Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1626 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Ok so now that people have played and beat it. As someone who has never played any Assassin Creed am I missing anything Major if I play this one and not the others.
    yarp.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    yarp.
    k ill get Ezio trilogy and Assassin Creed then. Thanks
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, I am up for the sequel

But still a lot more to do in my second play through of this game... The ending sucked and a few things sucked to
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    I'm in sequence 9 right now. But I stopped for now in New York and started doing all the side stuff... collecting Almanack pages (some of them are annoying as hell.. they're all annoying!), doing liberation missions, looting chests, collecting peg leg trinkets, collecting feathers in the frontier, opening up the map of the underground of the two cities (!!! what a maze! This is f*cking annoying sometimes cause it's more work than fun, but when you actually uncover the entire underground map, it's nice, and the freemason stuff was... well it was a nice addition, but it was twisted and not real, like all conspiracies that AC uses; the conspiracies are real, but AC twists it into something absurd or something completely else for the sake of programming and "entertainment"), doing ALL the naval missions (I LOVE THEM!!!), doing 100% on every single mission, no matter which one (so far the only ones I don't have at 100% synch are the naval mission with the powder reserves and another naval mission where you have to destroy the fleet in the time limit), and so forth...

What I don't like about AC3 is that you have to uncover so much of the map yourself. I mean, even in Boston and New York there's a pretty large area that you need to run over like a monkey just to get the map uncovered. What's the point? It's annoying and doesn't make sense. Just put some random church there, nobody cares if it really was there or not. I want to synchronize on a church or whatever to uncover the map. But the frontier... DUDE that's just ridiculous. I spent about 100 minutes just running around (collecting feathers and randomly kill animals if I ran into them on the way) in the frontier to uncover the map. It's just ridiculous. Why not have some more of these huge trees? I thought they were great fun to climb (I NEVER had problems climbing them - but getting down to the ground was difficult because most times, there's nothing that you could jump into with a leap of faith) and when I got to the first tree, I thought "OK, now this is how it works in th frontier to synchronize the map". But when I was done with all the trees I was just like "WTF?!" - the area(s) that you have to uncover is absolutely huge. You can't tell me that this was fun for you.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Agree mate. But I am use to it, in every game that has you uncovering the map

It's second nature o me... Here oddly enough this is my first venture into the A.C universe and I have played the originals to get the back story and have to say, it's second

Yes with plenty of really bad parts and the in game cut scenes when just talking to the homestbad residents is $#@!... But all in all

Love the homestead upgrade missions and hunting, as I stated before
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 11:25.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    3 years in the making my ass, not with that many bugs! Just hope the upcoming DLC wont be bug ridden.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    What Dlc mate, never knew there was one

I am going to have to check this... But you could say the same for skyrim

That was in development since oblivion and the bugs that game has is hell on earth in some cases

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    There is going to be a three part story line where you try to kill George Washington.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok cool, this sounds cool

I wonder if New areas will be available and weapons and collectibles

Apprentice
    The only bugs that occured to me until now (Sequence 9):

-The infamous floating musket in the one of the first missions (nearly every review shows this bug)

-some other floating muskets/weapons, but I don't really consider this a bug, but more of a failure in the physics

-guy talks, but I don't see ANY movement of his face at all. He just looks left, then right, then straigt at me or something like that. There were some other instances where something like this happened too. Guys talk but their lips seem to move hardly if any at all. But it's not a game breaker and it's during gameplay, so you won't notice it.

-Lip synch seems to be $#@!ty during gameplay or in-gameplay "cutscenes". In earlier AC's, the developers took the time to animate the facial features as best as they could. When Ezio talked to Yusuf in "Constantinopoli" ( love the Italian accent that Roger Craig Smith does for Ezio; I liked the way that the "Animus failed" to translate every word and so you heard Ezio say "va bene" or like I wrote: Constantinopoli) his lips were synched with the audio if I remember correctly. But in AC3 it is not the case. Why?

