Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 717
  1. #601
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The movement climbing in AC3 is perfect now imo in terms of controls and animation etc and far surpasses the climbing of both inFamous and Batman. No more holding X and R1 to run and climb, no more jumping while climbing buildings and the tree climbing looks and feels awesome. The whole control scheme is awesome now, I love how simple combat feels now.

  2. #602
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    17,292 (0 Banked)
    Just finished it, 100% done.

    Overall I enjoyed the game but there were definitely aspects that bothered me. Most of all were the glitches, the dual-holster one being the primary one.

    My biggest complaint is Conner's personality. As the story went on I found myself simply wanting his part to be over so I could be done with him and get back to Desmond (more on that later). I think him being a native-American is what did it for me. Not because of his race per se, but because of his views and knowledge of the world he had based on his tribe and an old, failed assassin. He just seemed too naive at times and didn't fit the idea I've had hammered into my head of what a major assassin should be like. The best I can compare it to is my view towards Niko in GTA:IV, where he doesn't fit the character type for GTA games. This isn't a problem with the game by any means. As I said, he acted like a native-American, which is great, because that's what he is.

    I will say I loved his skills and the additions Ubi made to the fighting. It did feel a little too easy at times and the 100% sync was pretty easy. I had trouble with three, but once I realized the strategy of it I had absolutely zero trouble. I guess I should be happy of that, though, as I completed it on an Xbox Live account that isn't even mine, so it's not like I was getting a trophy for it or anything.

    As far as the end goes:



    I hope I got all that out correctly. I've been up since pretty dang early and staying up on coffee so I could finish the game before I had to hand the system back over.

  3. #603
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Yeah, I would agree that the climbing seems to be alot more fluid and effortless than the previous games.


    Tap-a-hoe


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  4. Likes claud3 likes this post
  5. #604
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Just finished it, 100% done.

    Overall I enjoyed the game but there were definitely aspects that bothered me. Most of all were the glitches, the dual-holster one being the primary one.

    My biggest complaint is Conner's personality. As the story went on I found myself simply wanting his part to be over so I could be done with him and get back to Desmond (more on that later). I think him being a native-American is what did it for me. Not because of his race per se, but because of his views and knowledge of the world he had based on his tribe and an old, failed assassin. He just seemed too naive at times and didn't fit the idea I've had hammered into my head of what a major assassin should be like. The best I can compare it to is my view towards Niko in GTA:IV, where he doesn't fit the character type for GTA games. This isn't a problem with the game by any means. As I said, he acted like a native-American, which is great, because that's what he is.

    I will say I loved his skills and the additions Ubi made to the fighting. It did feel a little too easy at times and the 100% sync was pretty easy. I had trouble with three, but once I realized the strategy of it I had absolutely zero trouble. I guess I should be happy of that, though, as I completed it on an Xbox Live account that isn't even mine, so it's not like I was getting a trophy for it or anything.

    As far as the end goes:



    I hope I got all that out correctly. I've been up since pretty dang early and staying up on coffee so I could finish the game before I had to hand the system back over.
    Couldn't agree with you more. A pretty poor ending.
    Overall I did sort of enjoy the game but I had lots of problems with it, and that's coming from an AC fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #605
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Had an update come up for the game, must be the patch...


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  7. #606
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Not sure now of that was the patch. Early on in the game I had my first land convoy attacked and didn't bother to save it. Noticed ever since that I can't repair or replace it and only have two other working land convoys. After the update, still can't do anything with the one that got attacked.


    Tap-a-hoe


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  8. #607
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    The worst thing about AC3 ( except from the FPS issue)

    Is climbing up those dam big trees to do that eagle look thing. So annoying, fall of so many times :P

  9. #608
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    17,292 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    The worst thing about AC3 ( except from the FPS issue)

    Is climbing up those dam big trees to do that eagle look thing. So annoying, fall of so many times :P
    The one in the southwestern area (or by the fort near the middle-south) took me like 10 tries. At the part where he swings on the branches he kept swan diving into the brush below. I felt rage like no other during that.

  10. #609
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Yea, when you have to swing from branch to branch near the very top is the worst, i fall of 8/10 times at the final jump.

  11. #610
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Found the part with the wolves when finding Captain Kidds treasure annoying. The button sequences didn't seem to work when they attacked and trying to air assassinate then from branches didn't work either. Got their in the end but damn was it hell getting the 100% on it.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  12. #611
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,613
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    299 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I enjoyed the game a lot... I finished it once 100%

    But I started a new file and just went up to sequence 6 and staying there for awhile.


    I am collecting beaver and bear pelts and liberating Boston so I can trade. I am only going to move on when I have to ability to unlock more people for the homestead..

    Just a heads up. If you get attacked by a elk with altors the male elk

    When you hit b and then the first sequence of buttons kick I like a,b when you stab it the first time. Keep hitting the X button and you will cut out the sequence of buttons you have to hit to kill it


    So hit b

    And

    The first sequence of button aka A,B


    Updates of waiting for the next sequence of buttons

    Keep hitting X and you will jump straight into instant kill


    I tried this on other animals and it fails 99% of the time. But a male elk it works really well.

    Another thing. You can get an air assassination kill while on the ground against animals and soldiers

    Just be behind or in front of them, try to not interact with them and just hit a and then the direction the person or animal is in and hit X, this is truly. But for that instance kill, it helps


    Now this works for me around 70-80% of the time and is easier then claiming to do it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  13. #612
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Watching the wife play just now, she was picking a lock in New York after just killing a rabid dog. While she is picking the lock, there is a continuous loop from a woman saying:

    "Only good dog, is a dead dog."

