Latest PSU headlines:

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1424 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    wow i hate life I read that spoiler. adding a spoiler warning to the title Y_Y

That being said, now that its FUCKING RUINED FOR ME. - I assume that there will be. Though personally I'd like to end after that fiasco.

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There is nothing inherently wrong with AC3 other than the lack of polish imo. Everything else is subjective. I love the game, as I said before. I'm especially enjoying the change offered by the frontier and the cities. This game gives you a huge sandbox to play in, with many different ways to play in it. As with all games,it will resonate strongly with some, with others not so much.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Damn those horses you call upon really do follow you every where. Had one practically try to rape me and prevented me from climbing a house. Then because I was trying to infiltrate a fort, it followed me throughout the fort, while I slayed motherfuckers in red coats, hilarious.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I always struggled to play AC games after 1. And as much as i wanna love this, im just finding it so hard to push through. Ive JUST left the the old black dude and am now finally wearing the AC costume and heading to boston....... took fucking long enough!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Also last I checked AC3 is the end of Desmond's story, not the end of the franchise. Which I'm honestly thrilled about, I love these games (Though the trophies they select are crap, and the bugs seem to get worse with each release.l)

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    I always struggled to play AC games after 1. And as much as i wanna love this, im just finding it so hard to push through. Ive JUST left the the old black dude and am now finally wearing the AC costume and heading to boston....... took fucking long enough!!
    I think how they start AC2/3 off improves the story.
    Instead of you being this Full Assassin right off the bat and for whatever reason being demoted, you start out as a kid and eventually grow and train into a Full Assassin. Just makes more sense and isnt all gamey.
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-14-2012 at 09:51.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    Poop sorry! Lol I figured most people would've beaten it by now!
    And I won't tell ya how it happens!!!
    You shouldn't really assume that. It takes many people weeks to finish a game, because of work and other things.
    The spoiler doesn't bother me much anymore though lol.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-14-2012 at 17:40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Damn those horses you call upon really do follow you every where. Had one practically try to rape me and prevented me from climbing a house. Then because I was trying to infiltrate a fort, it followed me throughout the fort, while I slayed motherfuckers in red coats, hilarious.

Tap-a-hoe
    That horse is a better assassin than i am. it is always out of sight until you use the whistle and then it is there in a third of the second.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Really liking it so far, characters are great, storyline is great! A lot of Glitches that piss me off but easily fixed with a checkpoint restart, lots of checkpoints is also good.

The main thing I absolutely fucking hate at the moment at only 27% completion is the amount of loading/breaks in gameplay. I want to watch the cutscenes, but why the fuck do I have to watch a 30 second cutscene, walk 5 feet, watch another cutscene, enter a door, watch another cutscene??

God damn it just make it one big cutscene!!!

Click HERE for my Videos

9. Likes Black , Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    Really liking it so far, characters are great, storyline is great! A lot of Glitches that piss me off but easily fixed with a checkpoint restart, lots of checkpoints is also good.

The main thing I absolutely fucking hate at the moment at only 27% completion is the amount of loading/breaks in gameplay. I want to watch the cutscenes, but why the fuck do I have to watch a 30 second cutscene, walk 5 feet, watch another cutscene, enter a door, watch another cutscene??

God damn it just make it one big cutscene!!
    !
    lol this!

I still hate that they haven't quite fixed the climbing and controls. It's still very C-level compared to games like inFamous and Batman.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Just got to sequence 4.

About up to then:

As I said I'm borrowing someone's 360/ACIII and I've been loaned it for longer, so I'm going to replay some of the past sequences for 100%, as earlier I was rushing through (not to mention half the time it seems to not even tell me what I have to do/not do before whatever it is happens/doesn't happen). So far though I've enjoyed it, I'm still getting used to controls... I keep going to inventory instead of countering... and it doesn't help I'm not used to L/R buttons/triggers and the ABXY scheme.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    I thought it was hilarious when you have to go to meet Norris and the dude is the shitter,lol. They make you go up to the shitter and knock, like how the hell would you know the dude was in shitter? Why not just make it so you meet him in front of his house like all the others?

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Elite
    If there is one major thing I don't like about AC2, it is that the Assassin's and Templars are painted too black and white (Assassin's good and Templars bad). In AC1, Revelations, and AC3, you are simply on one side of 2 different factions. These 2 factions have the same ultimate goal, peace. They just have different methods.

The Assassin's are basically the extreme right-wing and the Templars the extreme left-wing. None are right, both want the same thing (peace), and both do plenty of harm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I thought it was hilarious when you have to go to meet Norris and the dude is the shitter,lol. They make you go up to the shitter and knock, like how the hell would you know the dude was in shitter? Why not just make it so you meet him in front of his house like all the others?

Tap-a-hoe
    hey atleast he didnt glitch for you, he wouldnt leave the shitter for me had to reset to previous check point

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    hey atleast he didnt glitch for you, he wouldnt leave the shitter for me had to reset to previous check point
    He did glitch for me the first time.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Ubisoft did announce that a lengthy patch is inbound:

Hey there Assassins!

Since launch, we’ve been meticulously pouring through your comments and discussing with our Forum Managers, Customer Support Representatives, Developers… basically coordinating across every team involved in the creation and maintenance of Assassin’s Creed III, both single- and multiplayer.

With a game the size and scope of Assassin’s Creed III, it has taken an equally humongous community to ferret out the code gremlins waiting to unleash their treachery… but you’ve risen to the occasion admirably and have not hesitated to alert us on every communication channel available to you, be it Facebook, Twitter, our Forums or Customer Support call centers.