-Things like guards just going nuts and attacking me for no reason. Funny thing: The other guards didn't even bother to come and help the others.

-Audio bugs:
    1.) I was running through the trees in the very northwest corner of the frontier. Suddenly, the sound changed. It sounded as if I was in a cave, but I wasn't. There was an echo to every sound that happened. It lasted for half an hour, then stopped (I didn't want to stop the game ^^).

2.) I was somewhere near that bridge where you commanded soldiers to shoot (I won't say in which battle, cause I don't want to spoiler for people who haven't played this part of the game yet) in a battle - but it was in Sequence 9 that I was there! The battle happened much much earlier in the game. And with every Sequence, the game reloads the entire world for a different season (summer/winter) or just for the sake of re-loading it
    Now I wanted to uncover the map so I ran around. Suddenly, I heard a crowd chearing or screaming. But there was no crowd. ??? Must've been the audio of the victory of that battle that was played when I entered the same area again (but without a battle or people).

There's so much to do, it's litterally insane. I say that they should've left out the "uncover the map yourself" thing. That just SUCKS big time. I don't know, I mean I like exploring, but this is not exploring, it's just running around like a nutter.

12. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    one really massive bug is the voice acting, one voice comes to mind and that's DESMOND's

Dad, his voice does not suit the voice set for him...

ITS THIS GUY, it's Q from Star trek Next Generation

This is so wrong on so many levels

JOHN DE LANCIE... Is an awsome actor and they screwed up big time with the wrong voice to the wrong character
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 18:09.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Man, I think the tailor in my homestead is glitched, all she does is come out of her house and smoke on her pipe. I got a pipe she can smoke! Gonna be tough getting any scans on her for the Encyclopedia of the common man.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Likewise mate. Same problem with some of them

What I tend to do. Is stalk them for the right moment and the only problem, it takes 1-2 real life hours for them to actually do a task needed for the common man Side mission

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    The only problem I had with the Encyclopedia of Common Man was getting that $#@!ing doctor to do anything other than sit on his $#@!ing arse all the time

He only has three activities while (I think) all the rest have more. So if you see him talking to Norris and whatsherface at the entrance of his house, scan him because it might not happen again for a long time!

Click HERE for my Videos

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I actually enjoy how they did the map on this one. Sure I would have liked knowing where exactly everything was, but it helped me know where I hadn't been yet (which helped a ton on Almanac pages, though part of that is I could have sworn I bout the map so never checked, just figured it was glitched and didn't show them all).

For the Encyclopedia, the doctor has three easy ones. He sits on the bench thing reading, talks to the two people on the road or picks flowers at his house. I don't think you get the other actions until you're pretty much done with the game.

The tailor was annoying though. She would always be working with the two things on that porch, then randomly walk away and smoke her pipe.

Since I did it when the game was glitched I ended up scanning like 4-5 activities for each person before it finally activated on the farmers (who I think I scanned 6 actions for). My method was just going to the furthest sections of homes (so farmer to blacksmith to miner) and in between I would follow them for a minute or two. It got them all pretty easily (at least if the glitch wasn't present). And you can use eagle vision to see if it's an action you can scan (they'll turn gold). I actually got my last farmer one when the guy was walking around, but in eagle vision I noticed he was gold so scanned him real quick and the stuff popped up saying I was done.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    I'm hoping that maybe the tailors tasks will kick in in another sequence. Just need one more task from Norris and all three for the tailor then I'm done with the encyclopedia.

Tap-a-hoe

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Just beat the game again and it's still awsome.... I wonder if I play it again and do things differently, like just focus on hunting and then collecting everything

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Best glitch so far, going into a fort filled with redcoats, killing the captain and blowing up the gun powder and no one attacks you!

Tap-a-hoe

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Do you always play as Connor?

I'm getting bored. I find myself wanting to skip the cutscenes, not bothering for full sync anymore and having a hard time wanting to pick it up and play.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    Last edited by MjW; 11-29-2012 at 21:07.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Best glitch so far, going into a fort filled with redcoats, killing the captain and blowing up the gun powder and no one attacks you!

