Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1727 ... LastLast
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    AC did have loading screens between the kingdom and cities or are you just talking about approaching them from a distance and not teleporting into the city?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Selected Members Council
    Details on latest patch:

Hello Assassins,

I have included below the details of our next Assassin's Creed III holiday patch. If your console is connected to the internet at the time of release, you will receive a prompt to inform you that a title update is available to download.

Find below a list of changes in the Assassin's Creed III Holiday Patch.

Single Player

Global Fixes

- Couriers will now appear more often in Boston and New York
    - Fixed a bug where consumables would not be restored properly after playing a naval mission
    - Fixed a bug where multiple copies of heralds or paper boys could be spawned at the same spot
    - Fixed a bug where printer shops icons could appear on the map even if the player is not notorious
    - Fixed a bug where the 2nd equipped pistol could disappear after a loading
    - Fixed a bug where the player could fall through the map if he went through a city gate on horseback while in conflict
    - Fixed a crash when the player uses the rope dart on a horse from above
    - Fixed horse glitch
    - Fixed inventory messages that kept being displayed after every reload if the player had completed some missions
    - Fixed various crashes
    - Forced subtitles to be displayed for off-camera voices like some tutorials and end of sequence transitions
    - Made sure to stop tavern music when exiting taverns

SEQUENCE 1
    - A DEADLY PERFORMANCE: fixed a music glitch by making a cinematic not skippable

SEQUENCE 4
    - FEATHERS AND TREES: fixed another case where optional objective "Do not touch the ground or water" could fail for no good reason

SEQUENCE 6
    - ON JOHNSON'S TRAIL: fixed a bug where sometimes Adams and Revere could be missing, preventing the player from starting the mission

SEQUENCE 7
    - LEXINGTON AND CONCORD: fixed a bug where the player could stay stuck on the road while on horseback at a specific spot on the mission's path

EPILOGUE
    - Fixed Animus Synching gameplay that could get stuck

Side Quests
    - Boston Brawlers: clearer message after beating all ex-champions, stating that you need to go back to Boston
    - Boston Underground: fixed a bug where exploded barrels could come back if you re-entered through the South Commons entrance.
    - Boston Underground: fixed a bug where Haytham could never use the North Port entrance
    - Liberation Missions: added unfogging of the map when the player gets near a liberation event, to make sure the icon will be revealed in case the player doesn't complete it and wants to come back later.
    - New York Liberation Missions: fixed a few cases where the player could get to the event's icon but nothing would happen.
    - New York Underground, fixed a bug where the player would be teleported at the center of New York if he declined to enter the underground through the South Market entrance.

Homestead
    - Added map icons on Homestead buildings as you unlock new settlers
    - Made sure Achilles cannot be stoking the fireplace after the homestead story arc is completed
    - THE PROPER TOOLS: added map icons on all shops in New York when that mission asks the player to go buy the hammer parts for the blacksmith
    - Side-quest "ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE COMMON MAN", fixed a bug where the quest would still not be completed if the problem was already encountered prior to the last patch. Buggy savegames are now fixed on load.

Naval Locations
    - OAK ISLAND: fixed a bug where the mission could not continue if the player reloads after completing some parts of the puzzle

Frontier
    - Added auto-whistle for a horse when entering Frontier from Boston, New York or Homestead
    - Fixed NPC committing suicide when the player approaches

Menus
    - Fixed a bug where it was impossible to hide the on-screen money counter and "hold to skip" message. Money is now linked to the "mini-map" HUD visibility option, and the skip cinematic message to the "controls" option.
    - Fixed a bug where the "Fast Travel Points Unlocked" stat could not reach 100%
    - Fixed a possible crash after all pivots have been synched
    - Fixed bad date formatting in Notification Center
    - Fixed various typos and bad translations
    - Made sure Boston Brawlers and Hunting Society icons are displayed over the fog once the player gets approached to join the club
    - Map icon filters: added a bunch of side-quest start icons on the missions layer, added viewpoints to the collectibles layer, and made sure all fast travel destinations are visible on all layers.
    - Opening the weapon, naval weapon and assassin recruits menus is now faster

Multiplayer

Modes
    - Team modes balance is no longer affected when extra players join in progress.

Abilities
    - Players are no longer stuck after they got hit by knives while climbing cranes.
    - The Unstoppable Perk now correctly opens recently closed Chase Breakers in the Animus Core map.
    - Closure now seals and opens Chase Breakers for the player who used the ability as intended.

Scoring
    - Abstergo points now update correctly after you finished a game in the progression menu.

Locking
    - Locked targets don’t become unavailable under certain conditions anymore.
    - Players will now see the notorious lock indicator when their pursuers kill NPCs, regardless of their approach meter.
    - In a chase, target players will now be able to lock their pursuer by default prior to any other character.