Here are just a few of the issues we are addressing in our next patch (which we’re calling the Thanksgiving Patch), due out by the end of next week:
    · SINGLE-PLAYER - Returned Connor’s hood to normal behavior at the end of the game (hood remains up when in Frontier or Cities)
    · SINGLE-PLAYER - Reduced difficulty of certain chases
    · SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed Various visual glitches
    · SINGLE-PLAYER - Fixed player spawn points to reduce desynch on spawn
    · SINGLE PLAYER – Fixed rare occurrences of glitches blocking your progression in the main story & secondary missions
    · MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked settings to improve connections
    · MULTIPLAYER – Tweaked some of the abilities and other gameplay elements
    · MULTIPLAYER – Fixed some issues with ranking

For a full list of fixes, click this link (CAUTION SPOILERS MAY BE PRESENT IN BUGFIX DESCRIPTIONS):
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...poilers-Forums

As stated above, this first patch is nearly complete and we should be rolling it out by the end of next week (provided everything goes according to plan). We will also continue working to resolve any remaining issues that have been reported (yeah, there are a few we didn’t get to in this one).

We’ll speak again before the month is out Assassins!
    UbiGabe
    via Ubisoft forums.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

17. Likes MjW , Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    It's crazy how many glitches there are, and especially the ones that happen so frequently that it's ridiculous they weren't caught in testing.

I'm enjoying the game, but it's frustrating when half the item delivery side-quests don't activate correctly and you can't ever dual-assassinate people unless you do so from the air (those are just two that frustrate me the most). Oh yea, almost forgot, the annoying marker misplacement. I placed it in one area and once I got there and looked at my map I was like 1000 meters away from it (in the frontier).

I'll likely be done with the game before they release it, it's a shame.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I have not experienced any glitches or problem, just lucky i guess :P

BUT, the frequent FPS drop is very annoying, worse than glitches...

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Most annoying glitch so far is in North New York, trying to liberate it but the parts where you bribe the guy at peoples houses isn't registering and just has me at 2/3 done.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently you have to kill the guy on the third bribe, makes no mention of that fact in the game though.
    Last edited by THUGGEDOUT; 11-17-2012 at 18:47.

Super Elite
    Ending spoilers:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I think I'll wait for the patch before continuing.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Is it that bad for you MjW?

Tap-a-hoe

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Is it that bad for you MjW?

Tap-a-hoe
    There are a couple annoying bugs here and there like horses floating, territories that cannot be taken and free running not working properly sometimes. Getting 100% Synch in sequence 7.3 with the 2 war ships, was a pain in the ass. I found the difficulty unnecessarily high and climbing those two boats buggy.

But nah, they are not game breakers. It's just that with Blops2 in the house I might as well wait for the patch. Plus I find the story so far somewhat lacking, I hope it'll get better later, although seeing that I am at 50% of the game I doubt it'll get much better. They should make one in Feudal Japan with ninjas instead.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    lol this!

I still hate that they haven't quite fixed the climbing and controls. It's still very C-level compared to games like inFamous and Batman.
    Those games are rather simplistic in their climbing. AC is a lot more subtle, making it more prone to mistakes, but it looks that much better. In infamous you just bunnyhop along the wall and Batman has his batclaw.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Elite
    So I finally got to play this. Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

By far the best AC title, minor glitches that I've not encountered save a floating gun and Connor suffering epilepsy be damned. I can see where a lot of people said it felt disappointing by past standards, but this is the first time the opening scenes actually gripped me--and I think that this has to do with the fact that this feels nothing like "Assassin's Creed" and more like "You're a Fucking Pirate, and a Hunter, and a Native American, and a Badass--oh, and an Assassin, too, I guess; here's your clothes or whatever. You can use those little pussy hidden blades... Pfff, ahaha, just kidding, here's a hatchet and rope dart, go mercilessly slaughter shit."

I love the fact that the game throws you into swash-buckling pirate adventures, stealthy nobleman pursuits, and top-side brawlers within the first two hours. I love the fact that Haytham looks like Mitt Romney with a pony-tail and top-hat. I love the fact that the developers have finally unabashedly done away with the pretense of this being a stealth/assassin title, and made the game a full-on brawler. I love the brutality of the fights and the minor tweaks that make it the most engaging title in that regard. I love that the world is no longer a majestic civilization donned in culture and cathedrals, but a world of turgid settlers just beginning to plant the roots of their country's future. I love the tension hanging like mist throughout the streets. I love the animations. I love Connor's reticence paired with his temper. I love his innate sense of honor as opposed to Ezio's being made-into-honorable story. I love the frontier. I love the graphics. I love the bickering between townsfolk. I love that Charles Lee from Haytham's story is a bright-eyed youth, while in Connor's his eyes are bugged out, he wears a perpetual sneer, and he looks to always have just concluded the daily necessity of kicking a baby to death. I love the hunting. I love the music. I love the characters.

What I DON'T LIKE is so completely minor as to opposed to what I do that I won't waste any time writing it. This game is amazing, and in so few strokes has completely eclipsed all past AC titles for me. I wouldn't be able to enjoy them again after this. By far this year's best outing, at least for me.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 11-19-2012 at 14:53.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Those games are rather simplistic in their climbing. AC is a lot more subtle, making it more prone to mistakes, but it looks that much better. In infamous you just bunnyhop along the wall and Batman has his batclaw.
    I see what you mean there, in AC ya character looks like he is climbing in Infamous he looks like he is bunny hopping everywhere

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information