so, because combat can be a real chore right now. It's very rare for him to pull off any combos. I wish there was a tutorial for combat...

So far the game doesn't feel like there is a whole lot to do for side missions. In the other games you can buy shops and upgrade them to bring in money. Is there something similar with this one? I haven't played in 4-5 days because i've been busy, so i'm a little foggy on it right now. I would assume there has to be something similar.

Wtf do I do with envelopes I collected from people?
    You can string together combos really effectivly from the get go so you're prob just mashing square IMO. Try to experiment a little and you can get much more fluid. Now you can't buy shops like previous titles but the economy is much more complex. Doing the "homestead" missions unlocks different people in your homestead like lumberjacks or craftsmen etc. With them you and collect raw materials and ship them or craft items to sell in general stores or England even. You can also participate in naval battles giving you shipping lines etc etc. Much deeper than just buing a merchant cus you have a direct impact on the goods you sell basically. As for side missions they are a ton. Hunting stuff, assassinating missions liberation missions and a few others. If you are just passing from main mission to main mission you are prob skiping these. Just slow down a tad and see the world.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Hey guys, so I'm trying not to read too much about the game so I miss spoilers. Otherwise I'd read through the pages to see if any of this is mentioned.

Does the game still include the things like hidden chests? Also, is any of the 'busy work' still in, such as clearing districts so you can unlock the ability to restore shops and buy up paintings/apparel/weapons? Are there still side-missions like miscellaneous assassinations like the previous ones had? And finally, does this have a good share of Desmond in it? I was left disappointed on that aspect in the last game.

Thanks.

Super Elite
    Renaissance > Colonies.

The gameplay is picking up but still really don't like the setting :/
    The countryside looks pretty awesome but maneuvering around feels a little off to me.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-12-2012 at 13:09.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I love the new setting. Also, the gameplay has been sweetly refined. I love the new controls; free running is a breeze (and is awesome in nature), combat is awesome, animations are great. There are bugs of course, but it's still a solid title and EASILY my favorite of the series.

Super Elite
    Man, I really want to finish this game to finish the series, but it is really frustrating.
    Old menachics are never retaught, so they expect you to remember everything. New mechanics are pretty much NEVER taught, so you have no idea what or how you should be doing something. Game breaking glitches (double assassinations only happens sometimes, not being able to punch dudes you are supposed to get information out of, assassin assignments disappearing from the map, making you have to find them manually somehow, guards instantly alerted to me even though i am incognito, and yes i wasn't in a restricted zone the 10 times this has happened, and many many more)

This game feels ultra rushed, the story is weirdly pieced together (nothing seems to flow, conner suddenly talks to people you've never met as if you have known each other for ages), and you seem to spend VERY little time on rooftops since a lot of them are just too far apart to be useful, apart from in forests oddly enough (again, this is a problem with the setting).
    I think they shot themselves in the foot with that whole December 21 2012 angle because they had to bring this game out before then. It could of done with at least 6 more months of gameplay polish and maybe some storyboard fixes.

There are also weird mission instructions, like telling you to chase a person. What exactly am I supposed to do when i reach him? The story does not make it obvious, and nothing is said in the game. I ended up assassinating him, which then cuts to me holding him up to interrogate him like when you just knock someone out. This sort of stuff is happening ALL the time and it is driving me mad. I will pull through it because I only have 2 more sequences to finish...

The older games were definitely glitchy but NOTHING at this level!
    The saving grace of the game seems to be the naval battles, so now I am just waiting for some devs to come up with a full navy game that is this exciting.
    6.5/10 for me (i am about 80% done)
    Assassin's Creed 2 is still by far the best and it seems to have very steadily been going downhill since then
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-14-2012 at 00:05.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Man, I really want to finish this game to finish the series, but it is really frustrating.
    Old menachics are never retaught, so they expect you to remember everything. New mechanics are pretty much NEVER taught, so you have no idea what or how you should be doing something. Game breaking glitches (double assassinations only happens sometimes, not being able to punch dudes you are supposed to get information out of, assassin assignments disappearing from the map, making you have to find them manually somehow, guards instantly alerted to me even though i am incognito, and yes i wasn't in a restricted zone the 10 times this has happened, and many many more)

This game feels ultra rushed, the story is weirdly pieced together (nothing seems to flow), and you seem to spend VERY little time on rooftops since a lot of them are just too far apart to be useful, apart from in forests oddly enough (again, this is a problem with the setting).
    I think they shot themselves in the foot with that whole December 21 2012 angle because they had to bring this game out before then. It could of done with at least 6 more months of gameplay polish and maybe some storyboard fixes.