Misc
    - It is now possible for players to reopen Chase Breakers right after their team mates went through them in the Animus Core map.
    - The time during which you’re vulnerable after a stun from ground to a haystack doesn’t vary from one mode to another anymore.
    - Players can no longer get killed by another player from any distance after performing a haystack kill.
    - Players no longer get stuck in the position the character adopts on narrow ledges when they kill with the Fast Gun.
    - Players will no longer see their pursuers as notorious when their pursuers are killed with the silent bonus or better.
    - Characters appearance and Gamertags can no longer be accidentally reverted on Wolfpack podium staging.
    via Ubisoft Forums.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-18-2012 at 20:52.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    His voice just did not fit him.... When he spoke, its odd
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    AC did have loading screens between the kingdom and cities or are you just talking about approaching them from a distance and not teleporting into the city?

Yes, I'm talking about riding into the city. Of course there is a loading screen when you quicktravel. But IIRC fast travel was only available after certain missions. I think it was in the Assassin's bureau after an assassination, when you were asked "Do you want to fast travel to Al Mualim in Masyaf?". But there was no real fast travel system like in the sequels.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I love the fast travel in AC games after the first game....

But on to something different

So what history puzzles can we expect in AC 4... I mean assassins creed 3 history lessons were awsome

But I think AC2 history was the best and with Adam and eve and all the historical references were well put together
    Last edited by claud3; 12-19-2012 at 15:08.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nice... But the dlc is having problems still

Its during testing, its wiping saves and causing the game to crash....So I will hold my breath on when they fix the problems
    OOF! Sounds like some rough sauce. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Apprentice

Damn that update looks really good...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    the updates are good, but the dlc is the main problem

on to other things... I really love searching for the chests in the game and i think the limit on spending is a problem

But the glitch on unlimited bears on one island is cool... I guess i rather have a $#@! load bear pelts

Apprentice

the updates are good, but the dlc is the main problem

on to other things... I really love searching for the chests in the game and i think the limit on spending is a problem

But the glitch on unlimited bears on one island is cool... I guess i rather have a $#@! load bear pelts
    wait is the DLC out?? i can't find it...

Unbound Mercenary
    $#@!ing love raiding forts, and taking them over. So badass.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassin...1226896p1.html

Link above on info and trailer of the dlc

The dlc is having problems over deleting saves and freezing at points... No news if problems have been fixed

Dedicated Member

The dlc is having problems over deleting saves and freezing at points... No news if problems have been fixed
    I got lucky on this one. Apparantly some have the issue and some not, but hopefully they will fix it soon. They definitely know about it, I've seen posts on the ubisoft boards about it.

Apprentice

OMFG I can't believe I missed this! *scrambles*

Apprentice
    The DLC's out? Wow. I didn't even notice. Thanks for the info guys!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    The DLC's out? Wow. I didn't even notice. Thanks for the info guys!
    Word

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well i have to get my hands on the dlc, i was a bit worried about though

i will give it a try and report back of any issue's

Unbound Mercenary
    Does anyone else have a problem not being able to recruit the guy for south-east NY?

PSN ID
    Mansonite6669
    I've heard some good, and some bad things about AC3. For example, I heard that the ending was absolutely terrible, but the game play was good. I'm kind of waiting until the price is lower until I purchase it, though. Overall, is it really a game worth getting? How does it compare to the other AC's?

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansonite6669 View Post
    I've heard some good, and some bad things about AC3. For example, I heard that the ending was absolutely terrible, but the game play was good. I'm kind of waiting until the price is lower until I purchase it, though. Overall, is it really a game worth getting? How does it compare to the other AC's?
    I've played AC I, and AC II, but not the others.

I think AC III is the best out of the franchise, the missions are more compelling and enjoyable, it makes you want to keep playing after you have been the main quest. There is just so much stuff to do through the game world that it will keep you entertained for days.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I had problems with all the recruits and i just decided to play the game all the way through with no help from anyone at all and i found it a lot more challenging and enjoying

i hate the fact that i have to use anyone else for missions were i know i can do it a lot better and a hell off a lot quicker

Unbound Mercenary
    I had problems with all the recruits and i just decided to play the game all the way through with no help from anyone at all and i found it a lot more challenging and enjoying

i hate the fact that i have to use anyone else for missions were i know i can do it a lot better and a hell off a lot quicker
    Well, the recruits level up as you have them do missions that liberate the colonies, missions that you can't do. Its a way of showing how you are building up the brotherhood. I've removed nearly every colony from the templars control.

I do think its cheap with the double shot pistol. lol I pick up a musket, do a stab-shot combo, drop the musket, pull out my pistols and the rest of the unit is dead before the first hits the ground.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    use the hidden blades in every mission, and i know some require you to use other weapons and i do, but I perfer the the hidden blades

Unbound Mercenary
    I rarely use the hidden blade, the tomahawk is my weapon of choice, plus dual wielding double shot pistols.

Right now I am spending my days hunting, and exploring the frontier.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well hidden blades all the way, I even use them for hunting bear and all animals and I love using them

Onto the bear island, have you been there and i have found a few beaver islands and a few animal areas they always reappear always

Unbound Mercenary
    Well hidden blades all the way, I even use them for hunting bear and all animals and I love using them

Onto the bear island, have you been there and i have found a few beaver islands and a few animal areas they always reappear always
    Hunting with the bow is the most fun way to do it. Just feels like you are actually hunting, wish the bow was more powerful, it lacks the strength and speed to warrant use outside of achievement getting.

Thread Information