    She would then start saying:

    "Poor puppy...ahhh." Odd though as it sounded like she was getting pleasured.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  14. #613
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,481,413 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    $#@! me, I LOVE the naval missions. Can you imagine if that was an open world pirate MMO...Would be so cool. I hope they add more to it via DLC...I find it a really nice addition to the game, a bit unusual but so well done and polished. I was told that I am in the top 1% for number of ships destroyed...Seems I am either an excellent captain or just alone in my appreciation of this aspect of the game.

  15. #614
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,613
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    299 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    $#@! me, I LOVE the naval missions. Can you imagine if that was an open world pirate MMO...Would be so cool. I hope they add more to it via DLC...I find it a really nice addition to the game, a bit unusual but so well done and polished. I was told that I am in the top 1% for number of ships destroyed...Seems I am either an excellent captain or just alone in my appreciation of this aspect of the game.
    Just alone mate just alone


    i love the naval missions to and the whole aspect of the game

    Yes some really pissed of moments... But this is far better than skyrim.

    And i have to get my hands on the DLC'S for assassin's creed 3
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  16. #615
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    5,996 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    $#@! me, I LOVE the naval missions. Can you imagine if that was an open world pirate MMO...Would be so cool. I hope they add more to it via DLC...I find it a really nice addition to the game, a bit unusual but so well done and polished. I was told that I am in the top 1% for number of ships destroyed...Seems I am either an excellent captain or just alone in my appreciation of this aspect of the game.
    The naval mini games are the best thing to come to the series since Ezio. I loved it!


    TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  17. #616
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,613
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    299 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would say, the pages are the worst to get sometimes. And when they glitch

    It's painful
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  18. #617
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    17,292 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Found the part with the wolves when finding Captain Kidds treasure annoying. The button sequences didn't seem to work when they attacked and trying to air assassinate then from branches didn't work either. Got their in the end but damn was it hell getting the 100% on it.
    Oh man that was frustrating.

    I don't know how many times I just started laughing as I was restarting from the last checkpoint. I can't count how many times I hit the button and it never registered, so I had to hit it again and by that time I got attacked. I eventually was able to get one with the QTE and then the other two I un-successfully air assassinated, but I would at least land next to them then button mash and kill them.

    Just one more thing from this game that never should have gotten past testing. It's like the version they put to disc wasn't the actual final version.


    As for the naval missions, I was actually regretting that aspect of the game but as soon as I tried one I found myself enjoying them. I was more than happy to run through all of them as new ones showed up. It helped only one was frustrating, in terms of getting 100% (I think we all know of the one where we had to destroy the three ships by hitting the powder supply).

  19. #618
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Oh man that was frustrating.

    I don't know how many times I just started laughing as I was restarting from the last checkpoint. I can't count how many times I hit the button and it never registered, so I had to hit it again and by that time I got attacked. I eventually was able to get one with the QTE and then the other two I un-successfully air assassinated, but I would at least land next to them then button mash and kill them.

    Just one more thing from this game that never should have gotten past testing. It's like the version they put to disc wasn't the actual final version.


    .
    I did the exact same thing with the wolves in Kidds missions. I thought they were just faster or something at first, it really was glitched. I then kept doing the unsuccessful air assassination just to land next to them and button mash to kill them. Must of tried that at least 20 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #619
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I noticed that the fast travel point doesn't come up for me in Monmouth. Ran everywhere around the general store by the wagons but it still doesnt come up.


    Tap-a-hoe


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  21. #620
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,613
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    299 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fast-travel, is not accessible during simplest side mission which sucks
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  22. #621
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    They really need to look at other ways of spending money. You can make tons through pelts alone but after upgrading your ship, buying weapons, outfits, maps, etc. there really isn't much else.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  23. #622
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,613
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    299 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    They really need to look at other ways of spending money. You can make tons through pelts alone but after upgrading your ship, buying weapons, outfits, maps, etc. there really isn't much else.
    Totally agree mate... All games that involved money like GTA

    Has problem using money to it's full use
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  24. #623
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    17,292 (0 Banked)
    I didn't realize until after I beat the game (and had a couple thousand in reserve) that you could change who you send your convoy to. So instead of sending it out and making +600 for a product I could make something like +1,200.

    On 360 I was in the top 10,000 worldwide for kills and really wanted to just play through killing as many guards as possible while having sent my convoys to make money and see how high I could get on both stats, but it got boring after a bit when the only enemies I'd come across is Jagers. The fighting got stale pretty quickly compared to past games.

    And @Croyles, I got lucky with the wolves and only had to try the air assassinate/button mash thing like twice. It was after about 10-15 minutes of trying the QTE though.

  25. #624
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I didn't realize until after I beat the game (and had a couple thousand in reserve) that you could change who you send your convoy to. So instead of sending it out and making +600 for a product I could make something like +1,200.

    On 360 I was in the top 10,000 worldwide for kills and really wanted to just play through killing as many guards as possible while having sent my convoys to make money and see how high I could get on both stats, but it got boring after a bit when the only enemies I'd come across is Jagers. The fighting got stale pretty quickly compared to past games.

    And @Croyles, I got lucky with the wolves and only had to try the air assassinate/button mash thing like twice. It was after about 10-15 minutes of trying the QTE though.
    Oh yeah i only tried the air assassinations like 3 or 4 times. It was the QTEs that i failed at like 20 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  26. #625
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,963
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,495 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok so now that people have played and beat it. As someone who has never played any Assassin Creed am I missing anything Major if I play this one and not the others.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.