The saving grace of the game seems to be the naval battles, so now I am just waiting for some devs to come up with a full navy game that is this exciting.
    Assassin's Creed 2 is still by far the best and it seems to have very steadily been going downhill since then
    Brotherhood is the best for me IMO. Find it interesting you liked 2. They expanded on the armor/vendor system so much in Ass Creed Bro and made you work for it. In 2 you basically maxed out armor in no time and were like "ok, i have the best armor and 100,000 Gold...what do i do now." This is one aspect i wish III had more of. I can understand why it is absent, doesn't make much sense to be decking yourself out in plate armor on your assassin robes in 1776, but now there is no real change in equipment required at all. I've yet to even buy a new weapon because the tomahawk is so effective in combat. The economy is much more complex with the crafting/artisans/villagers, but the vendors for weapons and armor is a step back.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Brotherhood is the best for me IMO. Find it interesting you liked 2. They expanded on the armor/vendor system so much in Ass Creed Bro and made you work for it. In 2 you basically maxed out armor in no time and were like "ok, i have the best armor and 100,000 Gold...what do i do now." This is one aspect i wish III had more of. I can understand why it is absent, doesn't make much sense to be decking yourself out in plate armor on your assassin robes in 1776, but now there is no real change in equipment required at all. I've yet to even buy a new weapon because the tomahawk is so effective in combat. The economy is much more complex with the crafting/artisans/villagers, but the vendors for weapons and armor is a step back.
    I think that Brotherhood had the best gameplay, and AC2 the best story so far.

That is another thing, everything that is not the core gameplay (earning money, trading etc), is either a lot more boring or suddenly so complex with little to no explanation on how it is supposed to be done.

I don't need to hunt anything other than bears. You can forget about hunting other animals to get the best weapons etc because like you said, the standard equipment seems to be perfectly fine.
    I bought a sword for 1000 pounds at the beginning of the game which still trumps anything i have come across, including the most luxurious crafted swords and swords that cost up to 12,000 pounds in the shops.

I am on sequence 9 and only just getting to the second big (ish) city now seems a tad late. Reminds me of FFXIII finally opening up on the second to last chapter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member

This game feels ultra rushed, the story is weirdly pieced together (nothing seems to flow, conner suddenly talks to people you've never met as if you have known each other for ages), and you seem to spend VERY little time on rooftops since a lot of them are just too far apart to be useful, apart from in forests oddly enough (again, this is a problem with the setting).

There are also weird mission instructions, like telling you to chase a person. What exactly am I supposed to do when i reach him? The story does not make it obvious, and nothing is said in the game. I ended up assassinating him, which then cuts to me holding him up to interrogate him like when you just knock someone out. This sort of stuff is happening ALL the time and it is driving me mad. I will pull through it because I only have 2 more sequences to finish...

I could not have said it better myself. At times it feels like I have no idea what i'm supposed to do. I played for 15 minutes last night and shut it off because I found it frustrating. The game definitely needs more polish. Honestly i'm not sure if I want to finish it or not. I don't care for the main character at all, and wont care if he dies or not. Ezio was much better.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I could not have said it better myself. At times it feels like I have no idea what i'm supposed to do. I played for 15 minutes last night and shut it off because I found it frustrating. The game definitely needs more polish. Honestly i'm not sure if I want to finish it or not. I don't care for the main character at all, and wont care if he dies or not. Ezio was much better.
    I am glad I am not the only one. The amount of praise this game is getting from many critics and fans was making me wary of voicing my gripes, afraid that people think I was trolling or nitpicking. I am REALLY trying to like this game but it seems to be getting more frustrating the longer I play, yet the longer I play the more I just want to wrap it up so I can finally finish the series. Oddly enough, the modern day sections are the only interesting story-related moments so far. It's at least doing a LITTLE to piece everything together.

I really hope they can make a new AC series, one that has the whole story and settings planned from the beginning so they don't get into these weird situations again where the settings and the gameplay increasingly get in each others way. Also a good idea would be to not set yourself a date by which time everything needs to be done (i.e. 21 december 2012), because that's just a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-14-2012 at 00:44.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2

Another Assassin's Creed?! *MASSIVE ACIII SPOILER ALERT*

Is there going to be another Assassins Creed? Since

Me being disappointed in that. I'm really hoping there will be another one! If anyone can find any confirmation I will love you!!!
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-14-2012 at 06:56. Reason: Adding spoiler tags

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Dude....spoilers. Not all of us have finished AC3...Well least I know the ending now...
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-14-2012 at 06:57.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Poop sorry! Lol I figured most people would've beaten it by now!
    And I won't tell ya how it happens!!!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    I say bring it on, haven't finished with AC3 yet but enjoying it enough that I would certainly love another one to be released.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Ubi has already said that the franchise is here to stay. I can't remember the article, but it said something a long the lines of there being many assassins throughout history and many stories to be told.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Reading some of the posts on this last page make me wonder about this game. I'm planning on getting a friends 360 and ACIII tomorrow so I should be able to get a good bit of time in the game. I guess if it's not my thing then I can go back to playing Revelations.

It kind of sounds like they spread themselves too thin and worked on extra AC games instead of making sure the primary release was finished (meaning all the non-numbered releases). Like I said, I should get some hands on time tomorrow so we'll see how I like it. Not sure if any issues y'all are having are PS3 specific.

Thread Information