Tap-a-hoe
    When I liberated one of the forts in the Frontier a redcoat would spawn in the middle of the place, so every time I traveled there he would be getting beat up by like 20 enemies.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    When I liberated one of the forts in the Frontier a redcoat would spawn in the middle of the place, so every time I traveled there he would be getting beat up by like 20 enemies.
    Lol! Well at least the combat is more fluid so it's a lot easier and quicker taking out enemies in groups. Ginna take a break from this game for now and concentrate on Hitman Absolution.

Tap-a-hoe

Just beat the game and while I really like it, I didn't funny understand the ending. I had to look it up and read about it in depth.

One thing I miss from the other AC games is going inside huge churches and other major architectural buildings. Sure, you can go into taverns and what not but it just doesn't have that big scale feel.

Dedicated Member

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Nice... But the dlc is having problems still

Its during testing, its wiping saves and causing the game to crash....So I will hold my breath on when they fix the problems

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    one really massive bug is the voice acting, one voice comes to mind and that's DESMOND's

Dad, his voice does not suit the voice set for him...

ITS THIS GUY, it's Q from Star trek Next Generation

This is so wrong on so many levels

JOHN DE LANCIE... Is an awsome actor and they screwed up big time with the wrong voice to the wrong character

I thought this was great! I love Q from Star Trek, and his voice was fitting IMO. Like Jeremy Jahns (the movie reviewer from youtube) commented on the ending of AC3 (no spoilers): "Some great father and son dialogue would've done wonders for the ending! I mean Desmond's father is voiced by Q from Star Trek - he could've said anything and it would've been awesome!"

I thought that nearly every character in the AC universe is voiced well. The only voice I didn't like THAT much was Altair's voice from AC Revelations. He had a different voice and an accent. In AC1, he had a much younger voice and no accent. I liked that more. But it's not like the Altair voice from ACR is bad, it's just different and I like the AC1 voice more. But besides that, every character has the perfect voice.

I have to say that I LOVE Connor's voice. So humble, soft and friendly. I like that. But the best voice acting in Assassin's Creed 3 is, hands down, Haytham Kenway. This character is one of the most interesting characters of all time in AC history, but the voice acting is just unbelievably great. Nolan North is a great voice actor, yeah, and his Desmond voice is nice, but the voice actor of Haytham did the best job.

I LOVE AC3.

One last thing: I think it's a waste of time to compare the AC titles to one another. Each one has its own flair and charme. Personally, I think AC2 is the most charming one, but the best one in terms of gameplay is AC3 (of course). Every AC game has its strenghts. AC1 has something no other AC title has: You can ride or run between the cities! You can ride from one city to the next without having to load. And then you're about 500 meters away from the city and see the entire city of Damascus or Jerusalem from afar and it looks amazing. Then you ride to the city entrance and go into the city WITHOUT a loading screen! That was just amazing and I wished they'd done that again in AC3. It could've worked.

Starting point could've been the Homestead in Davenport, then you go south into the frontier, then Boston, then New York. Between the Cities and the Frontier and Homestead, narrow paths could've been the "connection" and the area that you have to pass (and while you do that, the game loads the next area).

Whatever...

BTW: I'm in the top 1% for... whatever... I think ships destroyed. But I got several "you're in the top X or top XX" messages. Lol I guess most people don't play the naval missions. I playe EVERY naval mission with 100% synch and I thought that it was still not enough. Naval missions are great fun and I hope they release at least 10 or 15 more naval missions as DLC. But that one "destroy the ships by shooting their powder reserves" 100% synch mission... DUDE that was hard as hell until I found out how to do it.
    I did every mission there is in the game, and I completed every mission with 100% synch. This was the first AC game that had very interesting side missions (homestead missions for example, or the GREAT peg-leg missions).

Thread Information